Fiorentina vs AC Milan - Sunday April 7, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
(04-03-2013, 06:35 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(04-02-2013, 10:38 PM)Ceceves Wrote: As for Juve...I'm not among those who want Italian teams to do well for the sake of coefficient points. Well, Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, sure, but never Inter and Juve. Perfect scenario for me is them getting into the knock-outs, meeting a big team and getting spanked! I don't want them to win anything.

They can go to final and lose. And when they should lose in QF, at least they should not lose to a German team.

Buffon and Pirlo have a lot of experience in beating Germany. Unfortunately, juves attack doesn't have Balotelli to make neueur or however u spell it look like a little school girl Big Grin

Anyhow, I think beating fio this weekend will be very decisive for a CL spot. It'll help for second spot as well, obviously we need 3 points but it will also open the gap even further between us and fiorentina.. But for me personally, 3rd or 2nd no big deal as long we get a CL spot, 3rd place will give us a few games more work next season but not a big deal.
(04-03-2013, 09:12 AM)WCmilan Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 06:35 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: They can go to final and lose. And when they should lose in QF, at least they should not lose to a German team.

Buffon and Pirlo have a lot of experience in beating Germany. Unfortunately, juves attack doesn't have Balotelli to make neueur or however u spell it look like a little school girl Big Grin

Anyhow, I think beating fio this weekend will be very decisive for a CL spot. It'll help for second spot as well, obviously we need 3 points but it will also open the gap even further between us and fiorentina.. But for me personally, 3rd or 2nd no big deal as long we get a CL spot, 3rd place will give us a few games more work next season but not a big deal.

It changes everything ...
If you're second, you're sure to get the 25M from CL.
If you're third, you'ren ot sure to get them (as you're not sure to qualify).

Depending on what team you play, you can still lose and be eliminated in the preliminary round, especially if you play teams from the Eastern Europe (they play their league games during the summer while you only got some friendly games back from holidays).

That position (2nd or 3rd) changes all the plans of mercato. If you plan one big player to come this summer, it won't happen until the team is qualified in CL, which means by finishing 2nd, you have two months to get someone, while by finishing 3rd and qualifying then, you have 2 weeks ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(04-03-2013, 08:37 AM)mzk57 Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 07:39 AM)GeoTav Wrote: The perfect scenario IMO :
1 - We beat Fiorentina. At the same time, Juventus draws against Pescara (they should send a B team)
2 - Juventus win 2-0 against Bayern, which means extra-time, make it go to the PKs and then, I don't care who wins, but maybe it would be better to have Juventus winning that one
3 - The tired Juventus loses in Lazio while we beat Napoli
4 - And finally, we beat Juventus (already thinking about their semi-finals)

This way, when the 34th game starts, we would be 3 points away from Juventus, with Juventus still having to think about their second leg in semi-finals then ...

Of course, this perfect scenario won't happen (given we will probably not win all games and we can't really count on Pescara and Lazio for example) ... But yet, I have some glimpses of hope !! Sagrin
If you think you are the only one optimistic about Scudetto this season, then you better think again Sagrin

I believe I often open match thread with "Scudetto is ours!" Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Crazy people. 8 rounds left, and you are still dreaming about Scudetto? Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(04-04-2013, 02:00 AM)xudong Wrote: Crazy people. 8 rounds left, and you are still dreaming about Scudetto? Icon_lol2

Remember how we suffered from our loss against Barcelona last year ? Then, the end of the season became a dramatic run with zombies (seriously, we never really managed to wake up) ... Who knows if this loss against Bayern two days ago won't make them crack up ?!
(04-04-2013, 07:12 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 02:00 AM)xudong Wrote: Crazy people. 8 rounds left, and you are still dreaming about Scudetto? Icon_lol2

Remember how we suffered from our loss against Barcelona last year ? Then, the end of the season became a dramatic run with zombies (seriously, we never really managed to wake up) ... Who knows if this loss against Bayern two days ago won't make them crack up ?!
I am really pissed off at Inter for being such a coward team. They won against us last year, and now they lost to Juve. But still 11 points in 8 matches is noting. We will win I am sure! Devilcool
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
(04-04-2013, 07:34 AM)mzk57 Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 07:12 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Remember how we suffered from our loss against Barcelona last year ? Then, the end of the season became a dramatic run with zombies (seriously, we never really managed to wake up) ... Who knows if this loss against Bayern two days ago won't make them crack up ?!
I am really pissed off at Inter for being such a coward team. They won against us last year, and now they lost to Juve. But still 11 points in 8 matches is noting. We will win I am sure! Devilcool

Well, it's better to have an average Inter at 7 points (after their win against Samp yesterday) than a boosted and full of confidence Inter at 4 points (with a win against Juventus) ...
Especially because if they join us (same amount of points), we'll be behind them in the table because of the games against them (0-1, 1-1).
From what I gather, you all want a repeat of 2005 where us and Juve's positions are swapped, eh?

I wouldn't mind seriously. I do not see them lifting the CL, but a run to the finals would do some good for our coefficients. Plus, if we do manage to pull the Scudetto out of the hat against Juve, then I'm all for it as well.

But first things first. Fiorentina are no pushovers, even though recent results of theirs suggest otherwise. We NEED to win first, or else any dropped points by Napoli or Juve will be more than useless.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I have 5% hope of winning the scudetto. We still have to face juve and if we can manage to win 6 or 7 out of the remaining 8 games with possibly one loss or one draw out of those 8 games, it could be possible. If I'm honest I just don't see this Milan losing until the end of the season. We're in such good shape and our attack is just TOO strong for our seria a opponents.. seriously. However, facing fio,napoli,juve a loss could come out of one of those games as they are all very difficult,hopefully not though.. but I'm sure we'll find the back of the net in each game.
If juventus beat bayern next week,then we will have a remote chance I think.
May god with chinese footbball