RSC Anderlecht vs AC Milan (21-11-2012, 20h45)
No self respectful coach should ever accept coaching Chelsea ever again. I seriously can`t believe he fired Di Matteo. The only good thing coming from this is that Benitez i reported to follow him at Chelsea,meaning he will not be available if Allegri is fired.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Chelsea's situation is strange. Di Matteo wasn't a coach Abramovich ever really wanted more than for a short term, but he ended up winning CL last season, meaning Chelsea weren't in a position where they couldn't extend his contract (even then they still questioned whether he should be kept). There were signs of tension even during the celebration of the CL win when Di Matteo was screaming at Roman on his way to collect the trophy about how he won, it looked like a gesture to say "I won this, deserve respect and **** you!".

Since then Di Matteo's looked to change the way Chelsea play, with a more expansive, technical game. Start of the season was great, but there was that impression that as soon as things start to go a little wrong, he'll be sacked and that's just what's happened.

Thing is, Di Matteo needed time to build what he envisioned and they didn't give him that. On top of this, he's been handed a £50m anchor in attack, which Abramovich won't take responsibility for.

I saw what he did when in charge of West Brom and I think he did quite well there. At Chelsea, I think he's done some really good things during his time there. I don't quite know whether Di Matteo is a top coach or not, but he has been treated harshly at a club where he's done great things both as a player and a coach.

It'll be interesting to see who Chelsea get. I'm kind of hoping to see Benitez there, simply because there'll be some pretty entertaining drama should he go.

(11-21-2012, 06:56 AM)WCmilan Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 10:57 AM)Beppe Wrote: I hope our scouts keep an eye on Dennis Praet (n°26), Anderlecht's 18yo playmaker, he's a brilliant player. And for now he's still affordable.

At this point you shouldn't hope, we probably will be. Other then all the negatives and the poor season we've been having I admire one thing which is the amazing youth players we've got and are looking at.

Bojan,Els,Niang,Cristante are all great players who have at least 8 good years ahead of them.

Then we have mastour, who is just a phenominal player.
Hopefully, if genoa gets relegated we take merkel backBig Grin

ANYHOW, for tomorrow, lets go MILAN and lets go MALAGA!
If malaga beats zenit, and we beat anderlecht(correct me if im wrong) we are mathematically through!

I know it sounds complicated, but those are the two most likely results. Malaga should beat zenit and we should beat anderlecht.

I'm still hoping we can add Pato back into the list there, maybe Acerbi too.

About the situation, we need to win and hope Zenit don't win. If this happens we're mathematically through.
Hahahahaha ............ Devilol Okmilan Sagrin Devilf Devil dance
Take that De Matteo for ruining my party last May. I am glad he is fired. Now I will be even more happier when Juve will get their draw and eliminate Chelsea. NOW that my friend will be justice for stealing a completely undeserved UCL trophy.
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
(11-21-2012, 01:59 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Chelsea's situation is strange. Di Matteo wasn't a coach Abramovich ever really wanted more than for a short term, but he ended up winning CL last season, meaning Chelsea weren't in a position where they couldn't extend his contract (even then they still questioned whether he should be kept). There were signs of tension even during the celebration of the CL win when Di Matteo was screaming at Roman on his way to collect the trophy about how he won, it looked like a gesture to say "I won this, deserve respect and **** you!".

Since then Di Matteo's looked to change the way Chelsea play, with a more expansive, technical game. Start of the season was great, but there was that impression that as soon as things start to go a little wrong, he'll be sacked and that's just what's happened.

Thing is, Di Matteo needed time to build what he envisioned and they didn't give him that. On top of this, he's been handed a £50m anchor in attack, which Abramovich won't take responsibility for.

I saw what he did when in charge of West Brom and I think he did quite well there. At Chelsea, I think he's done some really good things during his time there. I don't quite know whether Di Matteo is a top coach or not, but he has been treated harshly at a club where he's done great things both as a player and a coach.

It'll be interesting to see who Chelsea get. I'm kind of hoping to see Benitez there, simply because there'll be some pretty entertaining drama should he go.

(11-21-2012, 06:56 AM)WCmilan Wrote: At this point you shouldn't hope, we probably will be. Other then all the negatives and the poor season we've been having I admire one thing which is the amazing youth players we've got and are looking at.

