Poll: What the best move for Milan in the 2 mercatos?
This poll is closed.
Zlatan
41.03%
16 41.03%
Prince
15.38%
6 15.38%
Van Bommel
10.26%
4 10.26%
Cassano
5.13%
2 5.13%
Benitez to Inter Milan
28.21%
11 28.21%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Transfer of The Season
(05-10-2011, 08:11 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote: The key to those 1-0 wins wasn't zlatan. It was our defense which is allegri. We won 3-0 without zlatan multiple times. The only reason we couldn't score more was cause zlatan and Robinho came in after pre-season training. And Zlatan is very 'me centric'

notice we had our biggest win with borriello and ronaldinho.

if it is due only to defense it should be scoreless. but no. ibra made goal or gave assist. defense was strong but useless if there was no goal. in the first half of the season, allegri still didn't have idea to make the team play like he wanted but ibra changed the game, from clueless game on scoring to a winning game. i doubt milan could win that much in the first half of the season without ibra.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(05-10-2011, 08:38 PM)Siregar Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 08:11 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote: The key to those 1-0 wins wasn't zlatan. It was our defense which is allegri. We won 3-0 without zlatan multiple times. The only reason we couldn't score more was cause zlatan and Robinho came in after pre-season training. And Zlatan is very 'me centric'

notice we had our biggest win with borriello and ronaldinho.

if it is due only to defense it should be scoreless. but no. ibra made goal or gave assist. defense was strong but useless if there was no goal. in the first half of the season, allegri still didn't have idea to make the team play like he wanted but ibra changed the game, from clueless game on scoring to a winning game. i doubt milan could win that much in the first half of the season without ibra.

allegri had EVERY idea how he wanted the team to play. We won 4-0 in first game playing HIS way with movement from midfield (remember clarence missed like 3 open nets?) and off ball movement.

Then he had to adjust in season w/ no training time to ibra, who is while world class, a dominating player who forces change in ur tactic.

it's not surprising when ibra got suspended we were more free flowing

don't act like allegri is some guy off the street like leonardo with no tactical prowless. He's shown MANY different looks, even if formation has been mostly the same. Pressing, staying back, over the otop, 1 touch, wide or direct etc.
(05-10-2011, 08:48 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 08:38 PM)Siregar Wrote: if it is due only to defense it should be scoreless. but no. ibra made goal or gave assist. defense was strong but useless if there was no goal. in the first half of the season, allegri still didn't have idea to make the team play like he wanted but ibra changed the game, from clueless game on scoring to a winning game. i doubt milan could win that much in the first half of the season without ibra.

allegri had EVERY idea how he wanted the team to play. We won 4-0 in first game playing HIS way with movement from midfield (remember clarence missed like 3 open nets?) and off ball movement.

Then he had to adjust in season w/ no training time to ibra, who is while world class, a dominating player who forces change in ur tactic.

it's not surprising when ibra got suspended we were more free flowing

don't act like allegri is some guy off the street like leonardo with no tactical prowless. He's shown MANY different looks, even if formation has been mostly the same. Pressing, staying back, over the otop, 1 touch, wide or direct etc.

you can praise allegri as you want but we should see facts as our source. milan struggled to score/win in many games in the first half of the season. as i said, he had no idea to TO MAKE the team play like he wanted, NOT THAT HE HAD NO IDEA AT ALL. if he had no idea, he won't be in milan. i won't say leonardo has no tactical prowless since both allegri and leonardo found problems in their first season with milan. don't forget allegri got a better team than leonardo. i don't want to make prediction for leonardo but the fact was leo didn't have team like allegri. saying leonardo has no tactical prowless means also saying allegri has only a bit prowless than leonardo.

allegri is a good coach and creadit should also given to him for scudetto but he is not yet a great coach or at least a coach you described.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Ibrahimovic was the transfer of the season allegri has been good
dont put allegri and leonardo in the same sentence because imo leonardo when he was at milan was probably one of the worst coaches in seria a Smile
papa was the worst transfer, by far.
(05-10-2011, 09:57 PM)Siregar Wrote: but he is not yet a great coach or at least a coach you described.

Well, i guess, that remains to be seen.
It's not like he has only just a couple of coaching years ahead of him.
Fact is, first season in San Siro: he won the title with a team full of senators, inexperienced new arrivals, world class prima donnas and nutcases. And with all that injuries. And at the end he even made it look easier than it was. Plus he won the Milan derby twice.

I admit the other teams were sometimes just ridiculous and Allegri is not perfect but he won the scudetto after all.

