FC Barcelona - AC Milan (Champions League Return game 12/03 20h45)
(03-16-2013, 01:18 PM)mzk57 Wrote: Now that the dust has settled, I can calmly say that AC Milan did not lose to Barcelona, nor to Messi, AC Milan lost to a defeated mentality, started by Ancelotti against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool and perfected by Allegri (the loser) in his first three seasons. There was no need for some many forwards. AC Milan would have progressed if they were without any coach, but Allegri made sure we don't by his clueless tactics.

Dude, just when I thought that you couldn't get more hilarious, you outdid yourself. Sagrin
aka xudong
(03-16-2013, 01:18 PM)mzk57 Wrote: Now that the dust has settled, I can calmly say that AC Milan did not lose to Barcelona, nor to Messi, AC Milan lost to a defeated mentality, started by Ancelotti against Deportivo, PSV and Liverpool and perfected by Allegri (the loser) in his first three seasons. There was no need for some many forwards. AC Milan would have progressed if they were without any coach, but Allegri made sure we don't by his clueless tactics.

Please shut the fuck up
(03-16-2013, 12:45 PM)shegs Wrote: I've got the benefit of hindsight so my thoughts might not count for much. I look back at the Arsenal game last season and see a similarity with the debacle at the camp nou on tuesday and for this reason I place the blame solely at Allegri's feet. At 4 - 0 and 2 - 0 respectively, we had absolutely no need to score an away goal in those games. But the coach, not for the first time, set up the team in the wrong way by not modifying his tactics from both first legs. At the camp nou, I'd have started with De Sciglio in defense and Abate at right midfield because of Iniesta. I'd have started Muntari instead of Flamini and played him at left midfield because while he might not cover as much ground as flamini, he is simply a better defensive option than the frenchman. Montolivio and Ambrosini would have kept their spots and I'd have played Prince as the trequartista. Shaarawy or Niang would have been the lone striker because of Pazzini's absence. We might have held our advantage with this defensive strategy but even if we didn't we would still have had options on the bench to win the game.

Tactics aren't learned immediately, that's why changing tactics, especially radically, are always a risk, and playing with same tactics are safe options.
(03-16-2013, 02:56 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: EDIT-

Would Barcelona have scored 4 goals against this team?

----------------SES-------------------------
Muntari-Monty-Ambro-Flamini-Boateng
DeSciglio--Zapata-Mexes--Abate--------

???

Maybe. Defense and not conceded are not only about number of defensive players, but how to defend and attack as a unit. 4-3-3 formations could be simultaneously both defensive and dangerous if played rightly.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!