Week 12: Sunday, November 10, 2013, Chievo vs. Milan 15:00 CET
Does anyone watch Juventus - Napoli?

Napoli is sooo weak, I'm surprised to be honest. Benitez will need three years to get something out of this team, if it's to be judged by tonight's game.

Juventus is 3:0 up, it's stoppage time, we were better against them than Napoli did tonight.

Damn, it's really sad... I would bet that we're stronger than this Napoli, even Inter has 12 points more than us and they have many players sidelined.

Galliani apparently phoned Berlusconi today and Allegri is staying. I'm sure Berlusconi doesn't want to rush with new coach, because he doesn't have options now. Leave Tassotti or promote Inzaghi and replace him in the summer, it doesn't make sense. Or he's just not interested in Milan anymore as before.
I am hoping for a Roma win of this season, but truly fear Juventus would steal it in the end. Roma is known for choking when it matters.
aka xudong
Napoli isn't weak at all, or else they wouldn't be doing so well in both Seria A & CL. The fact is, Juve is in a class of their own in Italy, and to be perfectly honest even in both legs against Madrid I think they played better and deserved to at least win one of the two legs.. Keep in mind, that's also against one of the biggest powerhouse teams around and one of the CL favorites every year(Madrid). Juve aren't doing great in CL, but the two legs against Madrid had be convinced they have a chance to win CL, unlike any other team in Italy right now. On top of already having an ultra-competitive team, they have their own stadium (and a very nice one). I don't like to boost Rubentus, but the present and future is a lot brighter for them than us, we need some drastic changes to be on their level.

Then again, I wouldn't forget the fact that it took them 6-7 years to build what they have now. They went through a few coaches before they found the right one (Conte), struggled their way up from Seria B etc.. So I guess it's a natural rebuilding process to experience a few years of crap like we are now, until we get something good going.
(11-11-2013, 12:44 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Napoli isn't weak at all, or else they wouldn't be doing so well in both Seria A & CL. The fact is, Juve is in a class of their own in Italy, and to be perfectly honest even in both legs against Madrid I think they played better and deserved to at least win one of the two legs.. Keep in mind, that's also against one of the biggest powerhouse teams around and one of the CL favorites every year(Madrid). Juve aren't doing great in CL, but the two legs against Madrid had be convinced they have a chance to win CL, unlike any other team in Italy right now. On top of already having an ultra-competitive team, they have their own stadium (and a very nice one). I don't like to boost Rubentus, but the present and future is a lot brighter for them than us, we need some drastic changes to be on their level.

Then again, I wouldn't forget the fact that it took them 6-7 years to build what they have now. They went through a few coaches before they found the right one (Conte), struggled their way up from Seria B etc.. So I guess it's a natural rebuilding process to experience a few years of crap like we are now, until we get something good going.

The problem is, their rebuilding process was a step-by-step progression. First it was to wean out all the old player, then it was to build a new stadium, fix the brand name, slowly bring in some quality, develop what they had (Chiellini, Barzagli, Vidal, Pogba, Vucinic, Bonucci, etc.).
With us, we have no such progression. We spend first year bringing in Ibra and Binho, win the league. Between second and third year BOOM - we sell off our two biggest assets to "Balance books", wean out the old guard, and then say we are going to develop youth. Worked well in the third year, and then before this year starts, what do we do? Apart from Poli, every single other player we've brought in or brought back are semi-senatori. We aren't even following the same model which we had proposed a year back to do. And whilst our finances seem in order, its all due to the fact that we managed to throw away a lot of useless contracts. One year out of the CL could see us being forced to sell another star player just to balance books again. This is NOT the way a club should be run. Fans of this, or any club for that matter, deserve way better than the mismanagement and lack of a clear direction that our club seems to be frolicking in.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Highly agree with everything you said Ryo. Our 'youth plan' of last season had me excited if I'm honest, but it looks like that may very well be out the window already. Rumors are just rumors of course, but we've already loaned out Petagna, we've seen very little of Niang/Cristante whom both might be sold (Cristante on loan, Niang sold), and again El Shaarawy rumors haven't stopped surfacing either(yet, our management hardly reassures us that he'll stay). Buying Kaka was an overall good decision, but Matri @29 years old for 11mln? Cmon, we could have got someone we actually needed (young and talented as well) in midfield, like Clasie for example. BUT, it seems like a lot of work is being put into our Primavera/Allievi, so at least that's on the right track in terms of a proper youth project.

Overall I still have a slight 10% piece of optimism in me, hoping that Berlusconi will dish out some cash to bring in the quality players we need, and Barbara will push through the management changes we also need. As far as this season goes, all I hope is that we pull off a miracle (we'll need a bigger one than last year), and qualify for CL.. Even Europa League would be half decent I guess, better than nothing and probably decent chance to actually win the trophy. Speaking of which, does anyone know how much more $$ teams make for qualifying for CL, as a pose to Europa?
(11-11-2013, 12:44 AM)WCmilan Wrote: Napoli isn't weak at all, or else they wouldn't be doing so well in both Seria A & CL. The fact is, Juve is in a class of their own in Italy, and to be perfectly honest even in both legs against Madrid I think they played better and deserved to at least win one of the two legs.. Keep in mind, that's also against one of the biggest powerhouse teams around and one of the CL favorites every year(Madrid). Juve aren't doing great in CL, but the two legs against Madrid had be convinced they have a chance to win CL, unlike any other team in Italy right now. On top of already having an ultra-competitive team, they have their own stadium (and a very nice one). I don't like to boost Rubentus, but the present and future is a lot brighter for them than us, we need some drastic changes to be on their level.

I must disagree with almost everything.

Juve is the strongest team in Italy atm, it's not questionable. But it's far from 'class of their own'.

There's no way in hell they could win CL this season. They played great first half against Madrid on Tuesday, yes, but with 120% of their strength, they were unrecognizable in the second half. On the other hand, Madrid played with 40% maximum, Ronaldo and Bale hardly tried at all, and still they've scored two goals and got a draw away at Torino. It seemed that they could score whenever they wanted.
In reality, with Real at 100%, Juventus would have a chance. CL is must stronger this year, Real is stronger and they have a better coach, Chelsea is strong again, PSG is even stronger than last year, then there are Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund... And Juventus is the same team plus Tevez, who to be honest doesn't perform at the level he was expected to perform.

Juvetnus is ultra-competitive, but just in Italy. Even in Italy, they're having problems in big games whenever Pirlo is not in the mood, or he's closed down with a man-marker on his back. That's why I was so disappointed with Napoli last night - Pirlo played a hardly average game, and still they've conceded three, without scoring any.

I agree that Juventus has a great project, but that great project came with a LOT of investment (new stadium included), and alpha and omega of that great project is re-born Pirlo. For season or two when Pirlo becomes too old, they'll need BIG investment to replace him, and it's questionable whether they will be able to find a player like him at any price. Verratti could be that player in the future, but PSG will not let him for under 40 M.

^^^ Agree with you about most. Juve will need to get Verratti or some player like that in a year or two to replace Pirlo. Pogba can play CDM or B2B, Marchisio and Vidal are B2B, and others are wingers. They're very strong in the back, and up top now they're pretty strong finally in years with Llorente and Tevez. Look at their squad, and imo it's very strong, but when you look at Man City, Barca, RM, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, PSG, then they have tons of competition. That 3-5-2 they play may limit them .. I'm curious if they'd switch in the near future.