Winter Mercato 2014
not that I believe it, but it seems that there is a new rumor that we are planning to sell Balotelli and buy Dzeko.

my comment: Huh
aka xudong
Secolo said that Berlusconi said that Balotelli is officially on the market. The official Milan website then released a message saying Berlusconi said no such thing, and that he is absolutely not for sale.

Don't fall in too deep with these rumors, if Balotelli had to leave there's no way he will in January unless our management is completely retarted to a level below a 1st grader.

http://m.milannews.it/primo-piano/ac-mil...ato-132210

In other news, Seedorf recommended us a player that we are in hot pursuit of, his name is Ederson Silva, he scored 15 goals in 33 appearances and is a 1989 player, so he's about 23-25 years old (too lazy to do the exact math). Not bad numbers, if he can dribble and run like a Brazilian I'm sure he's already a much better option than Matri. Also, Seedorf wants to reportedly bring in Doria as well, that's no surprised because these rumors have been around for a while. He's a 1994, so he's about 19-20 years old, there are some very good young Brazilian defensive prospects.. Marquinho,Juan jesus,Rafael Toloi, now Doria.. I would take both Toloi and Doria in a heart beat, I don't know much about Doria but I've seen Toloi play a few times and he's definitely someone to keep an eye out for.

Nocerinos agent says that his priority is to stay at Milan, but they need to better understand the situation. I know that it's in our managements intentions to offload utterly useless players like him, but it's obvious that he either enjoys his salary at Milan, or he wants to try and prove that he can be a big team player, but the problem is he doesn't have anywhere near the correct skills to be so. I hope he doesn't give a hard time to Milan in letting him go, but I have a gut feeling that all of our deadwood players aren't going to want to leave so easily, not to mention it won't be easy to find buyers, let alone even someone to take over some of their wages (even if we let them off for free).
A video of Ederson Silva mentioned by WCMilan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg9tsGC6-d8

A video of Fares Bahlouli, who according to Milannews both us and Juve are after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEPOTj8eHmM

(12-28-2013, 05:30 PM)honsano Wrote: Interesting that Balo stories are coming up. Mino is talking his head off: http://www.thenational.ae/sport/mario-ba...llis-agent?

If he were sold, Niang gone, talking about loaning/selling Cristante and Saponara and the constant rumors around ELS....WTF are milan doing?

Unfortunately since we have sold our good players in recent years there are always going to be rumors of doing that until we consistently put our foot down and do not sell them. Until then our past haunts our future with all these true or false stories.

Is that source reliable? I've not read these comments from Mino from any other source, which is odd as if he said this it's pretty massive news.
(12-29-2013, 05:06 AM)xudong Wrote: not that I believe it, but it seems that there is a new rumor that we are planning to sell Balotelli and buy Dzeko.

my comment Okmilan
Dzeko has Aguero Navas Nasri Silva Toure Fernandinho and some Kolorov Zabaletta crosses creating for him.He will not flourish at Milan.He isnt a big clunky awkward player , but with the level of our crosses and actual creating ability it would be a bad move.And his fee plus his 8.5 million wage AFTER tax it would not be a bright move.Honestly he's good but not what we'd need , now if we suddenly had the same quality player as Silva Nasri Toure Aguero Negredo for him to play with I wouldnt mind , he's also 5 years older than Balo.
I know Bosnians would love it but it is neither smart or financially viable for our current Milan.
Agree Jay Crisp on Dzeko.

I was bored so decided to look through our transfer history since the 10/11 season to get an idea of what our transfers in recent years have been like. This is what I found (ignoring most players coming back from loan etc):

10/11
- Alberto Paloschi - Not sure I know this one, but according to transfermarkt he didn't just return from loan. If we paid anything to get him back, then a poor transfer (although it's probably co-ownership).
-Wilfred Osuji - Not sure I know this one, but according to transfermarkt he didn't just return from loan. If we paid anything to get him back, then a poor transfer (although it's probably co-ownership).
-Nicola Legrottaglie - Poor
-Dídac Vilà - Terrible
-Mark van Bommel - Average (would have been good had we decided not to keep him on for another year where his form dropped a lot)
-Urby Emanuelson - Average
-Antonio Cassano - Average (mostly as he did pretty well in his first half season)
-Robinho - Terrible (1 good season, 3 terrible)
-Zlatan Ibrahimovic - Mixed. He did what he was bought for, but the cost of him clearly impacted development of other areas.
-Bruno Montelongo - Poor
-Kevin-Prince Boateng - Average, almost good
-Sokratis - Poor
-Attila Filkor - Poor
-Cristian Daminuta - Poor
-Mario Yepes - Average
-Marco Amelia - Poor (he gets paid almost as much as Abbiati to be our third choice)

