Week 20: Milan - Verona (January 19, 2014 - 20:45 CET)
That was great news to hear about Pazzini. Initially the report seems to suggest that he would be out for about one month (or even longer, knowing our medical staff Facepalm). I hope that he can continue making his contribution to this team. I don't think he is getting respect that he deserves, but I like him a lot. Heart
aka xudong
[Image: BeQ91rpCUAAN-hZ.jpg]
aka xudong
Milan squad for Verona: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel, Bonera, De Sciglio, Mexes, Rami, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Honda, Kaka, Montolivo, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, Petagna, Robinho

Seedorf's first squad noted above. Wonder he'll make any significant changes..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Verona without Jorginho (officially transferred to Napoli) and Toni (flu virus). Anything else than 3 points is unacceptable.
(01-18-2014, 06:46 PM)xudong Wrote: [Image: BeQ91rpCUAAN-hZ.jpg]

Let's see if Seedorf does this.. I like it,, esp against a team like Verona.

Look at that CB pairing though... I've never seen so much class in my life Okmilan .. makes Nesta/TS look bad .Devilol
The offense department looks delicious on paper; of course, we need to wait patiently to see if it works well.

Our CB is indeed just so pathetic. When I knew for sure that Nesta was to retire, I was dreaming of Dede to partner Silva. Had that happened, we would be in a good position to confidently challenge UCL semifinal. Now of course, every week we are trying to pick two least crappy ones out of a bunch of headless bufoons.
aka xudong
The team sheet looks ok, but I've got to question whether it will be balanced. The line of 3 HAS to track back and help protect the midfield and fullbacks. If they don't do this, Verona will slaughter us on the counter.
(01-19-2014, 10:30 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: The team sheet looks ok, but I've got to question whether it will be balanced. The line of 3 HAS to track back and help protect the midfield and fullbacks. If they don't do this, Verona will slaughter us on the counter.

my thoughts the same. In this setup I would play De sciglio on the left and bonera on the right. We are over exposed on the left with Emanuelson and Kaka.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
I hoped that Kaka would play more centrally so his vision and scoring capabilities could be used to a full potential.
Though this is just a diagram and it's still up to see how this will translate to the field, it seems like typical Allegri's formation of the last year and a half, only with an attacking midfielder instead of a center midfielder. And it didn't work for Allegri and it will not work for Seedorf, because Kaka is not effective on the side and will two supporting strikers on sides, Balotelli is isolated in the box, and he's not a penalty-box striker to begin with.

I think Balotelli needs a partner who would play close to him, with two players supporting from attacking midfield positions. And I believe that will happen exactly, because that is the only way Balotelli and Pazzini could alter in center forward position.

Also, I don't think it will be this open, this 4-2-3-1 will probably act more like 4-3-1-2 when defending. Seedorf is probably looking for Honda to be "Seedorf" of this new Milan, so Honda will have to work really hard in defensive phase with De Jong and Monotolivo. Also, Kaka or whoever plays the "other" attacking midfielder position will also have to work in the defensive phase.
It is an illusion that you can have two "stars" tracking back to defend from striker positions, that will never happen in Italy.
I agree that it is an illusion to believe you can have two stars tracking back from strikers positions but I beleve it has more to do with the coach than anything else. Mourinho, for example, could get his players to do anything he wants (recall Eto playing from the LB position sometimes). Obviously, Clarence doesn't have that kind of pull just yet.

Meanwhile Berlu has come out and said something along the lines of "this new era needs to have a good start". While I do agree, I hope this added pressure doesn't affect the players/coach in a negative way.
Siamo a posto cosi.