Champions League
Mystik Online

RE: Champions League
The biggest joke of the night according to my friend will be a Mesbah vs Messi matchup. I am NOT looking forward to that happening..so let's pray Antonini or even Zambrotta is available.

Siamo a posto cosi.
03-16-2012 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xudong Offline
Milanista

(03-16-2012 04:54 PM)Aficio Wrote:  
(03-16-2012 04:30 PM)xudong Wrote:  it would, and it may not be a good idea. more CBs doesn't mean more defensively, it means the opposite as the FBs are expected to push up to midfield and effectively become the wingers. Milan has historically owned world-class FBs who can defend well and attack effectively, so we have almost never used 3 CBs.

If Abate couldn't make it, we could be in some deep trouble. Without FBs that can move up and trace back quickly, we may as well take less risk and use players like Bonera who focuses on defending and that only.

Yeah, we used 3CBs only in Zac's era, and that was not very successful. About the world class FBs who can defend well and attack effectively, I think it is quite arguable because except for Maldini, Cafu, Zam, and Oddo came to us late and Tassotti was not really effective at attacking (at least from the match I watched). So the reason why we used only 2 CBs is that we had many world class pairs of CBs who can defend like at least 3 Big Grin

I'm also worry about our FBs condition now, both Abate & Antonini are not fit now and we can't be sure about the future.

Zac also used players with limited or no creativity in a flat-4 midfield, like Giunti Gattuso Ambrosini. Big Grin Guly was the more skilled player. Icon_lol2

And shame on you for attacking Tassotti's attacking skill. Icon_lol2 Grinundwech

[Image: 9IcGX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 05:12 PM by xudong.)
03-16-2012 05:09 PM
mzk57 Offline
MM Best Pundit

(03-16-2012 03:16 PM)Aficio Wrote:  Well, play 3CBs can be surprising Big Grin
You know what that is actually a brillient idea. I see no reason why that is a worse idea than playing with Antonini, Bonera or Mesba against the attackers of Barca. 3-5-2 could do the trick in this case.

Abbiatti
Mexes Nesta Silva

Abate MVB/Ambro Aqulani Nocerino

Boateng/Ibrahimovic Robinho

Pato

Argentina will win the World Cup
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: hand-of-god-gif-o.gif]
03-16-2012 06:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mystik Online

I think it would be a disaster to try something like that without the players even being used to playing in a formation like that before. That's ASKING for problems. I think we'll play our usual first 11..but just vary the individual instructions to suit playing against Barcelona.

Siamo a posto cosi.
03-16-2012 06:11 PM
Gabriel426 Offline
Posting Freak

As long as Ambro and Slowdorf along with Bonera are not on the pitch together, Milan will be fine.
I think by the time of the first leg, Abate, Boateng and Nesta will be ready. Having a back four of Abate, Nesta, Slva and Antonini will do against Barca. Then insert Mexes as DM in front of the defense with Nocerino and Urby(mainly due to his speed in tracking back). With Boateng and Robinho pressing on both sides and Ibra being in the middle.
03-16-2012 06:18 PM
xudong Offline
Milanista

(03-16-2012 06:11 PM)Mystik Wrote:  I think it would be a disaster to try something like that without the players even being used to playing in a formation like that before. That's ASKING for problems. I think we'll play our usual first 11..but just vary the individual instructions to suit playing against Barcelona.

I ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY, ENTHUSIASTICALLY AGREE. Okmilan
(03-16-2012 06:18 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote:  As long as Ambro and Slowdorf along with Bonera are not on the pitch together, Milan will be fine.
I think by the time of the first leg, Abate, Boateng and Nesta will be ready. Having a back four of Abate, Nesta, Slva and Antonini will do against Barca. Then insert Mexes as DM in front of the defense with Nocerino and Urby(mainly due to his speed in tracking back). With Boateng and Robinho pressing on both sides and Ibra being in the middle.

Abate will be out for two weeks, I read that he would miss the first leg.
I wouldn't put Mexes in the midfield.
If R70 and Boateng are available, it would be good news.
I somehow feel that Pato can help the team as a late sub-in.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2012 06:21 PM by xudong.)
03-16-2012 06:19 PM
xudong Offline
Milanista

The two teams happiest with this Barca-Milan draw must be Real Merdarid and Ladri Rubentus.

03-16-2012 09:21 PM
BINHO Offline

What do you think of the Physio for Chelsea??

http://www.alashock.com/2011/12/photos-m...hysio.html

If MilanLab signed her, imagine how many MORE injuries we'd have?? We wouldn't be able to field a team.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 08:30 PM by BINHO.)
03-27-2012 08:12 PM
mzk57 Offline
MM Best Pundit

(03-16-2012 09:21 PM)xudong Wrote:  The two teams happiest with this Barca-Milan draw must be Real Merdarid and Ladri Rubentus.
Well Real Madrid will be eliminated by Bayern Munich anyways, so let them be happy. Robbery will slaughter their full backs.

(03-27-2012 08:12 PM)BINHO Wrote:  What do you think of the Physio for Chelsea??

http://www.alashock.com/2011/12/photos-m...hysio.html

If MilanLab signed her, imagine how many MORE injuries we'd have?? We wouldn't be able to field a team.
Pato will spend so much with her in lab, then it would eventually cause a break b/w him and Barbara. Robinho might get a divorce and Ibrahimovic would probably start like women again (in case the rumors I have heard are right Grinundwech) Sagrin
[Image: Eva1.jpg]

Argentina will win the World Cup
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: hand-of-god-gif-o.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2012 09:30 PM by mzk57.)
03-27-2012 09:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xudong Offline
Milanista

I didn't watch either of today's two matches. I heard that Chelsea won 1-0 but didn't deserve the result. I also see that Real Madrid had 28 shots and 70% possession while APOEL had 0 shots in 90 minutes. Amazing luck Real Madrid has. If we had APOEL, at least I would not be so worried like I am right now.

03-28-2012 01:20 AM