Poll: Should Allegri be fired rite now?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes Musik005
44.12%
15 44.12%
No Facepalm
35.29%
12 35.29%
Can't say ... Blank
20.59%
7 20.59%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allegri Thread
(03-18-2014, 10:59 PM)xudong Wrote: Just to stir this pot of shit: do you guys think that Allegri could have done better than Seedorf? Fire away. :d

Don't know, but I think he cannot do worse either. Agree with Kastriot, our problem is far beyond who the coach is.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I like Seedorf's style and choices much more than the stuff Allegri did. Als I believe Seedorf will have more to say on transfers instead of Allegri.
As much as I'm fed up with Allegri, getting rid of him in january made no sense to me.
I don't think he could continue if I'm honest. It's not so much the results would seriously get worse, but I think the situation had gotten too far out of hand and the club had to do something to prevent it getting worse or trying to give a jolt to improve things.
I don't mind the change of coach, though one can argue (and I agree) that January is never a good time for that. Nonetheless, Allegri lost the plot completely, and under that circumstance, anyone would be a better option than him. Allegri had to go, and he left. Galliani also has to go. He is still here. Thus the problem isn't all solved yet. Far from it. When and only when Galliani is gone (or much reduced in his role), can we start talking about "rebuilding".

aka xudong
According to Football Italia:
Ex-Milan Coach Massimiliano Allegri turned down the Greece national bench “to be free for a club next season.”

Inter? :p
Maybe. I don't remember who is Inter's coach now Big Grin
lol, not sure if you're joking or not Aficio, but it's Mazzari, whose job is definitely under threat. Inter's a mess though, I mean not quite as insane as our situation (let's just say we're a special case these days), but really not far off. I'm now reading rumours that they're after Jackson Martinez for 30m! Honestly, I think Martinez is good but that's an insane price to pay for him and he offers little to no guarantees (in Portugal he's been great for a couple of years, in Europe he's questionable). They need a good forward, but their valuations seem absurd.

On top of that they don't seem to have a clue as to what they're doing. After the whole Guarin mess with Juve they've don't appear to have any real plan, with only Hernanes looking like a really good signing in recent times (and that was for a LOT of money). On the one hand they talk about building around young players, yet they're spending on guys in their late 20s and have Mazzari, a guy whose said during his Napoli days he doesn't like using youth, in charge.

That said, it seems half of Serie A seems to be living in some bizarro world with no sense in what's going on, whether you look at Milan, Inter, Lazio or Cagliari.
Thanks. I did forget about him, though I also found it hilarious Big Grin

Painfully hilarious. The only thing I care about this season is the ups and downs of Milan which deplete my time and spirit. So there is no attention left for other teams. Poor Inter. Both sides of the Milan city are suffering now.
Quote:Former AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri could be set to replace Tim Sherwood as the new head coach of Tottenham Hotspur, according to Corriere dello Sport.
The Italian will apparently take his former assistant from his time at the Rossoneri, Mauro Tassotti, with him to White Hart Lane.