Week 13: AC Milan v. Genova - 23/11/13 - 20:45 CET
^^^ Excellent analysis. Barcelona, for instance, operate the space in those boxes, THEN make runs into the box. If everyone is standing in the box there's no one to pass to, only hail mary crosses.

Regarding the game, I thought it was a bit funny. Obviously all of the negative energy around our club is keeping the ball out of the net.. like a curse. We didn't play awful, but Birsa, Balotelli, Zapata, and Matri should have scored (Matri should have had 4).

I'm not going to fault Allegri too much for this game as we really had 5-6 chances to score the 2nd, including the best so-called PK taker in the world. I think Allegri is rather poor coach in terms of picking players, picking transfers, substitutions, tactics, AND motivation, but this is a game which was an easy taking.

Not to get overly emotional, but I think we need a sort of revolution at Milan, but the real kind this time. Coach, Management, ownership, and half the players. Ultra's are right to protest, but not to Kaka ffs, they should be protesting for Berlusconi to SELL this team. It's the only chance Milan have of returning to glory. Galliani always talking about the past, ALWAYS, which shows there's no changes for the future.

Technically, we need to switch formations, play more offensive and quick passing, operating around the 18 yard box as DEV said, making runs, etc. We need El Shaaraway back, and we need to play Cristante, Saponara, and reward Niang and Robinho when they're in good form by playing from the start. I know that midfield wouldn't do anything, and Kaka was forced to do all of the work.

Balotelli needs to be around players and coaches he respects, otherwise he will keep acting like a baby. Prandelli would be the perfect man, who knows how to handle him. Then, play the youth (Prandelli would do this), and buy 2-3 HIGH QUALITY players to lead the squad. It's not difficult, but Berlusconi seems very very very uninterested in this team. SELL SELL SELL.
Best news of this week: Milan is one point closer to the third CL spot. Okmilan

and I agree with Nalx. This crappy management doesn't deserve such great fans. Save the energy.
aka xudong
Xu I think Milan has made you go kookoooo
I think you misspelled the word. Shouldn't it be kookoo instead? Grinundwech

and my friend, that was called "positive thinking". Icon_lol2
aka xudong
As crazy and sad as that statement is.......it IS true! We ARE 1 point closer to 3rd place! Big Grin

I haven't lost hope as nuts as that is. I believe in these colors. I believe in the jersey and in miracles.....even though it will be so hard. However, things HAVE to change. As bad as we are playing and ad much as I want Allegri to be gone....sooner or later we have to start scoring more goals. The chances were there against Genoa and we just didn't take them. We need to somehow get within 8-9 points of 3rd place before the winter break. It's not impossible. Then hopefully with Honda, Rami and hopefully another signing we can make a push for it.

Roma and Napoli will drop points. Many points.....we just have to collect ours. If we go on a winning streak of 7-8 games then its very possible.

God.....seems like love really is blind! I guess hope always dies last! Big Grin

If we can win the vast majority of our games up until Honda/Rami and whatever other January arrivals come in, I have a tiny bit of hope that we can still get 3rd place, because my hopes would be that our new signings would help us dominate the rest of the season. Honda will surely give us a big lift, probably Rami too (can't be worse than Zapata at this point...), if we can manage another couple of signings like say Nainggolan and offload Matri ASAP and get Nani (he's valued relatively cheap as recent rumors have it), we will be good. That being said, I think in order to afford more signings after Honda&Rami we'd need to sell some of our decent players, whom aren't Milan quality anyways such as Muntari,Emanuelson,Constant etc. Players like Nocerino/Zaccardo etc. are simply deadwood, they have no market and we're lucky if we get anything for players like that. That would be my way of conducting our upcoming transfer markets, but I fear that instead of getting rid of the above mentioned players with some type of market, that our management would instead make one big sale to cover all those signings (ELS or Balo), I hope not.
(11-24-2013, 05:02 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: ^^^ Excellent analysis. Barcelona, for instance, operate the space in those boxes, THEN make runs into the box. If everyone is standing in the box there's no one to pass to, only hail mary crosses.

Regarding the game, I thought it was a bit funny. Obviously all of the negative energy around our club is keeping the ball out of the net.. like a curse. We didn't play awful, but Birsa, Balotelli, Zapata, and Matri should have scored (Matri should have had 4).

I'm not going to fault Allegri too much for this game as we really had 5-6 chances to score the 2nd, including the best so-called PK taker in the world. I think Allegri is rather poor coach in terms of picking players, picking transfers, substitutions, tactics, AND motivation, but this is a game which was an easy taking.

Not to get overly emotional, but I think we need a sort of revolution at Milan, but the real kind this time. Coach, Management, ownership, and half the players. Ultra's are right to protest, but not to Kaka ffs, they should be protesting for Berlusconi to SELL this team. It's the only chance Milan have of returning to glory. Galliani always talking about the past, ALWAYS, which shows there's no changes for the future.

Technically, we need to switch formations, play more offensive and quick passing, operating around the 18 yard box as DEV said, making runs, etc. We need El Shaaraway back, and we need to play Cristante, Saponara, and reward Niang and Robinho when they're in good form by playing from the start. I know that midfield wouldn't do anything, and Kaka was forced to do all of the work.

Balotelli needs to be around players and coaches he respects, otherwise he will keep acting like a baby. Prandelli would be the perfect man, who knows how to handle him. Then, play the youth (Prandelli would do this), and buy 2-3 HIGH QUALITY players to lead the squad. It's not difficult, but Berlusconi seems very very very uninterested in this team. SELL SELL SELL.

I couldn't agree more.

More than often, this team has been caught living in past glory and continuously talking about the legends of the past not necessarily helps the need to adapt to the present while building for the future.

When the old guard left the squad in tears and emotion, I was wondering how easy would the transition to a new era be. And this thing here, is simpy not good enough, considering that AC Milan are one of the most sucessful teams in recent European football history.

T. Silva and Zlatan, both in the world's top-5 in their respective positions were sold to PSG, just after the eternally injured wonderboy Pato took his talents back to Brazil. Meanwhile, the president of the team owns money to everyone who speaks Italian and, in the near past, has been to court more times than Matri (11m) has found the net so far.

Zvonimir Boban, speaking less as a past legend and more as a fan, has every right to be publicly outraged by Balotelli's behavior. People say he sometimes doesn't even turn up for training anymore. You wonder if there is a point where, apart from the theatrics, he realises that he should be the world class player his skills and athleticism suggest he should.

Obviously, our coach can simply not handle the situation. He seems lost and while he's not the only man to blame for this mess of a team, at times, he looks so confused and unable to solve problems that every week, people who think he is the right man for this job are getting less and less.

By no means I see myself an expert tactician but, as some of you have written in here, I find it worrying that most of the times, I just can't recognize a familiar pattern in Allegri's gameplan.

That said, as El Mago wrote, the Genoa game was an easy taking. I'm still trying to find out if the biggest problem is the coach, the lack of determination in the squad or the lack of quality. Or the fact that our muscle injury record is becoming the joke of whole Italy.

One thing for sure, the management of this team during the last years has been ridiculous. Berlusconi has to sell this team.