Poll: Players to sell
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Christian Abbiati
2.26%
3 2.26%
Daniele Bonera
13.53%
18 13.53%
Taye Taiwo
19.55%
26 19.55%
Djamel Mesbah
20.30%
27 20.30%
Philippe Mexes
5.26%
7 5.26%
Luca Antonini
6.77%
9 6.77%
Urby Emanuelson
9.77%
13 9.77%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
2.26%
3 2.26%
Alexander Pato
6.77%
9 6.77%
Robinho
13.53%
18 13.53%
Total 133 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer Mercato 2012: Players to sell
We would not generate much money, unless it is Ibra or Pato or Robinho that we are talking about. Even Urby, I doubt that we can get more than 2 or 3 million. However, one should not forget that the savings on the wage would be immense, and that should be the main goal.

Our darkest time started around 2003 or 04, when everybody easily got paid 3 or 4 millions, and the contract was almost all 4 or 5 years long too. Nobody, I mean, nobody got under 1 million, even the most useless player like Digao. Our third goalkeeper Valerio Fiori, during his nine seasons, played 2 matches in total and collected (after tax) over 10 million in salary. Also, when Dida's contract was running out in 2007 and everybody believed that he was out, Galliani surprised the world by giving him a 3-year extension and 4 million each year.

All the wage is after-tax figure, so simply double them and you will know the cost on the club. I am happy that Galliani started to attack this problem, but it was he who dug a huge hole to start with. He is to blame, at least partially, for Milan's financial crisis.
aka xudong
Taiwo and Mesbah should go, we have Antonini for backup (first or second sub) if one quality left fullback comes. Robinho should be sold if we have money to buy other better striker (Robinho's sell + money). Milan don't need Urby if Milan indeed get Montolivo and Hernanes (with Merkel stays). Milan can promote one youngster to be 3rd or 4th backup (Valoti, Kingsley Boateng?). I still want to see a fit Pato (I hope next season Milan do focus on keeping players healthy, not only from Milan Lab or doctors' but also training method's perspective).
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I still can't figure out why the hell would Galliani sign a 4-and-half-year long contract with Mesbah? What was possessing him when doing that? He has certainly not proven to be a Milan-quality player, even though these days it was not too hard.
aka xudong
(05-08-2012, 07:54 PM)xudong Wrote: A difficult question. Need to sell? Want to sell? Sell for money? Sell out of spite? Big Grin

I picked Taiwo, Mesbah, Mexes, and Robinho by the way. I am still dreaming that Pato could shake off injury (with an entire summer ahead) and regain his form.

I am indifferent between keeping and selling Urby. I don't mind keeping Bonera and Antonini. Big Grin Grinundwech

I picked the same as you. I didn't realise Mesbah was a permanent signing, I thought he was on loan (I was on holiday when we signed him so never got the details).
(05-09-2012, 09:51 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I picked the same as you. I didn't realise Mesbah was a permanent signing, I thought he was on loan (I was on holiday when we signed him so never got the details).

Yep, we own him 100%. Big Grin Sad 4.5 years contract, undisclosed fee, even though most believe that it is between 0.5 and 0.8 million euros, also, the early return of Strasser to Milan (he was injured and out for the rest of season, so maybe Lecce wanted to save some wage on him too) was part of the deal.

His worst performance had to be the game against Arsenal. His legs were trembling.
aka xudong
Almost all of them are hard to sell because they are old, earning big wage or nothing special. Only Taiwo and Urby are sellable, IMO. They're at good age, have speed and strength/skills.
Ibrahimovic, Pato, Robinho and mexes are also easy to sell.
Robinho and taiwo... too easy.
Rest I would keep. Maybe sell Mesbah, but let's be honest; we'll never be able to sell him to any sane team.
i think it would be good if we sold binho this summer, time for a new SS/CF in our team (tevezBig Grin)
although i loved robinho as a player, its our best time to get any money from him
binho needs to agree with that, and it appears he wants to stay in milano