Roma vs Milan (22 Dec 2012, 7:45PM UTC)
This is the first real test for Allegri after de Jong was forced out of the lineup. In a sense, Allegri is unlucky. Throughout the season, he has been trying to settle down on the starting lineup, and finally he was getting there but then de Jong, an important man in his plan, is abruptly out for the season. Naturally (as a safe bet) Ambrosini will be his replacement, but I wonder if Muntari can be trusted with more responsibility at this current stage.

I don't see Abate getting the nod over De Sciglio who has been undeniably on fire. I would be disappointed if Allegri used Abate at RB position against Roma.
aka xudong
(12-20-2012, 06:24 AM)xudong Wrote: This is the first real test for Allegri after de Jong was forced out of the lineup. In a sense, Allegri is unlucky. Throughout the season, he has been trying to settle down on the starting lineup, and finally he was getting there but then de Jong, an important man in his plan, is abruptly out for the season. Naturally (as a safe bet) Ambrosini will be his replacement, but I wonder if Muntari can be trusted with more responsibility at this current stage.

I don't see Abate getting the nod over De Sciglio who has been undeniably on fire. I would be disappointed if Allegri used Abate at RB position against Roma.

I wouldn't push Muntari yet, I'd say to look to maybe start using after Christmas with regularity. Plus, Ambro may have past his best days, but he's still quite reliable and hasn't been overplayed recently.

(12-20-2012, 02:34 AM)sylrus Wrote: i dont think allegri like 4-2-3-1 at all mago
he always prefer either 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 that is from his cagliari days
its just that right now our wingers tend to fall back and defend to
i think abate will be at rb and ds will be on the bench and zapata will be replace either yepes or mexes, prob yepes as roma got a quick attacker

I don't think it's a matter of liking a system or not, but more to do with control in midfield. With a 4-2-3-1, unless at least 1 of the three pull back into midfield, the 2 always risk getting stretched, particularly against teams like Roma this year who often like open games that are end to end. Bear in mind many teams play with 3 in midfield as well, so numerically they have the advantage in the area. In our case, when we have played 4-2-3-1, El Shaarawy was always the one to drop deep into midfield to support defensively. While his workrate is nothing short of admirable, he'd risk burnout doing that every three days. Note that since we've been using 4-3-3 with regularity, he's still contributing defensively, but isn't forced to drop as deep, meaning he has less ground to cover.

I'm not saying 4-2-3-1 is bad, I think it's a good system should you be capable of pressing opponents with consistency through a match and intend to press high, but should the game become stretched then it becomes a risk.
Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel.

Defenders: Abate, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Zapata.

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Boateng, Constant, Emanuelson, Flamini, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino.

Striker : Bojan, El Shaarawy, Niang, Pazzini, Robinho.
aka xudong
(12-21-2012, 07:17 PM)xudong Wrote: Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel.

Defenders: Abate, Antonini, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Yepes, Zapata.

Midfielders: Ambrosini, Boateng, Constant, Emanuelson, Flamini, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino.

Striker : Bojan, El Shaarawy, Niang, Pazzini, Robinho.

My preferred lineup

Amelia
Abate-Mexes-Zapata-Constant
Nocerino-Ambrosini-Montolivo
El Shaarawy-Pazzini-Bojan

Call me crazy, but we need a level head in the middle of the park to cut and distribute. Ambro is the only available option for that currently. My choices of Mexes and Bojan are bases solely on the fact that they will be up for the match against one of their former teams, and wanting to prove a point.
Given how Roma's middle of the park is actually a bit "light" at the moment, I would opt for the above and swap Ambro in for Muntari if Max cannot handle the pace of the match, or is in horrible form.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
It seems that Allegri has confirmed that the following 8 players will start:

Amelia
De Sciglio, Yepes,
Nocerino, Ambrosini, Montolivo
Robinho, El Shaarawy
aka xudong
I'd rather prince play then bojan
a must win after todays results.

in binho i trust
I Heart ACM !!

REBIC FAN CLUB

Artist formally known as OCMILANO
OFFICIAL line-up vs. Roma (4-3-3): Amelia; De Sciglio-Mexes-Yepes-Constant; Montolivo-Nocerino-Ambrosini; Robinho-Boateng-El Shaarawy.

Milan’s bench: Abbiati, Gabriel, Bonera, Zapata, Abate, Antonini, Flamini, Emanuelson, Muntari, Bojan, Niang, Pazzini.
aka xudong
It seems De Sciglio is starting to be first choice for right fullback except Abate is not in the good fitness.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(12-22-2012, 08:07 PM)Siregar Wrote: It seems De Sciglio is starting to be first choice for right fullback except Abate is not in the good fitness.

I think its more so because Abate would be our first choice left fullback, had Allegri not descovered Constant. Seriously, if he hadn't put in the displays he has so far this season, we would still be looking for our left back.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool