Summer Mercato 2011
Continuing on from the old forums Smile

Latest news links us to Van der Wiel... alot of people including his agent have talked about a future Milan move.

Taiwo also today said that he will leave Marseille for sure this summer (on a free contract) and he is already talking to a big club. Good full back, will be free, however he is Non-EU. Only way I can see him coming is if Italy opens the Non-EU quota to two again.

Rumors are that the Ganso deal is hitting complications with the club seeking more money from Milan. I think it's all rumors and I think we have a good chance of signing him - especially because Galliani has described him as a new Zidane and that would be insane for Galliani to do because that'll increase his price a few million.
The rate Abate is improving and playing, there is no need for Van der Wiel.
A LB is needed though, too bad Milan missed out on Nagatomo.

I believe the Ganso deal is as good as done or at least Milan got the 45% + 10% from that company and Ganso himself.

Whats interesting is the CB and another midfielder situation, as Seedorf, MVB are sure goners and there are rumors that Pirlo might leave too. As for CB, both Bonera and Legro are crap. I would give Papa another season. While Yepes and Nesta should be backups for next year due to their age.
will repeat myself - we need to release Oddo, Bonera, Seedorf, Janku and find their replacements.
a full back, a center back and a midfielder are all a necessity. Big Grin
A very good article was on goal.com about the state of Italian teams finances and particularly how teams not owning their own stadiums is a big problem. I know this was discussed just yesterday, so...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-losing-up
(02-10-2011, 09:52 AM)Hitman Wrote: Latest news links us to Van der Wiel... alot of people including his agent have talked about a future Milan move.

Taiwo also today said that he will leave Marseille for sure this summer (on a free contract) and he is already talking to a big club. Good full back, will be free, however he is Non-EU. Only way I can see him coming is if Italy opens the Non-EU quota to two again.

Rumors are that the Ganso deal is hitting complications with the club seeking more money from Milan. I think it's all rumors and I think we have a good chance of signing him - especially because Galliani has described him as a new Zidane and that would be insane for Galliani to do because that'll increase his price a few million.

A lot of people say we don't need a sub for Antonini, so when this Taiwo name appears, I just send back the sentence: we don't need a sub for Antonini !! Big Grin

It's either we find a world class LB or we keep Antonini and buy a squad player ... I mean, if we use a non-EU spot to buy a player who almost at the same level as Antonini is, it's a waste of money and a bad strategy.

At the end of the season, anyway, we'll need to decide if Antonini and/or Abate can be kept as starters (I'd tend to say yes for Abate so far), and as a consequence, target the appropriate players: if it was my choice, I'd go for a world class LB and an experienced RB (30yo or so) able to replace Abate if needed.
(02-10-2011, 02:01 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: A very good article was on goal.com about the state of Italian teams finances and particularly how teams not owning their own stadiums is a big problem. I know this was discussed just yesterday, so...

Just a question: how is it possible we're not able to build our own stadium ? Well, my question should be: how is it possible we don't even consider building our own stadium when a club like Lille in France does it (2012 = new stadium, 40000 places if I'm not wrong and very modern, they took the model of the best Germany stadium, I think it's the one of Schalke 04 ?) ... It's probably not a question of money, Lille isn't a richer club than us.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Yep I agree even we had a 50,000 stadium we would make some good money it would look better (although the San Siro is Iconic) and we'd make money...I dont like change..lol
(02-10-2011, 03:08 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Yep I agree even we had a 50,000 stadium we would make some good money it would look better (although the San Siro is Iconic) and we'd make money...I dont like change..lol

Well, except the derby against Inter and some CL games, we don't need a 80000 places stadium actually, it's always half empty or worse ...

60000 places would be enough, and it would be more attractive for TVs to show us with an almost full stadium instead of an almost empty one !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
That is a huge problem , a half full San Siro looks empty and still holds as much as say Anfield , Goodison , Gerland etc...
(02-10-2011, 03:00 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 09:52 AM)Hitman Wrote: Latest news links us to Van der Wiel... alot of people including his agent have talked about a future Milan move.

A lot of people say we don't need a sub for Antonini, so when this Taiwo name appears, I just send back the sentence: we don't need a sub for Antonini !! Big Grin

It's either we find a world class LB or we keep Antonini and buy a squad player ... I mean, if we use a non-EU spot to buy a player who almost at the same level as Antonini is, it's a waste of money and a bad strategy.

At the end of the season, anyway, we'll need to decide if Antonini and/or Abate can be kept as starters (I'd tend to say yes for Abate so far), and as a consequence, target the appropriate players: if it was my choice, I'd go for a world class LB and an experienced RB (30yo or so) able to replace Abate if needed.
(02-10-2011, 02:01 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: A very good article was on goal.com about the state of Italian teams finances and particularly how teams not owning their own stadiums is a big problem. I know this was discussed just yesterday, so...

Just a question: how is it possible we're not able to build our own stadium ? Well, my question should be: how is it possible we don't even consider building our own stadium when a club like Lille in France does it (2012 = new stadium, 40000 places if I'm not wrong and very modern, they took the model of the best Germany stadium, I think it's the one of Schalke 04 ?) ... It's probably not a question of money, Lille isn't a richer club than us.

I don't think it's a question of money alone, although I think this plays a part given financial goals (to stay in the black) in recent years.

I wonder if the Euro 2016 hosting bids by Italy made us wait, as potentially the income meant new facilities in the San Siro. Also, I've been hearing rumours for years that Inter want their own stadium, and therefore this could possibly leave us with the chance to get San Siro for ourselves. Another rumour is Milan and Inter want to buy the stadium together, but the state prevent it.

If I'm honest, I don't know why we don't have any fixed plans for a new stadium. I've been thinking we should be thinking about it for over 10 years.