Milan vs Ajax - San Siro - December 11, 2013
(12-16-2013, 09:22 PM)mathiask Wrote: Als ik jou was

http://www.sportlemon.tv/20131215/vv52ae...07284.html

Echt leuke wedstrijd. Urby doet het goed.

Geen tijd helaas, maar doet me goed te horen.
Zonde dat Urby weg ging. Mag altijd terug komen van mij. Fijne gozer.
(12-16-2013, 07:32 PM)nr.14 Wrote: @ACMILAN1983:
I think a lot of people find Seedorf a bit arrogant and a bit tiring, but without the charm (a bit weird/ unique) Cruijff has Smile. But it's not that bad that i don't like him.
I respect his career and his dedication to the sport very much.

Why did Sacchi never return? As coach or advisor.
Seems like not much old players (the big guys) are involved anymore, or am i wrong?
I Think Ajax sees Bayern as a role model at the moment.

Thanks for the insight in Milan. Although i react mainly about the things said about Ajax.
I find the insights in other big clubs interesting though. I think i'll read more at this forum.

One more question: are there also a typical culture differences between your biggest teams?

That's odd, as Seedorf is considered one of the most charming players around here in the UK. Don't get me wrong though, I also think he's extremely arrogant. About Cruyff's arrogance, I don't know him personally so can't comment on how he is with people, but it does appear that he's very hardheaded that his way of football is the only way that is right, which is why so many find him arrogant. Many Milan fans were very annoyed with his and his Barca side's attitude ahead of the 1994 Champions League final, where it was obvious they thought they had won before even playing the match.

As for Sacchi, he did return to Milan as coach back in 1996 or 1997, but it didn't go well. He's someone whose ideas require extreme dedication and focus from the players to work which wasn't the case back then. I remember a story, where he said before a match when he returned that he went out to dinner with Galliani (Milan's CEO) before a match at 11:30pm and he saw two of his players at the restaurant. This was before a matchday, so you can imagine those players weren't exactly in their best shape for that match.

As for Sacchi returning as a director or advisor, it's been rumoured over the years but never happened. Not just him, you're right, not many old players or figures of importance play a role in Milan now. Those that do are generally stuck in roles where they have little influence. There's been an internal war amongst the directors in recent months, where the old directors are under pressure to leave and other new younger people are coming through and apparently want to bring back people like Maldini and Albertini. Right now, the club is split right down the middle as a result. Part of the problem is the old directors haven't been on board with change over the years.

Every team has their own culture yes. Mathiask was essentially right albeit with his tongue in cheek reply.

Lazio is a team usually associated with far right wing politics.
AC Milan is the original club in Milan and viewed as the people's club. It was founded by Englishmen as a cricket and football club, though eventually focused solely on football.
Inter is traditionally a club that split from AC Milan because they wanted to introduce more foreign players.
In disagreement with mathiask, I would say Roma are a side who a traditionally associated with the working class people in Rome.
Juventus have the largest fanbase in Italy and in many ways are viewed in many ways as the definitive Italian football club, due to their success and historical influence in Italy.

There's also a big north - south divide in Italian football, making for more cultural differences. The north has generally had the most success as well as generally having the more richer clubs too.
(12-17-2013, 01:02 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Lazio is a team usually associated with far right wing politics.
AC Milan is the original club in Milan and viewed as the people's club. It was founded by Englishmen as a cricket and football club, though eventually focused solely on football.
Inter is traditionally a club that split from AC Milan because they wanted to introduce more foreign players.
In disagreement with mathiask, I would say Roma are a side who a traditionally associated with the working class people in Rome.
Juventus have the largest fanbase in Italy and in many ways are viewed in many ways as the definitive Italian football club, due to their success and historical influence in Italy.

There's also a big north - south divide in Italian football, making for more cultural differences. The north has generally had the most success as well as generally having the more richer clubs too.

All true. When you say Lazio is far-right you're basically saying Fascists. Some even still use the fascist sign.Confused

Milan and Juventus are the two biggest clubs in Italy. For some reason they call Juventus-Inter the Derby d'Italia.

Inter & AC Milan both have 18 Scudetti while Juventus have 29.

My first Soccer/Football Jersey I received as a Christmas gift in 1994 (10 years old), and it was a Juventus jersey. I went away from football until 2003 where I chose Milan because of Pirlo-Gattuso-Nesta-Inzaghi-Maldini... the core of Nazionale, and particularly Gattuso who is from 2 towns from my where my family is from, in Calabria.
My entire family is juve fans except me and one of my cousins(he's a Fio fan).. Every time they bring up their scudettos I always say I'd prefer a CL trophy for every 5 scudettos :d