23.33%
7 23.33%
Ukraine
16.67%
5 16.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Group D - Euro 2012
Would the goal change anything? We'll never know.

At least the referee assistant in our game against Juve was like 40 meters away, and prior to the goal perhaps he was busy judging whether or not there was an offside and his brain just couldn't process several tasks around the same time.

But last night, the 5th official failed at his one and only job, and he was around five meters away.
free loan with option to buy ™
(06-20-2012, 05:32 AM)Nalx Wrote: Would the goal change anything? We'll never know.

At least the referee assistant in our game against Juve was like 40 meters away, and prior to the goal perhaps he was busy judging whether or not there was an offside and his brain just couldn't process several tasks around the same time.

But last night, the 5th official failed at his one and only job, and he was around five meters away.

Okmilan A mistake is a mistake, not to mention that it certainly could have changed the game. there was still 30 minutes left.

I guess Milan fans know how it feels. Confused
aka xudong
I will start with the controversy. The disallowed goal again calls for goal line technology, as the additional refereeing assistants are only useful if they are competent. However, as hard done by the Ukraine team will feel, the move should have been stopped earlier for offside and therefore we shouldn't have seen this happen.

Anyway, I can't really comment on the France match as a I didn't really see it. Sweden were clearly playing better and more freely though, scoring two excellent goals, especially Ibra's.

The England match was rather dull. I felt for Ukraine who looked like they could have won until Rooney scored what is a very lucky goal. England didn't impress me and like Italy really need to look introspectively at themselves if they are to progress.

What I can say is Italy - England and France - Spain should provide some fascinating matches.
edit: I'm sure John Terry handled at the end too
(06-20-2012, 09:56 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I will start with the controversy. The disallowed goal again calls for goal line technology

It's always the same problem ... They think people want to see the video technology to replace the several mistakes of the referees, but actually, it's more important to have the video technology used on the goals, and just on the goals.

It can be a simple way to use : when a situation on goal is difficult to judge (goal with offside, goal not counted like yesterday, ...), the referee can ask to watch the video if he has any doubt. This way, the video doesn't replace the referee but becomes a tool for him.

That system can be used in almost all the professionnal championships, in CL/Europa League, and the NT games ...

But instead of that, it's better to talk about the way penalties could be replaced ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Agree totally Geo. It's not like they particularly need new technology straight away either. Have a monitor where the 4th official is and let there be a judgement call made based on TV style replays, as in 99% of cases, this can determine whether a ball crossed the line.
The thing is, Rugby does it all the time and it works great, really can't see why football can't do it.