Euro 2012 Quarters, Semis and Final
Eventless half for Czech Republic - Portugal...
It took Portugal like a dozen chances before they could score one goal but I guess they don't give two hoots about it Smile
free loan with option to buy ™
Portugal had 20 shots on and off the target, while Czech only had 2. The scoreline didn't do Portugal justice, but at least they qualified. I am sure that they won't mind it was only a lousy 1-0. Big Grin
aka xudong
(06-21-2012, 09:44 PM)xudong Wrote: Portugal had 20 shots on and off the target, while Czech only had 2. The scoreline didn't do Portugal justice, but at least they qualified. I am sure that they won't mind it was only a lousy 1-0. Big Grin

I certainly mind; I could got 3 points if they won more comfortably by 2 more goals!! Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-22-2012, 02:47 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 09:44 PM)xudong Wrote: Portugal had 20 shots on and off the target, while Czech only had 2. The scoreline didn't do Portugal justice, but at least they qualified. I am sure that they won't mind it was only a lousy 1-0. Big Grin

I certainly mind; I could got 3 points if they won more comfortably by 2 more goals!! Sagrin

Agree, and Czech score 1 goal back as consolation , then I get to keep 3 points Smile

Btw, do they have other striker than Postiga? its been 2012 and they still rely on him? Huh
(06-22-2012, 04:01 AM)edysim Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 02:47 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: I certainly mind; I could got 3 points if they won more comfortably by 2 more goals!! Sagrin

Agree, and Czech score 1 goal back as consolation , then I get to keep 3 points Smile

Btw, do they have other striker than Postiga? its been 2012 and they still rely on him? Huh

They rely on C.Ronaldo... if it is not because of him, Portugal would have been kicked out from group stages, they're just poor.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
It was a tough game for the Portuguese yesterday and personally I think it's mostly because they faced an opponent that sat back and looked to hit on the counter. This isn't something that Portugal are used to, but they managed the match correctly. The Czech's weren't particularly good, as at the back the left gaps and going forward only Jiracek offered any hope. Ronaldo should have scored a hattrick, but again missed a number of chances.

That said, this Portugal side is dangerous. They're very solid and well disciplined, while going forward they have Ronaldo and Nani who provide a threat to any opponent. If teams go out to play against them, they might dominate, but they need to be very wary of Portugal's quick breaks. In this respect, I'm sure neither France or Spain are looking forward to meeting them in the semis.
As of now, every team seems to play great and their own game, but the moment the face Spain, their whole approach changes. This is something I have yet seen any teams do differently. Hopefully France can prove me wrong.
(06-22-2012, 10:13 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: As of now, every team seems to play great and their own game, but the moment the face Spain, their whole approach changes. This is something I have yet seen any teams do differently. Hopefully France can prove me wrong.

If both Spain and France play their usual game, the game is going to be the most boring one of the history of football ... Undecided
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Portugal continue to suffer because of their long-known lack of a centre forward. Other than that they seem to have a well organized team, which however would've lacked the ability to break through the Czech defense without their main man CR7.

It will be interesting to see how they'll hold up against their Spanish cousins in the semi-finals, as that will really be a test for them as a team. Actually playing France would be a very different game and I'm not sure it will necessarily be easier.