Champions League
reza Offline
Administrator

RE: Champions League
100% class move to give captain's arm band to Abidal. Great game whether or not a Barca fan. Easily one of the best teams I don't think anybody can deny it.
05-28-2011 09:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aficio Online
Milanista

Abidal is lifting the Cup!!!
05-28-2011 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xudong Offline
Milanista

(05-28-2011 09:50 PM)reza Wrote:  100% class move to give captain's arm band to Abidal. Great game whether or not a Barca fan. Easily one of the best teams I don't think anybody can deny it.

(Just out of curiosity) Is that allowed? Was Abidal the captain when the game finished? I don't remember Xavi being substituted?

[Image: 9IcGX.png]
05-28-2011 09:53 PM
Aficio Online
Milanista

(05-28-2011 09:50 PM)reza Wrote:  100% class move to give captain's arm band to Abidal. Great game whether or not a Barca fan. Easily one of the best teams I don't think anybody can deny it.

I can't hate Pep's Barca. Ironically, the Barca should be hated was Rijkaard's Barca.
05-28-2011 09:53 PM
xudong Offline
Milanista

This Barcelona side is SO DAMN strong that Manchester United tonight looked like a minnow to them. Reminds me of Milan 4-0 Steaua in 1989. Simply one-sided and no match.

And considering how young Messi is, this Barcelona is going to remain the team to beat in Europe for a long while. Merda did it last year with grit and luck, and hopefully with proper reinforcement, Milan can be up there to at least challenge it.

It has been quite depressing in the past few seasons. Hopefully it will change soon.

05-28-2011 10:00 PM
shegs Offline

(05-28-2011 09:53 PM)Aficio Wrote:  

I can't hate Pep's Barca. Ironically, the Barca should be hated was Rijkaard's Barca.

I don't see any reason why anyone should hate that team either. It was a good game and Barca fully deserved the victory. Anyone one notice how they seemed to be aiming at Van Der Sar's left side? Kind of reminded me of the 2007 CL at the San Siro.

Don Silvio, what is your aim???
05-28-2011 10:01 PM
xudong Offline
Milanista

(05-28-2011 09:53 PM)Aficio Wrote:  

was that because of shevchenko's disallowed goal?

(05-28-2011 10:01 PM)shegs Wrote:  
(05-28-2011 09:53 PM)Aficio Wrote:  I can't hate Pep's Barca. Ironically, the Barca should be hated was Rijkaard's Barca.

I don't see any reason why anyone should hate that team either. It was a good game and Barca fully deserved the victory. Anyone one notice how they seemed to be aiming at Van Der Sar's left side? Kind of reminded me of the 2007 CL at the San Siro.

I noticed that too. Not just the three goals in the second leg of 2007 CL semi. Kaka's two goals in the first leg at OT was also at van der Sarr's left side too.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2011 10:03 PM by xudong.)
05-28-2011 10:01 PM
shegs Offline

(05-28-2011 10:01 PM)xudong Wrote:  
(05-28-2011 09:53 PM)Aficio Wrote:  I can't hate Pep's Barca. Ironically, the Barca should be hated was Rijkaard's Barca.

was that because of shevchenko's disallowed goal?

(05-28-2011 10:01 PM)shegs Wrote:  I don't see any reason why anyone should hate that team either. It was a good game and Barca fully deserved the victory. Anyone one notice how they seemed to be aiming at Van Der Sar's left side? Kind of reminded me of the 2007 CL at the San Siro.

I noticed that too. Not just the three goals in the second leg of 2007 CL semi. Kaka's two goals in the first leg at OT was also at van der Sarr's left side too.

Angry I guess the canceled goal is a decent enough reason. We'd have torn Arsenal apart Devilcool

05-28-2011 10:09 PM
Ceceves Offline

Great game by Barca. All of their strikers scored and all of their midfielders assisted a goal. While they're definately not invincible, they're just a level above all other teams today and you really need something special to beat them.

On a brighter note, I really think that with the right moves in the mercato (a central midfielder and a trequartista, please!) we could outplay any team other than Barca. United, Madrid etc. are certainly within our reach.

So now people will really start arguing whether or not this Barca side is the best team of all time. I say let's see what they'll do in the next few seasons until the likes of Puyol, Xavi and Villa get old. If they continue like these past 3 seasons to me they'll go down as the best club side ever attack-wise. I'll still rate Sacchi and Capello's Milan side(s) as the best defensively and over all. Would be amazing to see the Milan team of 20 years ago play this Barca side.
05-28-2011 10:18 PM
shegs Offline

Busquet's assist was my low point of the game... I really don't like the guy and, for the life of me, I don't know why!

05-28-2011 10:23 PM