Winter Mercato 2014
It is easier said than done. I don't blame Seedorf for resorting to "comfortable", risk-averting options, but if he is smart enough, he will learn quickly. It is OK for him to use Bonera for now as he knows him personally from working together many years, but once he keeps paying price, he will make changes that will be good for the team and for himself.
aka xudong
Boban, why do you say that Seedorf has not been an improvement over Allegri?
We can't say if he'll do better the Max in the long term but the start has been great. The team is playing an entertaining brand of football and has collected 7 points out of possible 9. It hasn't been perfect but surely it's been an improvement. I may not agree with some of the personnel that is used too, but that's a matter of personal opinion of someone that doesn't see the players in training. I want to see Cristante too, but I surely am not going to complain after 7 points out of 9. I also like watching Milan now much more then under Max. I know that we will create many opportunities and play exciting attacking football. The end product is not perfect but it's a work in progress and surely it's been an improvement over Max's zombie looking team. There is now urgency from the players. There is hunger that just wasn't there.
I know we are not compact at times and allow a lot of counters, but this is what you get with this type of football. We are also not fit enough for Seedorf's ideas which is not his fault....and that will be fixed with time. I am very hopeful and enthusiastic for the fiture. I think we need to give this time before we judge it.
Just a simple question, what is the difference between Seedorf and Allegri?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(02-03-2014, 06:46 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Just a simple question, what is the difference between Seedorf and Allegri?

1) a lot better looking football
2) no more stupid subs
3) more technical knowledge (not hard)
4) a clear plan of what he wants to reach
I can go on. Zbobo, i do not understand your negativism. We've already come from so far.
I honestly don't know if there is much tactical/technical difference between Allegri and Seedorf, but it is easy to see that we play much better now, at least, we have attacked much more. Also, fans now can start dreaming about victory, thanks to the courage that Seedorf instills in the players and the pride Seedorf brings back to the team. Allegri was a coward and his style is depressing to watch.
aka xudong
(02-03-2014, 06:46 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Just a simple question, what is the difference between Seedorf and Allegri?

More confident, though we are under no pressure.
Better defense, though Bonera is abused Big Grin
Clearer attack pattern, especially on the flanks. Wing backs help a lot. The problem is our left wingers are weak, Binho is uneffective, Kaka's movement is good when he got there but also toothless. Hope that Taabart can do something.
If Rami is really as good as they say, then we can have something to hope for. Wink

Maybe it is time to test the French combo.
aka xudong
(02-03-2014, 09:37 AM)xudong Wrote: If Rami is really as good as they say, then we can have something to hope for. Wink

Yeah, it's been a long time since the last horror show ... Undecided
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !

Seedorf plays a high pressing game with a high line while Allegri likes his team to drop deep (very deep) when opponents have the ball. Seedorf generally favours possession play, which Allegri also had but unlike Allegri where we'd often take time passing the ball in deep areas, Seedorf doesn't have his deep midfield and CBs holding the ball for more than a couple of touches, instead favouring his attacking players playing on the ball. Speaking of which, we tend to be quicker moving the ball now, while under Allegri players were often stopping to take time seeing their options before passing.

The positioning of the central midfielders is very different too. De Jong in Allegri's system was alone in front of defence and often became a third CB, both when defending deep and when preparing to stop counter attacks. Seedorf, instead has the midfield two start closer to the midfield line of 3, usually only dropping back to collect the ball when starting moves. In Seedorf's system, we're (kind of) defending with 4 in midfield, as the two wide players drop back as opponents attack, though we've not yet found a balance. Under Allegri, we never did this, always playing a midfield 3 with sometimes the wide men dropping back to make a midfield 5.

In addition to this, Seedorf likes to play with a playmaker (or 3), which we never had under Allegri (closest was Ibra) and offensively has his team take more attempts at goal (I posted some stats in the Cagliari match thread recently). Finally, while under Allegri Balotelli rarely stayed up front, his role is more focused under Seedorf. Not to say I think we've seen hugely significant improvement in his movement, but certainly he's acting much more as a CF.

(02-03-2014, 11:07 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Yeah, it's been a long time since the last horror show ... Undecided

Udinese Dodgy
(02-03-2014, 11:07 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:37 AM)xudong Wrote: If Rami is really as good as they say, then we can have something to hope for. Wink

Yeah, it's been a long time since the last horror show ... Undecided

Mexes is so much better than Bonera, it's not even funny.