Champions League quarter finals first leg: Milan - Napoli April 12 2023 21:00
Which Milan will show up?

Ole
Osimhen pretty much confirmed to be out. Additionally, Simeone (who usually backs up Osimhen and has been decent) is also out. Of course, it doesn't mean anything in the end. We still have to show up and to win we have to play with 100% effort and concentration. Where we don't do so well is efficiency.

Take the Rebic 1v1 chance vs Empoli for example. It was the same exact opportunity that Leao had vs Napoli. Almost identical positions, with the exception that Leao had maybe an extra second to make a decision because he received the ball a few meters further out. In any case, both 100% clear scoring opportunities. Leao scored, and more goals followed. Confidence was gained and the 1 or 2 half chances that Napoli got after that we handled. Had Rebic scored that chance, we could be talking about another 4:0 scoreline in favor of Milan. But he didn't and as time went on we got more and more desperate, more and more frenetic.

What I'm trying to say is that the Empoli game didn't exactly lack in effort or concentration. We played well, I'll maintain that. 1st half was slow ball movement, but we still played well. We just didn't score. We were not efficient.

Football is many times a game of moments, especially when two sides are fairly evenly matched (like Milan and Napoli are). We need to capitalize on our moments like we did last week vs Napoli. If we score first, I have no doubt we'll score again. But Napoli is Napoli and they are not Empoli. They will create something for sure. They did in Naples as well. We just need to limit that and make it difficult. But we have to score and score first. Taking even a goal advantage into the rematch will be a huge psychological advantage.
Agree 100% nefremo. But im really curious how Napoli will play this game. Will they throw their identity away and play on counters? Or will they play a agressive and open game like the last time? I think it will be a lot harder to break them down if they actually play on counters. We are not good when we meet low block teams. In open play we are one of the best in the world in my opinion. Latest rumours says that Kvicha will play a false nine, and Elmas on the left. If we play like last time with that intense pressing i cant see that we will fail.

Its really important that we take advantage of Oshimens absence. He is a beast and changes how Napoli play in a big way. I think we need minimum a two goal advantage to get through. At the Maradona with a fired up Oshimen os not a good place.

Prediction: 2-0.
I'll agree with Savicevic here - I'm afraid 4-0 will bite us in the ass...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(04-10-2023, 09:00 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: I'll agree with Savicevic here - I'm afraid 4-0 will bite us in the ass...

What did Savicevic say?
aka xudong
(04-10-2023, 09:13 PM)ACM2023 Wrote: What did Savicevic say?

https://sempremilan.com/savicevic-milan-...napoli-out
We played the game we had to against Napoli. Not sure how we could have only beaten them 1-0. That would mean we are SO much better then them, that we can beat them 1-0, 2-0, 4-0, etc....just as we like. This is not a realistic scenario.

Savicevic is right in the sense that Napoli will be fired up. They are going to be motivated because they don't want be beaten by a team that's 20 points behind them in the table. They don't want their ability to be questioned. So for sure. Yes. This will be motivation for them. But the 4-0 result showed that Milan can beat Napoli heavily. It gave our own squad self belief. Every game is different, and so will the one on Wednesday. But that the 4-0 will bite us in the ass, I don't agree with. I highly doubt we'll see a nonchalant Milan just because we won 4-0 a week ago. Both sides have something to prove. If Napoli want to prove they are best Italian team this season, well so does Milan. Everyone is talking about Kim and Kvara. Well that has already had indirect adverse effect on Napoli because it motivated our own defenders and our own attackers.
And you cant underestimate our club in this tournament. Our rather unexperienced players have Maldini close all the time. You cant say the same about Napoli. They are really novises and that detail can tip this in our favour. We also have more experienced players at this level. Giroud and Kjær is really essenstial in matches like this.

Krunic will be the key yet again. Mark my wordsWink. King RadeBig Grin
Man yesterday shows everyone ups their game In CL. I never would have thought inter could make Benefica look so docile. Hope we do too to match the Napoli intensity. Thankfully we have the san Siro behind us. I think Maignan is key as he really is a leader on the pitch. I imagine we will play a lot through him to help calm nerves at least early on.
It's going to be a nervous day. This is a great opportunity for us because all teams on our side of the draw are beatable. So getting off to a good start against Napoli will be super important. I'm not looking for another 4-0 (although that's be great of course), but a solid result to take to the return game. Keeping a clean sheet would be massive, for a start. On the other hand, not sure why, but ai' positive we'll score at least one.