Serie A - Week 9 : Parma - Milan ( 27 Oct 2013 - 15.00 CET)
agree, pippo in as caretaker until the end of the season.
(10-28-2013, 05:40 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Promote Pippo, and get the players he needs and asks for in January.
I will prefer AC Milan to play without coach/manager for the remaining of the season. Just fire Allegri. He is a Juve agent inside Red&Black with a mission to prevent the rise of DS, SES, Poli and Gabriel. Allegri shame on you.
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
(10-28-2013, 03:28 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Xudong that's precisely what I meant. I think Poli coming off had to happen, as Kaka wouldn't have had the same impact in place of Robinho or someone else. It's a shame for Poli, but I think it was necessary.

Interesting point. Sorry that I missed it previously.

But then, I don't think I would necessarily agree then. I feel that Poli and Kaka and Montolivo could still combine well, that is, I do not think Poli has to be sacrificed. I don't see why it has to be that way.
aka xudong
if pirlo, seedorf and kaka/rui costa can coexist together why can't poli, monto and kaka coexist together
the day when we play with 3 mind together is a dream in the past now
Instead of Pippo, anyone care for Brocchi?
Defense is already crap as it is and can't really be changed till January, but at least attacking verve and movement will be better for us.

When our kids have more heart in chasing and retaining the ball, you know your first team coach sucks balls.

We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(10-28-2013, 10:13 PM)xudong Wrote: Interesting point. Sorry that I missed it previously.

But then, I don't think I would necessarily agree then. I feel that Poli and Kaka and Montolivo could still combine well, that is, I do not think Poli has to be sacrificed. I don't see why it has to be that way.

It might have worked, Montolivo working as the anchor with Poli supporting him and Kaka free to push up. De Jong hardly performed to his standards in this match imo.

(10-28-2013, 06:34 PM)Alan Wrote: agree, pippo in as caretaker until the end of the season.

I hope not. Pippo should be in charge with a proper project set out, not in this current mess. As caretaker with this current set up, I fear we'd lose any real hope of him taking charge proper in the future.

(10-28-2013, 05:12 PM)Revolver Wrote: I read on MilanNews a while ago that Allegri wants a new Milan, and that he will abandon 4-3-1-2 formation in favor of 4-2-3-1. Allegedly, he wants to play trio of Kaka, Honda and Balotelli behind a lone striker Pazzini (because he isn't pleased with what Matri is doing so far). The same article reads that there is no place for El Shaarawy in that setup, and that he will leave in January.

I think that Allegri tried that solution yesterday, after introduction of Kaka. It was obvious that Monotlivo and De Jong played inline, with Birsa (on the right), Robinho (on the left), and Kaka (in the middle), behind Matri.

@Dev, I believe you're wrong, Allegri didn't change system at 2:2, he changed the system to 4-2-3-1 at the moment of Kaka's introduction. The best evidence was that Montolivo was inline with De Jong during Parma's attacks, with three players ahead of them. Kaka occasionally dropped back to the left, when Robinho failed to track back. You're correct that Kaka somehow disappeared at 2:2, but that was probably because he got tired, and not because of the (possible) change of position.

Anyway, I'm very keen of the idea of 4-2-3-1. Montolivo will give his best in that system, and we could play Honda, Kaka, Balotelli, and another striker.
Only I'd like to see ELS in that system too; it would be the perfect position for him on the left, with Kaka and Honda, behind Balotelli. If Honda and Kaka would work hard and track back like ELS does, we would look really great I'm sure.

I'm more than certain Allegri made the change, as it was caught on camera when he instructed Kaka to play behind Matri (I think it was when Felipe got injured?). Montolivo and De Jong did stay deeper though, with Kaka given more freedom to drive forward. It was a nice set up imo, as De Jong acted as the destroyer, Montolivo a regista and Kaka a mezzala (though not so many defensive responsibilities).

I'm not against 4-2-3-1 though, but I just felt in this match it didn't work.
(10-29-2013, 03:48 AM)sylrus Wrote: if pirlo, seedorf and kaka/rui costa can coexist together why can't poli, monto and kaka coexist together
the day when we play with 3 mind together is a dream in the past now

It's interesting for me to discuss this. Smile

Pirlo, Seedorf and Rui Costa/Kaka co-existed together only when Seedorf had legs to run all game long, and when Gattuso had legs to cover everyone and everywhere.

When Seedorf lost his legs, that system couldn't function anymore. The best evidence of this was 2004/2005 season, and Liverpool final. It was the beginning of the end of Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka co-existance.

This is the answer to your question. De Jong is good, very good, but he can't cover 70 percent of space that Gattuso could in his prime. But he biggest problem is Poli - this guy simply doesn't have legs to last for 90 minutes on the field, let alone to run for two men like Seedorf did at his prime.

Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf and Rui Costa/Kaka was one of the best midfields in club football ever, but we shouldn't be fooled by that - this midfield had it flaws too. We were very vulnerable on counter, we were somehow slow in closing space, etc, etc. These flaws were not so evident because we also had a great defense, with Nesta and Maldini.

My opinion is, either we need 2 in the middle and 2 on the flanks, with flank players defending extensively, or we need three in the middle including De Jong and Muntari.