11/12
-Luca Ghiringhelli - Poor
-Sulley Muntari - Average
-Kingsley Umunegbu - I believe another co-ownership situation
-Maxi López - Poor
-Djamel Mesbah - Terrible
-Antonio Nocerino - Average (1 good season, 2 mediocre)
-Alberto Aquilani - Average
-Stephan El Shaarawy - Average. We paid a lot for him (it ended up costing around 20m), so there are high expectations.
-Gianmarco Zigoni - I believe another co-ownership situation
-Philippe Mexès - Poor. He came free, but his wages are for top class defenders.
-Taye Taiwo - Terrible
-Mattia Valoti - Poor
-Mitja Novinic - Poor

12/13
-Mario Balotelli - Average. We paid a lot for him, so it's only expected he does what he has so far
-Bartosz Salamon - Poor
-Cristian Zaccardo - Terrible
-Umberto Previti - Poor
-Nigel de Jong - Average to maybe good
-Bojan Krkic - Poor
-M'Baye Niang - Somewhat good
-Giampaolo Pazzini - Terrible. Might seem harsh, but we paid 7m and Cassano for him, which means his total cost probably wasn't far off 20m.
-Cristian Zapata - Average
-Francesco Acerbi - Terrible
-Gabriel - Potentially good, currently average
-Bakaye Traoré - Terrible
-Edoardo Pazzagli - Poor
-Riccardo Montolivo - Good
-Kévin Constant - I thought he was good last season, so I would say average as he's been poor this year. However, according to transfermarkt we paid around 10m for him? If so, that's poor.
-Matteo Chinellato - Poor.

13/14
-Adil Rami - Unknown, but I'm not optimistic
-Keisuke Honda - Unknown
-Kaká - Average. Some might say it was a good transfer, but the guy's getting paid 4m per year, so I'd expect him to be a leader in the squad and show some quality.
-Valter Birsa - Poor
-Alessandro Matri - Terrible
-Ferdinando Coppola - Average
-Matías Silvestre - Poor
-Andrea Poli - Average
-Riccardo Saponara - Poor so far as he doesn't play, but what he showed vs Inter and in friendlies suggests this could turn out to be a good transfer
-Jherson Vergara - Poor

It's pretty depressing that in 4 years I'm struggling to find good transfers. The so called success stories (Ibra, El Shaarawy, Balo, Kaka) haven't exactly come cheap and so it's not like expectations of them weren't high. Montolivo's been a decent signing, but that's because he came for free and performed better than he ever had before when he joined.
(12-29-2013, 01:35 PM)Stitch Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 05:06 AM)xudong Wrote: not that I believe it, but it seems that there is a new rumor that we are planning to sell Balotelli and buy Dzeko.

my comment Okmilan

but we don't have non-EU for Dzeko. we already used the second one on Honda, hence Huh
and Dev, were they your own rating? they look very pessimistic. Icon_lol2
aka xudong
Devilol Dev you're very negative ..... I thought that's my job.

Van Bommel turned out to be very good, along with Ibrahimovic. They won us scudetto. Van Bommel was older, and we knew what we were getting with him. I was a huge fan of his, and the guy cried after just 1.5 seasons with us.

Ibra, he's a tough one. Frustrating to see us all standing around watching him play by himself practically, but the reality is he wins. Messi, Ronaldo, all great players.. the teams play for that player, and his style more than anyone.

Everyone else I think you're very accurate. Although I liked Mexes paired with T.Silva or Nesta, he always did well with them, and Pazzini was also pretty good, esp as ab backup. Cassano was nuts and went nuts on Inter so it was good to get rid of him in hind sight.

The problem is all of the poor and terrible transfers. Galliani was throwing shit against the wall hoping something would stick. Nothing did.
(12-29-2013, 05:54 PM)xudong Wrote:
(12-29-2013, 01:35 PM)Stitch Wrote: my comment Okmilan

but we don't have non-EU for Dzeko. we already used the second one on Honda, hence Huh
and Dev, were they your own rating? they look very pessimistic. Icon_lol2

Not if i MARRY HIM DevilolDevilol
No possibility that Bosnia can join EU before January 31st?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!