Poll: Opponent you want ...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Atletico Madrid Okmilan
15.38%
2 15.38%
Bayern Munich Wallbang
0%
0 0%
Borussia Dortmund Blank
7.69%
1 7.69%
Chelsea Stuckup
0%
0 0%
Manchester United Girl-smiley-fingertap
38.46%
5 38.46%
PSG Rolleyes
0%
0 0%
Real Madrid Dodgy
0%
0 0%
I don't care anymore! Devilf
23.08%
3 23.08%
I prefer watching a photo of Barbara than Ro16 matches Heart
7.69%
1 7.69%
Somebody please ban UCL till ACM gets well again Facepalm
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ro16 opponent - Your pick!
Not a bad draw. I mean the games are in two months. Two months. Right now Atletico look intimidating and clearly the better team but let's wait and see...
Agree Sputnik, two months is a long time in football. That said, I'm not optimistic.
i think its probably the best we could have hoped for. Athletico, we will see in 2 months where they are. not sure if Rami can play in CL but i know Honda cant which is a shame. Who knows ELS may be back for that. I think if we can play a good 1st leg and win they we can go through. Time will tell.
I am not confident about playing this Atletico team at all. They may not be as big of a name as the other teams but performance-wise they havebeen right up there with Barcelona and Real Madrid this season in La Liga. They're also going to be motivated to prove that they deserve to be named amongst the top teams. Two months is a lot of time as people have already said, and it would take a drastic change of fortune for me to see us having much chance against Atletico.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Atletico Madrid will be tough, but then again all other teams in the draw would be too... It's definitely possible to beat them. Can we hope for a squad free of injuries and players on top form?
At the end of the day. Athletico is the least team you could expect to win the CL from the Group winners. So loosing this tie will not be the end of the world for them. Based on this assumption we were luck in the draw. If they could keep up with Barca until February and have realistic chances on both fronts, thats even better.

PS. Do they still ow us money for Javi Moreno sales?!! Smth like 18 mil. euros.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(12-16-2013, 12:33 PM)Sputnik Wrote: Not a bad draw. I mean the games are in two months. Two months. Right now Atletico look intimidating and clearly the better team but let's wait and see...

I agree. This is not the end of the world, and I would rather get them than Bayern or Real. Let's hope that they will sell their star players in January. Sagrin
(12-16-2013, 01:40 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: i think its probably the best we could have hoped for. Athletico, we will see in 2 months where they are. not sure if Rami can play in CL but i know Honda cant which is a shame. Who knows ELS may be back for that. I think if we can play a good 1st leg and win they we can go through. Time will tell.

Rami is eligible, I am pretty sure. Whether or Allegri will "forget" to include him would be a different matter. Icon_lol2
aka xudong
Up with Barca in la liga 43 Points from 48
CL 5 wins one draw
Best defence coneeding 9 goals in La liga
Diego Costa is scroing lots , but its not just him the team is free scoring and very fast very skilled great in defence.
Simeone really knows how to motivate players , motivated players confident players technically superior almost man to man against us Bar Kaka Balo Moty DeJong perhaps (at a stretch).
Im not confident this is a hard draw a lot harder than some think.But it was never going to be easy.

I see here and an elswhere some say its too months away a lot can happen , thats true but has anyone thought we continue on our paths we've been on thus far.They stay V.good or get better and we get worse ?
Jay, the assumption is that we stink balls, so any team would have beaten us hands down at this moment. That's why we are hopeful of changes, good changes to us, bad changes to our opponents. but even if they get better and we get worse, things won't get worse because we have nothing to lose, right?

The reason that I favored Manchester United was their coach; the reason that I don't mind Atletico Madrid is their lesser status as a powerhouse (compared to Bayern or Real) so maybe the pressure of CL will eventually get to them and play in our favor. Of course, although Atletico hasn't done brilliantly in the past seasons' CL, they were indeed the champions of EL and Super Cup, so they are in no way to be underestimated. But my point is that when you don't have options like Schalke04 or Olympiakos (no offense to those teams, as we are them now), you get what you get and hope for the best.
aka xudong
[Image: 35579243.jpg]