Current squad - what work is needed?
Why go to a decaying stadium for a price not worth admission and a hostile atmosphere when in your own home you can watch the same match in HD in comfort? I've heard a lot from various sources that this is the reason behind the falling attendances and clubs do little to nothing to encourage more people to come. Why should they either, it's not in their interest and they don't earn the revenue to justify costs to encourage people to come. In reality, neither the business or consumer earn much from these transactions and really only the councils benefit.

Filling a 78k seats is hard and while I wouldn't expect this to happen with ownership, I think owning a stadium would make us act more to entice fans to buy tickets. This is also one reason why I mentioned membership before. Let's say someone has membership to the club and as a result the opportunity to get discounts for match tickets, making frequent trips to a good stadium (I assume we'd renovate at some point soon) quite affordable or as part of the membership people get season tickets. This would entice people to come, as they will want to earn value for money they spend on the Membership, but it will also encourage frequent trips to matches too, earning more consistent numbers in attendance. Improve facilities and have greater emphasis on a positive atmosphere, further enticing families to come and you're bound to get numbers up.

I agree with your thoughts on the whole. We (and Serie A overall) shouldn't be in the state we're in, it's poor decision making and lack of foresight that resulted in this. I genuinely believe that while Barbara lacks experience, she sees how things need to change and is quite dynamic in her thinking on the subject. Bear in mind we're talking about an intelligent woman with a first class degree with honours in Philosophy.

Messages In This Thread
Current squad - what work is needed? - by Danny - 05-17-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Current squad - what work is needed? - by Ryo - 10-15-2013, 05:22 AM
RE: Current squad - what work is needed? - by Ryo - 10-16-2013, 08:30 AM
RE: Current squad - what work is needed? - by Ryo - 10-17-2013, 03:57 AM
RE: Current squad - what work is needed? - by Ryo - 11-06-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: Current squad - what work is needed? - by ACMILAN1983 - 11-19-2013, 06:17 PM