Winter Mercato 2014
(01-31-2014, 03:33 PM)xudong Wrote: Karagounis? the old guy who played for Inter before? Facepalm

its a joke...

point is.. I don't put it out of the realm of possibility that galliani is ruining the club on purpose because he's leaving in june. It's definitely not out of the realm. It's really amazing how disgusting he's been...
(01-31-2014, 03:20 PM)xudong Wrote: Good for Saponara. I don't understand why Milan management refuses to give him a chance. With the "purchases" of Rami, Taarabt and Essien, I don't think we will see Saponara in the CL list (considering that only 3 changes can be made to the list).

I did hear some rumor that Seedorf told Galliani not to send away Saponara yet. I hope that's true, but these days we all know the quality of "news".

Saponara wont be in the UCL squad.And honestly duse is just a bog average player.Theres a reason why when even fit he isnt playing..3 changes in UCL squad will be Rami Essien Taarabt
Rejects, flops, freebies -- I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read about those players Galliani is interested in. If he had his own way, we would only play two UCL games and cancel the rest of the season.
free loan with option to buy ™
Did we make a last hour bid for Nani ?
Anybody care to fill in details (options to buy, amounts for option, etc.)? thanks

Rami ... loan Valencia
Honda ... free CSKA
Essien ... free Chelsea
Taarabt ... loan QPR

Niang ... loan Montpellier
Matri ... loan Fiorentina
Vergara ... loan Parma
Nocerino ... loan West Ham

(01-31-2014, 06:01 PM)k7r Wrote: Did we make a last hour bid for Nani ?

does't matter. if we did make a last hour bid for Nani, we would have received a last hour rejection. that will be all.

(02-01-2014, 01:20 AM)reza Wrote: Anybody care to fill in details (options to buy, amounts for option, etc.)? thanks

Rami ... loan Valencia
Honda ... free CSKA
Essien ... free Chelsea
Taarabt ... loan QPR

Niang ... loan Montpellier
Matri ... loan Fiorentina
Vergara ... loan Parma
Nocerino ... loan West Ham

to sum up, couldn't sell, couldn't buy. Facepalm
aka xudong
Any one of you guys know how much did Inter paid for Hernanes?
(01-31-2014, 04:26 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Saponara wont be in the UCL squad.And honestly duse is just a bog average player.Theres a reason why when even fit he isnt playing..3 changes in UCL squad will be Rami Essien Taarabt

yes, after seeing how well cristante did in his brief appearances I totally understand why he was sitting on the bench all season...
(01-31-2014, 04:12 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(01-31-2014, 03:33 PM)xudong Wrote: Karagounis? the old guy who played for Inter before? Facepalm

its a joke...

point is.. I don't put it out of the realm of possibility that galliani is ruining the club on purpose because he's leaving in june. It's definitely not out of the realm. It's really amazing how disgusting he's been...

it's not necessarily quite this bad, but I do think there's a certain lack of care being shown. Also, why should he be interested in the future. Essien would deliver his best performance now, whereas someone that costs a lot and is 20 will not deliver fully for a couple of years. Galliani is showing limited interest for sure, I just don't really feel he knows what we need and couldn't be bothered looking that hard even if he did.

I said ages ago and people said I was stupid but we should look at Man U. Ferguson didn't plan properly for his departure, it wasn't as bad as this but it also wasn't like he would have done had he been staying. He blew 25m on 29 year old RVP and has kept Vidic and Ferdinand at the centre well past their best, they're really feeling that now and need to improve a lot of areas.

unfortunately, unlike us, man u have real money and can afford to splash out to revamp their squad, if we get someone new in summer it doesn't look like they'll have much to work with.
Phil Jones, Smalling was bought in yrs before Fergie retired.
VP was the best available striker that summer beside Ibra.
The thing is ManU is exactly the same team barring the addition of Fellani when Fergie left.

Where as Milan, Galliani is essentially screwing Milan up for at least 3-4 more yrs with all the bad contracts.
I've looked at the scores Sportsmediaset and Gazzetta have given our market and they give 7. Mostly saying we reinforced without spending.

Personally, I'd say our market is more like a 4. We got Honda for free, a decent deal imo but one which we should have bitten the bullet and got him back in the summer. Rami imo isn't particularly better than what we have. Essien is a crocked midfielder over a number of years and offers literally no guarantees despite he was a great player with great success in the past. Finally, Taarabt, well, let's just say I've said plenty already on what I think of this transfer.

Now...I've also come across some other interesting news too, both related to Barbara. The first is related to our market:

http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...any-135345

According to this report, Barbara prevented the Biabiany transfer taking place, not convinced by it despite Seedorf wanting the player. Now, we know Leonardi (Parma director) says we wanted a free loan which they rejected, only willing to sell. That means Barbara was unprepared to spend on a player she wasn't convinced of, which may be quite telling as to how much control she's taking.

Here's what I hope and believe may be the case. Biabiany on a free loan would have been accepted, it's low cost and low risk. However, as soon as the deal meant having to buy him outright, those aside from Galliani weren't willing to make such a high risk commitment.

If that's the case, then why accept Essien, Rami and Taraabt (I assume Honda was accepted by all for his technical qualities and marketing value)? In Essien's case, I believe Galliani will have made arrangements prior to Barbara gaining any control at the club. This is firstly because Galliani said the deal was in the works for the past 3 months, but also because there's no way the clubs would just agree a free transfer within a couple of weeks.

As for Rami, again he was agreed and training with us before she got control. That said, both this and the Taarabt transfer are free loans where the risk is pretty low. If Galliani's no longer in control in the summer, then I bet these guys won't be kept on. Even if Galliani's in control I wouldn't be surprised if these transfers are prevented from going through.

This is pure speculation on my part, but looking to read between the lines, this is the only reasoning which makes logical sense to me as to why Biabiany would be rejected yet we got these other players. That said, I've misjudged how stupid our management can be plenty of times in recent times, so I'm aware I'm probably more likely wrong than right.

Anyway, the other news is this:

http://www.milannews.it/altre-notizie/nu...nni-135267

Basically, from what I understand (please correct me if wrong), Barbara's looking at another potential location for the stadium. We already know about the region in Lombardy, where the Milan fan Maroni's in charge, but this place is a former steel works factory owned by Davide Bizzi and the location will be strategically beneficial as the subway is due to be extended to run through to the location. Previously, in 2005, Inter was interested in building a new stadium here, but nothing came of it.

Essentially, it looks like we're opening our options as to where to build the new stadium and based on this, we are almost certainly looking to build a new stadium in the next couple of years.

(02-01-2014, 09:35 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Any one of you guys know how much did Inter paid for Hernanes?

From what I've read it was in the region of 20m.