Serie A Week 2: Milan - Cagliari, San Siro, September 1, 2013, CET 21:45
If he cannot differentiate between disagreement in discussion and just plain insult, then I don't know what to say anymore. I assume we're all adults here who can accept that disagreement does not necessarily mean a person is personally attacking your personality.

And I don't know if it's adding salt to the wounds or something, but I actually remembered that if any of our members often slipping (albeit mild) insults in their posts, then it is the one who is complaining now.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-04-2013, 10:29 PM)Danny Wrote: I guess this is where I part company with this forum. I have no desire to come on a forum and be attacked, ridiculed, and slated for my opinion. It happened elsewhere and I can now see it happening here too.

And to have a clique of about 2 or 3 guys join up cheerleading in smearing my stance despite the fact I can rebut about 80% of this. But I don't see the point as you'll probably ignore my views and slate them again.

I don't want to fight with anyone and I wish none of you harm and you all have my best wishes but unless I have some wild change of heart this is goodbye. I've given you all high respect and never attacked your jugular but I'm not sure that's mutual.

You probably won't miss me anyway!

Farewell.

Sorry if anything I said seemed like an insult or ridicule, that was never the intention, though I can understand how what I wrote may be interpreted as such.

Firstly, I want to say there are no cliques here. Truthfully, I don't know any of the people outside of the forum nor do I have any particular relationship with anyone outside of what is seen publicly in the posts. I would say there's generally a friendly atmosphere here, as many of us have gotten to know each other and become friends over a period of time. However, the point of a forum is to share opinions and debate, if we don't do that, then I'm sure we can agree the forum would be dull.

If you seriously believe Poli is an AM, then by all means I welcome you to post your thoughts on the matter and backup your point. I'm more than happy to see how you interpret his role in the team. You say you can rebut 80% of what's been said, then please do this as I'm keen to see what you think. However, if you think I'm just going to agree like an idiot to everything you say and not state my own opinion then I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Personally I don't think anyone's attacked you on this forum. We've had disagreements, such as you disagreed with me after the Verona match and I disagreed with you after this match, but I don't think it's been anything personal. We've also had moments where we have agreed, such as the fact we both obviously think Poli can play an important role for Milan this season. You also state you feel you don't get respect, yet if you didn't then you wouldn't even have people reading or responding to your posts.

I hope you continue posting, as while we don't always agree I think it's fair to say you do stir debate, which is only a good thing. I also think you've brought a fair share of activity on the forum, something I always appreciate. However, on forums and in life in general, people will argue or disagree with you at times as none of us are the same. As a part of growing up it's important that we can grow to accept this and react appropriately, as running away will never help.
Seriously?

We actually win a game and have a member disgruntled enough to want to leave?

Wow.
I LOVE MILAN
I really think we should have an age limit to the forum from now on. Just b/c someone disagree with what you said, does not mean they are trying to force you out of the forum.
Don't want to be rude here, as I know some people are more sensitive than others but this is a forum where people express and respect each other opinions. Just leave it as that.

FOR THE RECORD, I HATE EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME, HAHAHHA.

Just joking.

One more thing, if Boateng can be an AM, Poli can be one too, hahaha
Yeah, what happen?

Danny, it might be better you just read the forum without posting for some time and it should let you know the environment and people here. Most of users here are friendly and nice. IMO, this is the most comfortable international Milan fans forum in internet.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-04-2013, 10:51 PM)reza Wrote: What is going on here? I don't want to rehash the same old lines whenever there is something on the forum.
Danny, I remember your first post here, searching for a forum that is 100% free of disagreements is impossible, insults (mild or otherwise) always exist too. I hope you continue to post.

I never expected 100% agreement. But just recently it's felt a little like the same 2 or 3 guys picking on my posts and disagreeing with venom. As if what I say is comical, worthless, and worthy of tearing apart.

I probably did slightly over-react, we all do that - it's the Internet. But I want to be able to provide my thoughts on a match without being rebutted as if I'm an idiot.

My opinions are exactly that, my thoughts - but the way I was countered here with others joining in and praising those replies as if 'YOU GOT HIM HA HA HA' was a bit like cheerleading in Kindergarten (as they say in USA). Then the follow ups suggesting my arguments are hilarious?

We are all allowed our opinions as long as they're not claiming the sky is pink. While I don't expect to be wrapped in cotton wool a little more respect for my comments would be appreciated.
(09-05-2013, 02:07 AM)nefremo Wrote: Poli is a CM with good attacking instincts and capabilities. That doesn't make him an AM however. Rui Costa was an attacking mid. Kaka was/is an attacking mid. Poli is nothing like those guys. He is more of a Lampard type of player I think. Lampard scored many goals in his career and had great attacking instincts but no way was he an AM.

Lampard is a fine example. In fact he's the perfect example. He's Chelsea's top goalscorer of all time because he spends (or when he was a bit younger) spent a LOT of time in advanced positions. Trequartisa? Maybe not. But he's definitely on that line between CM/AM. The same line I believe Poli is comfortable on.

