Seedorf
(04-18-2011, 05:56 PM)Siregar Wrote: I think you only remember the games when he played well. Generally he played average. In come games he played well-great but in many games he played bad-so bad.

I think that's harsh. I did say he's been inconsistent, and in general 'average' is a good way to put it.

But he gets A LOT of hate. A lot of undeserved hate in my opinion because he is a great person and a great teammate. Al ot of younger players (like Merkel) comment on how much he helps them out. He's a model in training, every coach comments on his work ethic and ability to lead.

Cassano mentioned when he walked into locker room in january 3 leaders were "Ibra, Seedorf and Gattuso". It was pretty clear to him.

Yes, I think he should go too. His team has passed, but I don't like to see people flinging fu's and constantly hating him. He's been a good milanista throughout his career and I hope he takes a management role one day
The 'problem' is that he has good behaviors like you said. He is intelligent, hard worker etc. This make every coach wants to play him what ever his condition is. He is not 25-26 years old. He was already 33-35 and still got starter in every game he is fit (from fitness perspective) and played often as left CM that needs a lot of hard work since the task are not only to attack but also help defending. Seedorf couldn't do that. It was not his fault but the coach's.

In many games in recent years he just walked and walked in the game due to his age. This made his games crap. Fans started to hate him. In the next games, they saw his name again on the starting eleven and he again played bad. No wonder the hate was getting bigger and bigger. I have to admit, I called (or still call? Big Grin) him Slowdorf. Big Grin
He was good option for the team and could be very useful too but as long as coach didn't play him all the time. He should be a super sub or start only in some games.

I like him as a player since he can attack great and defend well but he was just too old to carry Milan by himself like the coach asked from him. Unfortunately the fans only see Seedorf's bad game without seeing the mistake the coach made by playing him all the time.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I think he is the best player in AC Milan. I love to watch him play the game. AC Milan won many of matches by him. I love his last goal. He has many goals on his name. I think he will take AC Milan at no.1 rank. He will make champion to AC MIlan. He is best in nature also.
To summarize seedorf, he has known a very poor start of the second leg of this season, performing amazingly well after a few games.
I've seen the Seedorf I know again and this has made me doubt: should we let him go or not ? I mean, if he's played together with mark van bommel, he's amazing. We 've seen that. He just rejuvinates. I love seedorf if he plays like he has been doing now.
get rid of him. He plays crap for most of the season, then when its time to renew his contract he begins performing.
(05-13-2011, 10:08 AM)bijon Wrote: get rid of him. He plays crap for most of the season, then when its time to renew his contract he begins performing.

Seedorf should be allowed to stay for one more season. He still has the technical skills and he's scored four(?) goals this season. His vision, passing and crossing is, at times, immaculate. Smile And rumor has it he's a great guy and a leader off the pitch too. Seedorf should stay!
(05-13-2011, 10:08 AM)bijon Wrote: get rid of him. He plays crap for most of the season, then when its time to renew his contract he begins performing.

I am not going to say "get rid of him" or "keep him one more year" or "keep him forever", but your second sentence was certainly right on the money! Okmilan
aka xudong
I wonder if we can offer a new contract per match to Seedorf. We know for sure he'll perform every match then Big Grin
Why do you want Milan to renew Slowdorf for 1 more season? For the infos I gather, it is mainly due to his performances since April, as he will be a good bench/ squad player. Now, lets say Milan signs Hernanes, Honda, and Lamela or Lucas re-sign MVB and Ambro let go of Pirlo and sold Flamini. Thus the midfield will consist of Boateng, MVB, Hernanes, Honda, Lamela or Lucas, Merkel, Ambro, Gattuso and Urby. Thats 9 midfielders for 4 spots. To me thats more than enough, considering Robinho can drop back to play CAM when needed and Silva and move up to play DM.
If the midfield for Milan consists of the 9 I mentioned, do you still think Milan needs Slowdorf as a bench/squad player?
I think the outburst of Slowdorf about renewing contracts means Milan is really not looking at him as a 1st or 2nd or even 3rd options. Rather they are looking at Slowdorf as someone who they don't mind having as long as they could not get 2 midfielders like Hernanes and Honda. Thus, he is really being treat as an absolute last resort. As you don't see Nesta or Pippo saying anything about renewal as they knew they are in Milan plans.
You can defend Slowdorf as Milan should not treat their players like that, but what about the professionalism of Slowdorf who just walk around the pitch whenever he plays from Aug, 10 till April, 11 and demand respect.

Personally, I think he should just leave and get it over with as he is a disgrace for the # 10 shirt. Milan #10 should be someone who plays with heart and commitment from pre-season till the last game of the season and not someone who just show up in the last few games of the year.
(05-15-2011, 10:00 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I wonder if we can offer a new contract per match to Seedorf. We know for sure he'll perform every match then Big Grin

you are nastier than I. Sagrin I once proposed a monthly-renewable contract, but you sir, have outdone me. Devilol

Grinundwech
aka xudong