(05-10-2011, 10:15 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Ibrahimovic was the transfer of the season allegri has been good
dont put allegri and leonardo in the same sentence because imo leonardo when he was at milan was probably one of the worst coaches in seria a Smile
papa was the worst transfer, by far.

I hate Leonardo the betrayer but facts can't be erased. Prove him that he WAS one of the worst coach in serie a.
(05-10-2011, 09:57 PM)Siregar Wrote: you can praise allegri as you want but we should see facts as our source. milan struggled to score/win in many games in the first half of the season. as i said, he had no idea to TO MAKE the team play like he wanted, NOT THAT HE HAD NO IDEA AT ALL. if he had no idea, he won't be in milan. i won't say leonardo has no tactical prowless since both allegri and leonardo found problems in their first season with milan. don't forget allegri got a better team than leonardo. i don't want to make prediction for leonardo but the fact was leo didn't have team like allegri. saying leonardo has no tactical prowless means also saying allegri has only a bit prowless than leonardo.

allegri is a good coach and creadit should also given to him for scudetto but he is not yet a great coach or at least a coach you described.

that's simply not the case. Milan won 4-0 before ibra and robinho arrived. He had them all pre-season and instilled his ideas.

Then he was given two gifts and an international break where neither were there? He had almost no training to integrate them. Thats why our attack looked sooo disjoinyed when ibra came.

Do you not remember this game:

The movement ,the tactics all worked on, all his ideas, all worked. Then he was given new players. Better or not, football takes him and continuity. They played better w/o ibra and robinho because those 3 attackerS (ronaldinho, boreillo, pato) had chemistry. It takes time...

So no, Allegri has no fault for early season offensive struggles.

Allegri encountered a billin problems and overcame them all to win league. I love Carlo but he couldn't do it.
(05-10-2011, 10:20 PM)Sputnik Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 09:57 PM)Siregar Wrote: but he is not yet a great coach or at least a coach you described.

Well, i guess, that remains to be seen.
It's not like he has only just a couple of coaching years ahead of him.
Fact is, first season in San Siro: he won the title with a team full of senators, inexperienced new arrivals, world class prima donnas and nutcases. And with all that injuries. And at the end he even made it look easier than it was. Plus he won the Milan derby twice.

I admit the other teams were sometimes just ridiculous and Allegri is not perfect but he won the scudetto after all.

Yes, it remains to be seen.
I mean it should be said, yeah he got ibrahimovic, robinho and boateng. But how many old players we wanted out did he reform and improve? Gattuso and Seedorf at top of the list for me.

Of course he's not great yet, but he did an impressive job, considering we regularly started 5-6 players well over 30, had no pure AM, had injuries galore etc.
(05-10-2011, 10:23 PM)Ca Rossonero Wrote:
(05-10-2011, 09:57 PM)Siregar Wrote: you can praise allegri as you want but we should see facts as our source. milan struggled to score/win in many games in the first half of the season. as i said, he had no idea to TO MAKE the team play like he wanted, NOT THAT HE HAD NO IDEA AT ALL. if he had no idea, he won't be in milan. i won't say leonardo has no tactical prowless since both allegri and leonardo found problems in their first season with milan. don't forget allegri got a better team than leonardo. i don't want to make prediction for leonardo but the fact was leo didn't have team like allegri. saying leonardo has no tactical prowless means also saying allegri has only a bit prowless than leonardo.

that's simply not the case. Milan won 4-0 before ibra and robinho arrived. He had them all pre-season and instilled his ideas.

Then he was given two gifts and an international break where neither were there? He had almost no training to integrate them. Thats why our attack looked sooo disjoinyed when ibra came.

Do you not remember this game:

The movement ,the tactics all worked on, all his ideas, all worked. Then he was given new players. Better or not, football takes him and continuity. They played better w/o ibra and robinho because those 3 attackerS (ronaldinho, boreillo, pato) had chemistry. It takes time...

So no, Allegri has no fault for early season offensive struggles.

Allegri encountered a billin problems and overcame them all to win league. I love Carlo but he couldn't do it.

I agree with you. I didn't blame him to struggle to win, needs time, etc. He was new with the team, we can't expect something perfect in just few months. What I like to stress is that in this time (first half of the season) Ibra played significant role for Milan. He gave the scudetto mentality to Milan side, directly (with decisive assist and goal) or indirectly. And I value the first half of the season as the most important part for the team, to build the team strong not only from the game aspect but also mentally.

Personally I am a fan of Allegri. Many aspects from him that I like a lot. But probably because I like him, I can't stand when he makes mistakes or looked like a noob coach in certain games or a coach who needs much to learn. Big Grin