Bakaye Traore
Maybe the management saw that many of the midfielders would go or they are not sure if player like Flamini and Bommel will accept the offer they would give.

So, we could/have lose Gattuso, Bommel, Seedorf and Flamini is still not sure. This leave Muntari, Ambrosini (I am not sure if he already signed the new contract) and Nocerino. There are only 3 players who could play in all three position in midfield (I count Boateng and Urby as player who play as attacking midfielder behind two strikers) and we need more players for midfield. Montolivo is coming so we have 4 players now for 3 spots which is still not enough. Plus Traore we will have 5 players and I think this is enough if we add Strasser and/or Merkel.

I however agree with you guys, we should have more faith in our products. We have invested and focus in youth lately and we should use them if they show that they are capable playing for Milan. At least Merkel should stay in Milan if not both Merkel and Strasser.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Traore received a 3-year contract. Montolivo, who is 2 months older, received a 4-year contract.

Does that mean that the management values the Italian higher? It surely looks that way.
aka xudong
Well that is just logical as Montolivo is a proven Italy International....there is no question about his quality, especially in Seria A, so makes perfect sense that he gets a longer contract than Traore who ihas played a couple of seasons at a mediocre french club??
Not saying he is bad, I've never seen him play, just saying it makes sense...hope he ends up better than Montolivo Smile
I think LeBRN hit the nail on the head. Traore's contract is a good length for him to prove himself and us not lose him on cheap/free should his market value rise, but it's short enough to allow us to cut our losses should he not succeed.
Makes sense. Just that somehow it reminds me of Taiwo. The fact we don't trust him so much probably suggests something about his quality. I am hoping that I am worrying about nothing though.
aka xudong
If Traore becomes similar to Taiwo there should be mass resignations at the club. I am not even 0.1% joking.
the Taiwo deal might not be that bad if we can sell him for a fair amount, at least we make a profit off him.
Well, on a normal day I won't question why the management trusts more the captain of Fiorentina and Italy NT starting midfielder compared to a Malian (no offense to Mali NT here...) who didn't even secure the first-team in a lower-to-mid-table Ligue 1 team...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(05-18-2012, 04:06 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Well, on a normal day I won't question why the management trusts more the captain of Fiorentina and Italy NT starting midfielder compared to a Malian (no offense to Mali NT here...) who didn't even secure the first-team in a lower-to-mid-table Ligue 1 team...

Why did we sign him in the first place then? Don't we have enough bench players?

Jeez.. even rotating Merkel / Strasser sounds more reasonable than signing League 1 reserves.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(05-18-2012, 04:09 PM)fLame Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 04:06 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Well, on a normal day I won't question why the management trusts more the captain of Fiorentina and Italy NT starting midfielder compared to a Malian (no offense to Mali NT here...) who didn't even secure the first-team in a lower-to-mid-table Ligue 1 team...

Why did we sign him in the first place then? Don't we have enough bench players?

Jeez.. even rotating Merkel / Strasser sounds more reasonable than signing League 1 reserves.

That is, my friend, one thing I also sincerely want to know.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!