20.00%
2 20.00%
Other
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Our new headcoach
(05-07-2015, 02:22 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: As a man manager he's also been highly dubious. The number of reports of disgruntled players or arguments are alarming.

This one is interesting. The players are rioting under Allegri, Seedorf, and Pippo. It seems like nobody has pride or respect playing for Milan anymore.

Still, I refuse to believe that conditions will be better with any new coach. Anyone.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
http://www.football-italia.net/66161/gat...n%E2%80%99

Oh, why do I have the feeling he will be our new coach Confused
Because I just mentioned him in my latest post? Sagrin
(05-07-2015, 03:48 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: This one is interesting. The players are rioting under Allegri, Seedorf, and Pippo. It seems like nobody has pride or respect playing for Milan anymore.

Still, I refuse to believe that conditions will be better with any new coach. Anyone.

The players are part of the problem, I think that's definitely been the case for a while.

A new coach won't do anything if the existing problems in management and among the playing staff isn't addressed, but I also think on the flipside, if those areas are improved on, then the side will still underperform with Inzaghi in charge.
I think part of the problem is that we lack players with the right personality. The best players aren't the best just because of their skills on the pitch. So much of it comes down to mentality as well.
Take a player like Menez, for example. When he's having a good day, he is right up there with the best, but then in the next match he doesn't even look like the same player anymore. Players like Messi and Ronaldo are able to perform consistently at that high level, just like our own Sheva and Kaka did in the past, and I think that mainly has to do with mentality. It is what separates the best from the rest.

And having the right attitude becomes especially important when you play for a club as big as Milan, because there is so much pressure on you to perform. You have to know how to handle those expectations without getting too nervous or scared to lose. This group of players would probably have done really well at a club like Fiorentina or Lazio, because the expectations there aren't as high. At Milan, however, you might hear boos and jeers even when you're winning, because the performance isn't good enough. If you can't handle that without losing your confidence, you shouldn't be at a club this size.

Note that our most consistent performers tend to be players like Lopez and de Jong, who have big club experience from before. They know how to handle the pressure. But most of our squad lacks that kind of mentality.
Lots of rumours that we'll be hiring Unai Emery as our next coach. What do you guys think? I hardly ever watch Spanish football, so I know very little about him.
(05-08-2015, 09:45 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Lots of rumours that we'll be hiring Unai Emery as our next coach. What do you guys think? I hardly ever watch Spanish football, so I know very little about him.

Well, for me he looks like a Spanish Allegri.
(05-08-2015, 09:45 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: Lots of rumours that we'll be hiring Unai Emery as our next coach. What do you guys think? I hardly ever watch Spanish football, so I know very little about him.

I've not watched Sevilla huge amounts, so have always questioned Emery coaching Milan. Part of that is that he's always working with squads where he loses his best players and is known to adjust to keep the team competitive, rather than building something long term. That rings alarm bells to me knowing what Silvio and Galliani have been doing at Milan.

That said, I've done a little homework on the guy and must say he's actually quite exciting. I've been watching more of Sevilla, who are well organised and aggressive, and really recommend watching their performance vs Fiorentina the other day, where they were outstanding.

On Emery himself, he seems to be lauded as an extremely good tactician. That was evident in the Fiorentina match, where his side were like a coiled spring, compressing tight out of possession and stretching quickly when moving forward. Supposedly, he's obsessive about the tactical game and shape of the side, something Spanish football journalist Sid Lowe has written about when interviewing him (http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/sevilla-fc/...at-sevilla). That isn't to say he's not a good man manager, as it seems he's become known for his enthusiasm being infectious among the players.

Finally, his track record in his career until now has been really impressive. He's been coaching since 33 (he's now 43) and in the past decade has generally always been successful, barring a stint in Russia.

A few weeks back I was generally unsure about him being linked to us, particularly as I thought it was for the wrong reasons. Now, having done research and watched Sevilla when possible, I'm much more open to the idea, much like if Sarri was to join. Ideally, I still think the likes of Conte or Klopp would be the best candidates for the job, both due to their qualities, but also because they have a history in coping with this sort of pressure. Emery and Sarri I think are exciting prospects for the job, but would also come with more risks.
(05-09-2015, 10:09 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Part of that is that he's always working with squads where he loses his best players and is known to adjust to keep the team competitive, rather than building something long term. That rings alarm bells to me knowing what Silvio and Galliani have been doing at Milan.

Remember what I just said? A new coach like this can be the reason for fans to be permissive against the (mis)management.
Preaching to the choir Big Grin

Like I said, I agree that management is the priority to sort out.