Quote:As for people attacking others.....I don't agree. I too remember Danny's first post here and as a matter of fact I replied saying that this is the best place on the internet to discuss Milan and football with knowledgeable and respectful people. Nobody insulted Danny.....they just disagreed with his views. We all know Dev and he is one of the most knowledgeable people here and one of the most respected ones. So for what it's worth, Danny if you are still around, you should know that Dev would not insult your views and WCmilan was definitely not ganging up on you with Xudong. Let's not make anything more out of this.

Unfortunately when you refer to someone's views as 'hilarious' it is an insult. As I said I have no axe to grind with anyone here. But I've elaborated above and guess that should be the end of it?
(09-05-2013, 05:18 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: If he cannot differentiate between disagreement in discussion and just plain insult, then I don't know what to say anymore. I assume we're all adults here who can accept that disagreement does not necessarily mean a person is personally attacking your personality.

And I don't know if it's adding salt to the wounds or something, but I actually remembered that if any of our members often slipping (albeit mild) insults in their posts, then it is the one who is complaining now.

I don't insult. It's one thing I never do. You'll need to show me where I've insulted people because I don't go there.

Your post is the least constructive reply here. Which is odd because until this very moment you were one of the most amiable and agreeable people on here with me.
(09-05-2013, 09:51 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Sorry if anything I said seemed like an insult or ridicule, that was never the intention, though I can understand how what I wrote may be interpreted as such.

Apology accepted, it's easy to say things on a forum you probably wouldn't use such context with in real life.

Quote:Firstly, I want to say there are no cliques here. Truthfully, I don't know any of the people outside of the forum nor do I have any particular relationship with anyone outside of what is seen publicly in the posts. I would say there's generally a friendly atmosphere here, as many of us have gotten to know each other and become friends over a period of time. However, the point of a forum is to share opinions and debate, if we don't do that, then I'm sure we can agree the forum would be dull.

I do agree with this. My point about clique was it seemed, as I said, the same 2 or 3 guys persistently disagreeing with me, yourself included.

Quote:If you seriously believe Poli is an AM, then by all means I welcome you to post your thoughts on the matter and backup your point. I'm more than happy to see how you interpret his role in the team. You say you can rebut 80% of what's been said, then please do this as I'm keen to see what you think. However, if you think I'm just going to agree like an idiot to everything you say and not state my own opinion then I'm afraid you're mistaken.

Wouldn't expect you to be a sheep. But screaming WTF at my posts and calling my arguments hilarious might not be the best way to go ABOUT with disagreeing, if you catch my drift Wink
As for my view on Poli, Nefremo summed it up better than I've managed to. He's a Frank Lampard type of mid. fwiw as a little stat he played 30 or so matches for Samp last year - 39 shots. Deep-lying defensive midfielders don't manage as many as that. While not quite as attacking as a Boateng, certainly, he is very useful in the last third and I believe he has the ability to play the Lampard role very effectively.

Quote:Personally I don't think anyone's attacked you on this forum. We've had disagreements, such as you disagreed with me after the Verona match and I disagreed with you after this match, but I don't think it's been anything personal. We've also had moments where we have agreed, such as the fact we both obviously think Poli can play an important role for Milan this season. You also state you feel you don't get respect, yet if you didn't then you wouldn't even have people reading or responding to your posts.

No one attacked me personally, they attacked my posts. Very rarely are things personal on forums, although they can get that way.

Quote:I hope you continue posting, as while we don't always agree I think it's fair to say you do stir debate, which is only a good thing. I also think you've brought a fair share of activity on the forum, something I always appreciate. However, on forums and in life in general, people will argue or disagree with you at times as none of us are the same. As a part of growing up it's important that we can grow to accept this and react appropriately, as running away will never help.

I'm almost 35 - I think I've done the growing up stuff! I've just grown a bit tired of the way forums seem to behave at times. Walking away can often be the most useful solution, rather than regular conflict.
(09-06-2013, 09:30 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I really think we should have an age limit to the forum from now on. Just b/c someone disagree with what you said, does not mean they are trying to force you out of the forum.
Don't want to be rude here, as I know some people are more sensitive than others but this is a forum where people express and respect each other opinions. Just leave it as that.

FOR THE RECORD, I HATE EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME, HAHAHHA.

Just joking.

One more thing, if Boateng can be an AM, Poli can be one too, hahaha

Age limit? What does age have to do with anything? PS I'm probably the least sensitive guy on here - none of this offended me, but it was more 'I can't be f*cked with it' rather than 'waaaaaaah'.
(09-06-2013, 04:29 AM)Warro Bantan Wrote: Seriously?

We actually win a game and have a member disgruntled enough to want to leave?

Wow.

I'm not used to us winning...
(09-06-2013, 09:41 AM)Siregar Wrote: Yeah, what happen?

Danny, it might be better you just read the forum without posting for some time and it should let you know the environment and people here. Most of users here are friendly and nice. IMO, this is the most comfortable international Milan fans forum in internet.

Well there's only 3. This, Devilsmania and MilanFan.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
I am glad that you are back. Just try to enjoy this forum. Let's do agree to disagree. Everyone does it here. Smile
aka xudong
(09-06-2013, 02:19 PM)xudong Wrote: I am glad that you are back. Just try to enjoy this forum. Let's do agree to disagree. Everyone does it here. Smile

You and I agree to disagree so much we'll end up agreeing to agree one of these days!

Mark my words my friend Tongue
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
Welcome back Danny Smile