2013 - 2014 Champions League
(05-25-2014, 08:07 AM)Ceceves Wrote:
(05-25-2014, 03:52 AM)xudong Wrote: In term of European glory, our best chance was in 1995. Had we won (it would be our 6th), we would have leveled with Real Madrid, and considering the most recent trophy for Real Madrid was 1966, there would be little doubt that Milan would be the King of Europe. Everything would have been very, very different, had that happened. We lost it, and everything has been going downhill. We can't even make it to the stupid EL now. Facepalm

Surely you don't mean it's been going downhill ever since 1995? What with the four scudetti and two CLs we've won since Huh

Regarding the CL final: I think because Atlético rely a lot on intensity and defensive discipline, it makes sense that as the game approached the end of normal time Real's greater individual quality became apparent. Di María was great, as was Marcelo and Isco. Those three are probably their most exciting players to watch. Ronaldo and Bale - despite both scoring - were poor.

And Ronaldo: Great season and a new scoring record in the CL, yes, but my god what a diva! Wins a soft penalty at the end, when Atlético have given up, and then celebrates like he's just won the whole thing by himself. I've never really bought into the idea (especially widespread in Italy it seems) that once you have a safe lead you essentially stop playing. But last night it really felt wrong watching Real run all over Atlético who were understandably broken and virtually playing with 10 men. It felt disrespectful. Maybe I just really didn't want Real to get their décima Dodgy

sorry for not being clear, what I meant in that sentence was that "the hope to catch up with Real Madrid" simply went downhill after 1995. Real Madrid won 3 in 5 years and the gap was widened.
aka xudong
I was thinking of Balotelli during Ronaldo's celebration. Big Grin

Mystik I've heard quite a few people were annoyed by Ronaldo's celebration. Personally I didn't really see it as a big deal. I can understand, whether he was key or not, a player at that point of essentially winning the CL will go quite far when celebrating. On this one I have to admit I give him the benefit of the doubt, though copying Balotelli's celebration wasn't particularly original.
I think his 15-goal celebration makes up for any lack of creativity in any and all future celebrations Big Grin
Even that 15 goal celebration looked like a nine year old schoolgirl playing a game on the school playground....can't stand him Head on wall
Siamo a posto cosi.
[Image: Img401432252.jpg]
aka xudong