Poll: Will a majority of Milan be sold in summer of 2016?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.91%
9 40.91%
No
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Venting, sell the club, etc. thread
I don't really read much into Silvio's latest comments. Bear in mind they are made with politics in mind, so talking about an all Italian Milan or even talking about the sale being all for the good of Milan (business is business after all) is unlikely. Found it funny how he talked about not wanting someone looking for instant popularity, seeing as why he brought Milan in the first place.
(05-10-2015, 09:49 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I don't really read much into Silvio's latest comments. Bear in mind they are made with politics in mind, so talking about an all Italian Milan or even talking about the sale being all for the good of Milan (business is business after all) is unlikely. Found it funny how he talked about not wanting someone looking for instant popularity, seeing as why he brought Milan in the first place.

There's a difference, Milan is the club Silvio has supported as a kid. So it's more than just popularity. I have no doubt he is a Milan-fan and wants the best for the club.

I think this makes sense, and it's always nice to take a swipe at Inter: Devilcool

http://football-italia.net/66281/berlusc...ant-thohir

When speaking of an all Italian team, I'm not against it, if there are enough good players around. I don't think that is the case these days. It was different before when there were Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Baggio and players like that around. That is not the case anymore.
(05-10-2015, 10:24 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: There's a difference, Milan is the club Silvio has supported as a kid. So it's more than just popularity. I have no doubt he is a Milan-fan and wants the best for the club.

I think this makes sense, and it's always nice to take a swipe at Inter: Devilcool

http://football-italia.net/66281/berlusc...ant-thohir

When speaking of an all Italian team, I'm not against it, if there are enough good players around. I don't think that is the case these days. It was different before when there were Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Baggio and players like that around. That is not the case anymore.

Ok, I'm going to seem extremely cynical in this post and it's because I am, but really I don't Berlusconi loves Milan in the slightest, at least not that he will do what's best for the club without thinking about himself first.

His support for Milan as a child is dubious too:

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sp...58757.html

http://www.advarsitysports.com/berluscon...inter-mila

His comments about an Italian Milan (something he's said since he took over btw) are for a bunch of right wing politicians during his election campaign. I also believe that's the case with pretty much everything he's saying lately, as note it's always how he'll be the one to look after everything and won't let any foreigner cause damage. Note that he's targeted Thohir specifically, the only foreign owner in the Italian top flight (Roma owners have Italian ancestory).

This isn't new, Silvio's been milking the press since 30 years ago. The whole buying Milan was a very public affair, including the point where he bought the club in the courtroom. The visits in the helicopter, which particularly in the 80s had a massive effect in a show of power. The meeting and rallying of the troops he had, which are always heavily publicised. Thing is, pretty much everything Silvio does and says in the public eye is usually filled with an ulterior motive, usually related to his political career.

Even today, I have two reasons he's doing what he's doing and dragging out this deal. Either he's trying to replicate the media circus of the past, but has lost touch with modern society and can't build the same enthusiasm, or he's doing this not giving a flying f*** about most of us, but targeting a small group of dinosaurs who still live in the days where this stuff worked.

This isn't restricted to Silvio either, Barbara's clearly learnt a thing or two from her old man about using the media. Galliani's possibly the biggest snake of all, as he'll say things in public which imo are aimed at specific people to gain personal levarage.

It comes down to players too. Our golden boy Kaka was the perfect poster boy for the club and stood at a balcony beating his fist on his heart and saying how much he loved Milan, yet in all his career with Milan was never hesitant to ensure he got paid insane sums of money, asking for a pay rise pretty much every year. When that money wasn't there, he was sold to Real where he'd get that money and suddenly it was a dream come true for a boy that apparently always dreamed of playing in the white. But hey, Kaka's the good natured Christian boy that was a great family man right? Wink No doubt elements of this are probably true, but the man wasn't the pristine and perfect saint marketed to us. I don't hate Kaka btw, I really value what he did at Milan, I'm just saying what was marketed is rarely the reality.

That's why I respect Maldini, because he's never been one to particularly hide behind a facade. He doesn't want to be associated with the ultras and has never hidden that when he left he was offered a contract he thought was pretty much insulting after what he'd given to the club. Yes, he talks about loving the club, but he's also been honest that he feels it's a two way street and he's put in what he's gotten out.

Going back to topic, I still think this is a done deal with Bee. I think Berlusconi's holding off commenting because he wants to get this campaign out of the way first. If there's any truth of Berlusconi having particularly anger about Bee commenting, then it's probably because of damage it could do to his campaign. On Bee's side, I think he's certain the deal's going through and couldn't care less about Silvio's campaign, which is why he's been so confident going in front of the media.
Berlusconi: ‘Three Chinese groups’

http://football-italia.net/66311/berlusc...s%E2%80%99
Maldini is someone who loves Milan but hates the people who are running it. Kind of like loving the country but hating the government.
On the 3 Chinese groups, it's thought one is the group represented by Bee, as he's backed by Chinese organisations.

On Maldini, I know what you mean. I've found it funny that whenever someone asks him about Milan this season, his response is 'their position in the league reflect the quality of the performances'. Basically, he's saying they've been ****, only in a relatively inoffensive way.
Did ye Berlusconi saying if the right offer doesnt come in he'll rebuild himself , with an all Italian Milan called it Italiansation.Menez Honda D.Lopez will be sold to find this project and they expect €20m from these 3 players haha OH OH OHHHH and Pippo would likely be given another year to prove himself.

Sell the 2 most influential players in Menez (who I wouldnt mind selling) and Lopez and Honda also , get €20m maybe a bit more and compete for the scudetto.Oh and then we'll compete Real Barca Bayern the year after...#GraziePresidente and #ForzaFuture
i doubt they'll re-invest that 20 m euros. Menez is the only player who can create and finish chances with current midfield. without Menez and Lopez, Milan would be in Serie B.
If such (racist) thing happen, I will stop watching Milan.
(05-11-2015, 04:09 PM)maharaja Wrote: If such (racist) thing happen, I will stop watching Milan.

Its not racist its more xenaphobic equally moronic.But TBH its prob a way to sell players of any value.IMO we could get €16m for Menez €9m for Honda & €2m for Lopez ...theyre selling themselves short.