Poll: Who should go?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ambrosini
12.77%
6 12.77%
Gattuso
17.02%
8 17.02%
Inzaghi
10.64%
5 10.64%
Nesta
6.38%
3 6.38%
Pirlo
25.53%
12 25.53%
Seedorf
17.02%
8 17.02%
All of them
0%
0 0%
None - Keep legends
10.64%
5 10.64%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Golden Generation] Who should stay, who should go?
"Leave this issue to the finance department of AC Milan"? Well, if we can't discuss things like that mzk57, why should we bother joining this forum at all? If that is the case we're left with nothing to talk about but Barbara Berlusconi's infatuation with Pato. I mean why discussing about the mercato or the games? It's Galliani and Allegri's business anyway, not ours. They're paid for it. What the hell do we, fans and outsiders, know about it?

"Our main concern should be on the beautiful game and discussion related to it." I'm sorry, but wasn't it YOU, mzk57, that came up about something not related to the beautiful game on our very last game so much that Reza needed to ask to stop talking about such thing? Pot, meet the kettle!

Okay enough with that. I'm in too good a mood to sweat it. Let's talk about your points mzk57. I really think those things you blah-blah-blah DO relate to the beautiful game. Why do you think these last few years B&G continually whine about balancing the book, or how unfavorable salary tax policy in Italy compares to other countries and stuff? It is a business so like it or not, we must always take account of a player's salary and not just his capability.

I respectfully disagree with Ace who said that all of them should stay. From our 2007 generation (the last time we won something) how many of them are playing major roles throughout this season? I think it's only Nesta and Rino. And although Ambro, Zambrotta, Pippo, Pirlo, and Seedorf have their shares of chipping in before or after their respective injuries, none of them perform as consistent as Nesta and Rino.

Mind you, I'm not into selling them ALL either. If I were Galliani I would renew the contracts of Nesta, Pippo, and Ambro, but NOT because they are our icons or other sentimental reasons, but because I honestly think that what they have to offer (in terms of football, experience, and leadership) is more than the financial expenses they incur. In short, it's pure from football point of view, to borrow from mzk57,.

If we renew them all, like Ace proposed, I'm afraid we'll be quite predictable and thus we'll experience what Munchen (won double last season), Chelsea (also double), and Inter (treble) go through this season. After all that they had won last year, they thought, even without major reinforcements, their squads would be more than enough to compete again this season. Bad decision.

Even on his last season, Paolo was still among the best CBs in Italy, yet he still retired, thus giving a chance for player none other than T. Silva to step up. Renewing only the best of the old guards will benefit us both football and financial wise. Renewing them all will be like trying to postpone the inevitable. The longer we do it, the bigger price awaits us in the near future.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Stay: Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Inzaghi

Out: Pirlo & Seedorf

However, 1 more year only for the guys who stay.
that's a good poll. I voted for Inzaghi, Nesta and Ambrosini.

Nesta should no doubt get the extension. He is still our starting player, and there is no reason for him to all of a sudden to be removed.

Inzaghi can be useful in the limited time. we have seen that in the past season. otherwise, I wouldn't mind him leaving though.

One of Ambrosini and Gattuso should be enough, considering that van Bommel should stay. I would like for us to rejuvenate our midfields.

Between Pirlo and Seedorf, I would rather Pirlo stay but his salary demand is too high and Allegri has seemed to drop him out of his plan, so I see him as a goner. Seedorf? I am just worried that he will slide back to his lazy self once getting the extension. So I don't mind if they both leave.
aka xudong
Seedorf's problem mentioned here and elsewhere is very obvious even to the casual observer, so it's a gamble to keep him, Allegri and Galliani are hopefully and 'obviously' realizing this.

Pirlo in his traditional Milan role is finished, LCM is probably not the best idea but it has nothing to do with how good he is, it has to do with having a formation that can balance creativity and defense. In the CL especially we have to stop teams higher up because I don't see us improving that much on defense.

