Current squad - what work is needed?
1. Berlu sells the club to someone who is willing to make an effort in a competitive Milan.
2. Hiring of a new GM, Director of Football, CEO, DM......and all the rest of the MGT b/c this MGT is not working.
3. Get a manager/coach who actually knows talents instead of daydream about Matri being a top striker.
4. All teams must play a similar system.
5. Sell all players who won't fit into the new system by the manager/coach
6. Get Silva back nomatter how much it costs. Even if it means paying 100mil, as long as Milan can afford it.
7. All new players must be evaluate based on how they well they can fit into the system and not how much talents they have.
8. All new players must be footballers
Let's do the things in the right order and on different levels ...

The current team and the current coach - Short term

1 : Let's change the leading coach (Allegri), and maybe the assistant (Tassoti) too while it's still possible.
Reason - Allegri seems unable to change the wrong trajectory our team has taken for the last few months (started at the end of last season). Tassoti would maybe be worth being replaced too as I read he was principally in charge of everything touching the defence, and when we know how bad our defenders nowadays, how bad we are at defending on set pieces, maybe Tassoti is also guilty regarding these problems.

2 : Let's hire a coach who knows how that works in Milan, or a proven WC coach. Like it's no more possible to take a proven WC coach nowadays for our club, a guy like Inzaghi would be worth a try for this season. If that doesn't work, that could be because of his lack of experience but it couldn't be worse than what does Allegri nowadays, and we could hire someone else after this season. If that works, we would build the bases of next season right now and we would able, for once in a while, to properly start our next season.
Reason - An unproven coach who doesn't know Milan can't live/survive with the pressure in that club. We see it with Allegri who has qualities as a coach, but the step between Cagliari and Milan was definitely too important. About the WC coaches, there aren't a lot who are available right now, and the few who could accept a job nowadays are probably too expensive for us. That leaves us with some coaches who know the club. There are some of them who are/could be available if Milan asked them to come (from Inzaghi to Rijkaard without forgetting guys like Costa Curta, Van Basten and some others). The problem is most of them failed in another club. The only two coaches who would be worth a try should be Inzaghi as he's already in charge of the Primavera and seems to do well with the youth teams (the guy was smart on a pitch, you can't be a poacher of his quality if you have no brain, and that's the kind of quality you need to be a good coach), and Rijkaard who managed some big things in Barcelona and even launched their current project (without him, there would have been no "Guardiola era").

3 : The players have to understand they must be proud to wear our jersey and show it in each single game, against Verona and against Barcelona. The ones who are lazy should be directed towards the exit door.
Reason - We've seen too many lazy players thinking they were stars in Milan in the recent years, something we're not used to see here (from Boateng to Borriello).

One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(10-06-2013, 05:24 PM)xudong Wrote: Good article as usual, Dev. Okmilan

Zeekay's thought of turning DS into a CB is quite interesting.

Thanks, as always I appreciate it.

(10-06-2013, 05:03 PM)mzk57 Wrote: 5 easy things to do:

(1) Sack Allegri, because he is a dumb loser.

(2) Make DS as a CB. I mean more like a Maldini & Thuram role, who could play both as CD and Fullback.

(3) Take captaincy from Montolivo and give it to Abbiatti.

(4) Make Poli and regular starter & Constant a regular Serginho type sub for crossing

(5) Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray ............................................

In response to your points:

1) Agree he should be sacked now, the situation simply isn't good enough.

2) I have thought about it, but DS would need to put on more muscle and start from fresh tactically. I'd rather keep him as a fullback, as Urby and Constant don't fill me with confidence.

3) I don't think the players particularly follow Abbiati much, I don't see huge respect for him. Montolivo's not earning the armband though.

4) Agree. Constant should be on the bench when DS returns.

5) I think we all do this anyway.

(10-07-2013, 08:31 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: 1. Berlu sells the club to someone who is willing to make an effort in a competitive Milan.
2. Hiring of a new GM, Director of Football, CEO, DM......and all the rest of the MGT b/c this MGT is not working.
3. Get a manager/coach who actually knows talents instead of daydream about Matri being a top striker.
4. All teams must play a similar system.
5. Sell all players who won't fit into the new system by the manager/coach
6. Get Silva back nomatter how much it costs. Even if it means paying 100mil, as long as Milan can afford it.
7. All new players must be evaluate based on how they well they can fit into the system and not how much talents they have.
8. All new players must be footballers

As with Zeekay, in response to your points:

1) Seems unlikely, though understandable that people feel this way.
2) I wouldn't do this. While the management has been inept over the last few years (well, 6-7 years now), I think this is more down to Berlu's running than just the management.
3) Agree
4) Agree
5) Agree
6) Wishful thinking unfortunately, but agree we need to improve at the back.
7) Agree, but I think character and mentality is even more important than both your points. We lack any strong characters.
8) ??...You mean not buying players for marketing etc?

The management - Medium term

1 : We clearly need a new philosophy and new ideas in our management ... They have no more idea. They're able to make some good work on mercatos (Balotelli last season, Ibra-Robinho some years ago) and at the same time, they're able to miss chances (Matri instead of Tevez, Pato sold at a lower price).
Reason - The reason is simple : a wrong casting = the wrong player in the club for some years, a football club is like a firm, so each employee (here the players) has to be chosen wisely, not because the headless coach wants a player at all costs despite the fact everyone knows how bad/average is the player.

