Poll: Which 2 teams will advance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Croatia
17.65%
6 17.65%
Ireland
2.94%
1 2.94%
Italy
38.24%
13 38.24%
Spain
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Group C - Euro 2012
The way Spain are lining up makes you wonder why Del Bosque took three classic centre forwards (Torres, Llorente and Negrede) to the Euros, when he's using Fàbregas as a 'false nine'...

I wonder if this match sets some kind of record for most midfielders used at the same time Smile
(06-10-2012, 01:09 PM)Stitch Wrote: If I remember correctly, Prandelli said that we will start with three man defense consisting of Chiellini, De Rossi and Ogbonna.
I just said "we" for Italy lol Big Grin

This is probably the first time in 20 years that I don't feel "we". Having 6 Jube players in the starting 11 disgusts me but that's not new. I think it is Pirlo that makes the difference. Angry
(06-10-2012, 04:37 PM)Ceceves Wrote: The way Spain are lining up makes you wonder why Del Bosque took three classic centre forwards (Torres, Llorente and Negrede) to the Euros, when he's using Fàbregas as a 'false nine'...

I wonder if this match sets some kind of record for most midfielders used at the same time Smile

was thinking the same thing.
aka xudong
Why is De Rossi being a CB? I know Italy defenders ain't great, but to have De Rossi? Shold hey just put Abate, Bonnucci, Chellini and Balzertti instead of a 2 and a half man defense. I think Iniesta and Silva will run wild today.
Spain has never beat Italy in their six previous meetings in a major tournament. 0-3-3. Maybe the first time today?

(06-10-2012, 05:06 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Why is De Rossi being a CB? I know Italy defenders ain't great, but to have De Rossi? Shold hey just put Abate, Bonnucci, Chellini and Balzertti instead of a 2 and a half man defense. I think Iniesta and Silva will run wild today.

It is obvious that Prandelli has no confidence in his own selection. What irony. The two person I dislike the most on this Italy side are Pirlo and Prandelli.

On the topic, De Rossi has been instrumental up to this point, making two important tackles.
aka xudong
Arrrghhh Cassano almost scores!
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
So far, Italy pressing is great but can thy do it for the whole game? Also, if they continue to press like that, Torres will come in and be the press buster. Spain really misses Villa, as they are lacking the final shot upfront.
It is too crowded just outside Italy box, Pirlo in that role is a bit dangerous these days. Otherwise good half for Italy.
Spain seems to have too much respect for Italy. The first half was very nice to watch, with Italy having the slight upper hand. The best players were De Rossi and Iniesta for me. Casillias were good too.
aka xudong
I think IT are trying to jam the middle but sometime there were too many players and they don't know what to do till the final stop. I think the main diff is really Spain not playing with a real striker, bc a lot of their plays could be either a goal or force a tough save from Buffon, rather than a weak shot or getting block.
they really miss a striker. cesc was twice alone in front of buffon, and instead of turing around and shoot the ball, he passed the ball back Big Grin