Bojan,Els,Niang,Cristante are all great players who have at least 8 good years ahead of them.

Then we have mastour, who is just a phenominal player.
Hopefully, if genoa gets relegated we take merkel backBig Grin

ANYHOW, for tomorrow, lets go MILAN and lets go MALAGA!
If malaga beats zenit, and we beat anderlecht(correct me if im wrong) we are mathematically through!

I know it sounds complicated, but those are the two most likely results. Malaga should beat zenit and we should beat anderlecht.

I'm still hoping we can add Pato back into the list there, maybe Acerbi too.

About the situation, we need to win and hope Zenit don't win. If this happens we're mathematically through.

I absolutely agree with you on Di Matteo. I don't think that Abramovich wanted him to start with, but winning a CL trophy and FA Cup trophy too forced him to keep Di Matteo.

It is also funny to see that Di Matteo played ugly (read: Italian style Icon_lol2) and succeeded; while he is now adjusting his style to appease the boss (and his results are in no way terrible - Allegri probably would have been fired in Chelsea for 33803873 times), he got the axe.

Di Matteo always has my respect, and that of many others (excluding zeekay Icon_lol2) I am sure. It is enough for anyone to win a CL trophy, let alone in such a Cinderella style. The other one that came to my mind was Denmark in EURO1992 (I didn't use the example of Greece in EURO2004 as both Denmark and Di Matteo were substitutes, and they were the last one to arrive at the party and yet snatched the whole cake. Icon_lol2).

On our own CL game, I think as long as we defeat Anderlecht, we are in a great position. I won't be rooting for either Malaga or Zenit.

If Zenit loses or draws, we will have a chance to secure qualification one round earlier; if Zenit wins, it is a bit risky for us but we will even have a chance to win the group. So I will watch them play calmly.

These two teams play early by the way, so by the time our game starts, we will have known their results already.
aka xudong
I agree Xudong, if we win today, then the last round should be pretty straight forward even if Zenit win, as with us improving and Zenit's continued struggle, we should be ok to get a draw against them at least. Obviously I will root for Malaga though, as I'd rather go into the last game with no pressure. Key is we need to win at all costs today, anything else and it's tough, so hopefully Allegri doesn't let the players know the Zenit score until after our match.

About Chelsea, it looks like Benitez is closer to going there. As I said, it could be entertaining should it happen, but if I was at the club I'd seriously be looking at Gus Poyet. Not only does he have a history at the club, knows the environment and English football and is a fan favourite, but he's a decent coach who likes to play offensive and creative football, the type of players which Chelsea aren't short of.
I tend to agree with you on trading the possibility "first spot" (not that we have much chance anyway) for the sense of security entering the knockout stage one round earlier; after all, in football world, anything can happen. Someone mentioned that our final game at San Siro against Zenit will be on Dec. 4, which coincided with our home loss against Rosenborg (12/4/19996) which in a way started our dark sequence of two seasons.

About Chelsea's coach, I don't really care. I support Chelsea only because I have much respect towards its coaches (Ancelotti, Di Matteo) and I like some of its players (Lampard, Oscar to name a few, and Drogba). I couldn't care less how they do now, and of course if it means that we have any chance landing Oscar (he is the one we need; and Hernanes who is now getting older), I could wish all the chaos/pandemonium in Chelsea. Icon_lol2
Malaga 2-0 Zenit less than 10 minutes into the game. LOL.
aka xudong
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/...tion-hopes

Normaly I don't care about soccernet, but interesting they say Allegri is boosted by the return of Pato from injury. Did he miss the Napoli clash because of injury? I swear I saw him warming up the second half. Good to hear about malaga. I hope that last game can act as a game for the reserves to give our guys some rest
Malaga is under a lot of pressure right now. They were a bit lucky that the scoreline isn't 2-2 already.

Fun game to watch as a neutral.
aka xudong
If Malaga draw and we win, we will still qualify for the next round. The only difference in that scenario would be that we would possibly have an inkling of a chance to top the group come the last match.....
Or do they count head-to-head over goal difference? I forget...
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Malaga needs only one point to secure the first spot. Head-to-head is the tie-breaker. We have much lousier goal difference too.
aka xudong