2 : If we have a real project, let's try to build this project !! A project isn't about one season, a project is long term and our management should stop changing it every season (we want young players, yet we get 29+ players).
Reason - A real project can help everyone in a firm or a club to work around it, from the employees of the club to the players. Change this project every season and that will cause some trouble as the wrong message is sent to the players who believed in the former project.

3 : If there is no money, find other solutions but don't moan by saying there is no money in medias !!
Reason - That just deteroriates the image of the brand.

The club and mercatos - Short, medium and long term

1 : We should keep our best players, no matter what (except if there are some problems with one of them of course). The others should all be available if an offer comes. Then, about the new players, we should just take a look at the quality of the players, even if the guy is 18, if he has talent, take him before the price goes up. And sometimes, why not taking a talented and experienced player if it's needed for short term (Toni, Diamanti for example).
Reason - We need to build a new team, a team being able to play some football, some real football, Milan has a tradition of keeping the possession, yet we keep buying players who hardly manage to make 2 passes in a row. There's something wrong there.

2 : The Berlusconi family should keep at least 51% of the club, to keep placing who they want in the club to work on its image and keep the same "family ambiancy" and tradition. That also means that if Berlusconi really doesn't want to invest anymore, he should sell parts of the club.
Reason - We can't compete with the richest clubs nor with the ambitious ones (even in Italy, Fiorentina, Juventus, Napoli to quote a few). Something has to be done as even if the FFP becomes a reality, all the other clubs will have built better teams before and as a consequence, by following the rules, we would stay behind them.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Honestly there are so many problems at the club right now, something nobody is willing to acknowledge.
I don't blame Allegri for what is going on - his only big mistake this year was bringing in Matri, though I have a feeling he was kinda forced to.

The main culprit is Silvio Berlusconi, who, after our incredible run last season, wanted to sack Allegri. That that didnt happen is probably the result of Allegri agreeing to change back to a 4-3-1-2 and play more attacking, possession oriented football. And that, I believe, is why Matri was bought. Because with Pazzo out, we had no natural partner for Balo up front, considering that El Shaarawy is a wide attacker. Berlu also ignored the fact that we do not have the type of squad anymore to play possession football. There's just not that kind of quality at Milan anymore.

Our transfer market was also abysmal, with the exception of Poli and Birsa, who have both done well. Instead of investing where it was needed, we instead wasted 12 million on Matri and renewed Bonera's contract. Now we are falling apart defensively because we have no leaders back there.

The worst part is the utter failure of the club to see what is going on. I realize that the current financial situation is especially difficult for å club like Milan though. We can't sell star players to raise cash for purchases that would strengthen the team, like Roma and Napoli did. That would cause a fan revolt and a further decline in ticket sales. We don't have our own stadium to make us money, like Juve. And Berlu cant invest because of FFP. What we are left with is a club that is struggling to adapt to modern football, and that will spend years trying to get back to the levels of the past.
In general I believe the problems in Milan is not hard to solve but it will take time.

THe thing the bothers me the most is the fact that pretty much any fans, pundits, or anyone who follows football know the problems of Milan and yet people working in Milan seems clueless as to how to fix the club.

Is Berlu really tightening the pocket so much b/c he can't or wont spend money in Milan. If thats the case, he could sell Milan to someone who is willing to spend and still be a minority owner? Bc if Milan continues to be this bad, it won't look good for him either.

The thing is, I don't think it has anything to do with money b/c Milan did spend some on Matri, Silvestre and Kaka. Whether or not those money are well spend is another story.

Could Galli and other top MGT been just hiding and not doing anything to improve Milan? If so, why do they want to do that?

IS Allegri screwing Milan on purpose?
Why are the players being disinterested in games?
Also, if anything, the defense should be better protected than last season, since DeJong is putting in World Class performances every game.

I really don't know what is going on behind closed doors, but something is wrong with this Milan.
Great posts Geo, agree with many things you said, pretty much all.

I wouldn't go for Inzaghi as coach though, as I think he's done great at youth level and it seems unfair he just gets pushed into the current mess. When we do appoint him, it should be with the chance to build his side as he wants.

I'm also unsure about Berlusconi holding ownership of Milan, as it's been a number of years that the family atmosphere has gone (I'd say since Allegri and Ibra came in).

Devoted_dm, like Geo I think you've also made some great points and I'd like to see how you think we might resolve it (you've listed the problems, but how do we sort it out?). Anyway, I agree the 4-3-1-2 is an odd decision as with Matri, but I think Allegri's fundamentally failed on getting the players to do the basics right, things like playing together and keeping a tight unit, reducing individual mistakes (something which is ridiculously common since last season started) and just doing simple things, like avoiding technical errors, such as misplaced passes and tackling firmly, rather than the weak tackling we've seen this year.

I was really annoyed watching the Juve match, after which I went on youtube and decided to watch past matches to see how different we are. The thing that struck me most was how compact those sides were and they were aggressive in trying to win the ball back, fouling if necessary.

Gabriel, your last sentence sums up most people's thoughts perfectly imo.
If they want to run Milan like a business to make profits, then signing like Matri and Silvestre should not happened.
Kaka, I would say yes, bc of commercial values.

But guys like Robinho would have been sold regardless of value due to their wages and production outputs.

Anyhow, I really don't know or have a clue why Milan is not doing anything to improve the squad.
(10-08-2013, 02:03 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If they want to run Milan like a business to make profits, then signing like Matri and Silvestre should not happened.

There is zero evidence to suggest they have a clue on the business side either otherwise, for example, Honda would have come

i was about to quote honda's case too. sometimes i don't even know what our management is up to. they are just like skidding on a watermelon skin, wherever it takes them. Facepalm
aka xudong