My guess is the rest of those listed will remain and there will be more changes in 2012.
Seedorf is a Milan Legend, but enough is enough, I can't believe after all of the Posts this year about him, people want him back.

he's finished....
i wanted Seedorf's stay, Because; its very hard to find a suitable alternative for that position on the market, as a player like Seedorf is very important to midfield trio...Creative, can drive with the ball, can shoot, create and pass, keep the ball...He plays direct...

We were all complaining that our midfield was slow and static, and however they were walking... Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf e.t.c.

interesting but i have to say... Demetrio Albertini was Milan, was a legend...But He left Milan at right time and however Ancelotti started to use Pirlo at regista, if Pirlo is where he is today in world football, thanks to that decision... it was not a easy decision to send Albertini on loan and play CAM player to infront of defence...

Lets be realistic, even our midfield trio, Van Bommel, Seedorf and Gattuso...currently best midfield trio... not enough for CL success... We all saw how they suffered under Roma's press... Roma gave a good example how CL teams plays vs us at CL...High tempo, pressing e.t.c.

if Milan can add 2 quality 2 way midfielder to midfield trio, we can fight for CL...

Like I wrote in the other post.
Get Hernanes, Sandro and Ganso.
Resign MVB and Ambro.

Then you let go Pirlo, Seedorf, and sell Gattuso and Flamini.

I think with a midfield of Hernanes, Sandro, Ganso, MVB, Ambro, Boateng, Urby and Merkel. Thats enough for Milan to challenge on all fonts.

As pretty much all of them can play more than one midfielders role in the starting lineup, if all are healthy, you will have two creative midfielders who can press and defend, one destroyer and one box to box midfielder.
(05-09-2011, 05:10 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Like I wrote in the other post.
Get Hernanes, Sandro and Ganso.
Resign MVB and Ambro.

Then you let go Pirlo, Seedorf, and sell Gattuso and Flamini.

I think with a midfield of Hernanes, Sandro, Ganso, MVB, Ambro, Boateng, Urby and Merkel. Thats enough for Milan to challenge on all fonts.

As pretty much all of them can play more than one midfielders role in the starting lineup, if all are healthy, you will have two creative midfielders who can press and defend, one destroyer and one box to box midfielder.

resign or re-sign? I think it is one of trickiest words we have to deal with on daily basis.

Quote:
Definitions of resign on the Web:
•vacate: leave (a job, post, or position) voluntarily; "She vacated the position when she got pregnant"; "The chairman resigned when he was found to have misappropriated funds"
•leave office: give up or retire from a position; "The Secretary of the Navy will leave office next month"; "The chairman resigned over the financial scandal"
•release: part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
•accept as inevitable; "He resigned himself to his fate"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•A resignation is the formal act of giving up or quitting one's office or position. It can also refer to the act of admitting defeat in a game like chess, indicated by the resigning player declaring "I resign", turning his king on its side, extending his hand, or stopping the chess clock. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resign

•To quit a job or position; To submit; to give up as hopeless or inevitable
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/resign

•resignation - acceptance of despair
•resignation - the act of giving up (a claim or office or possession etc.)
•resignation - a formal document giving notice of your intention to resign; "he submitted his resignation as of next month"
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•The Resignation is the fourth full length release from Californian ska punk band Rx Bandits. It peaked at #148 on the Billboard 200.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Resignation

•Resignation - "Resignation" is the twenty-second episode of the third season of House and the sixty-eighth episode overall.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resignation_(House)

•resigned - Characterized by resignation or acceptance
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/resigned

•resignation - the act of resigning; a written or oral declaration that one resigns; state of uncomplaining, utter frustration
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/resignation

•re-sign - To sign again; to provided one's signature again
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/re-sign

•To forfeit a game.
www.jaqueslondon.com/game_rules/0/chess_rules/chess_terminology.php

sorry for the nit-picking. Grinundwech
aka xudong