Summer Mercato
(02-05-2014, 10:53 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(02-04-2014, 07:00 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: What do you guys think about Balo...will he stay or go?

I have a feeling he will be sold this summer or the next...

I wouldn't be surprised if he is sold. He came because of Galliani, not Berlusconi and it's pretty evident Berlusconi isn't all that enamoured with him (rotten apple comment).

If Galliani continues this summer and in the future, I think he'll stay, otherwise he could be sold. That said, a lot depends on Seedorf, who appears to get on well with him, but how much patience he has for him is another matter.

(02-04-2014, 07:27 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Interesting.

What do you feel about SES and DES?

SES would already be gone had Galliani had his way imo. SES said no to a sale and unlike the Constant/Zaccardo situations, he was offered something like 4 times more than what he currently earns.

DES I think is currently unsellable, but like I said in the player thread, I wouldn't be surprised if he's sold if offered a big amount. We'll know soon enough imo, as big clubs like Barca and Bayern are surely looking at him to replace ageing players like Lahm and Dani Alves.

(02-04-2014, 07:56 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I think one big player will be sacrificed if we don't make the CL (likely). Or then again maybe not--after all they did say that this team doesn't need Cl to survive (if I remember correctly BB said something like that).

I think since the loss will show up in next year's budget, a big sale is likely then and I think it may be Balo.

I am optimistic about DES staying for a while...

There's one other aspect which we need to bear in mind, which is that apparently it's agreed with all players that if they fail to make CL then they will all take a 30% pay cut (I read this a few times on milannews).

How depressing is all of this? We can't count on any continuity...if we sell players who start to perform we will officially cease to be a big club--in all aspects. Again, what is more disturbing than the potential sale of Balo is what it means. It means Milan cannot hold onto their stars like the big clubs, which in turn means we will never win anything without continuity. If we sell DES, we may as well stop supporting the club financially by buying merchandise, subscriptions etc. What's the use?

Very very very dark days. After Juve's purgatorial time in Serie B, and mid-table mediocrity, they and maybe Napoli are currently the envy of Italy with serious owners who care about their club.

If three Azzurri players like DES, SES, and Balo are on the market, then we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Pep is using Lahm mostly as a DM but of course any rich team including Bayern may bid for someone like DES . I still doubt he will be gone any time soon and actually I feel he is not as highly rated as most of us or those in Italy rate him....yet.
The only thing that I think DES lacks at the moment is explosiveness and power. But he is still only 21, so I think that will come.
(02-05-2014, 03:58 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: How depressing is all of this? We can't count on any continuity...if we sell players who start to perform we will officially cease to be a big club--in all aspects. Again, what is more disturbing than the potential sale of Balo is what it means. It means Milan cannot hold onto their stars like the big clubs, which in turn means we will never win anything without continuity. If we sell DES, we may as well stop supporting the club financially by buying merchandise, subscriptions etc. What's the use?

Very very very dark days. After Juve's purgatorial time in Serie B, and mid-table mediocrity, they and maybe Napoli are currently the envy of Italy with serious owners who care about their club.

If three Azzurri players like DES, SES, and Balo are on the market, then we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I know it's depressing, but let's think of it this way, we'll learn a lot in the summer as to what this club plans. If we don't attempt to curb press about rumours of selling these guys (never mind actually selling them), then clearly we're in deep trouble.

I'm not that fussed if Balo's sold if I'm honest and unlike Thiago Silva or Kaka, I see it removing a problem child in the club more than inability to keep a star.

(02-05-2014, 04:08 PM)reza Wrote: Pep is using Lahm mostly as a DM but of course any rich team including Bayern may bid for someone like DES . I still doubt he will be gone any time soon and actually I feel he is not as highly rated as most of us or those in Italy rate him....yet.

Yeah, Bayern is just an example, but I bet Man City, PSG, Real etc will all be interested.

About Italy maybe overrating/hyping him compared to other places, I don't think that's the case. He's definitely making a name for himself and fast here in England, with many starting to take notice in the press. His performances for Italy have also garnered attention and with a World cup this year, I think we could see him explode in the global market.
(02-05-2014, 05:37 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I know it's depressing, but let's think of it this way, we'll learn a lot in the summer as to what this club plans.

I hate to brought up this again, but haven't we learned anything in past summers?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Milan should have replaced the Senator's.. not AFTER they left, but a fluid transition.. singing and integrating players like Montolivo, Verratti, El Shaaraway, Cristante, Pacifico, Petagna, Nainggolan, etc.

Those investments were never made, and integration and slow transition never occurred. Everyone left, including Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva, and suddenly no one was left. It was a whole new team, with Allegri as Manager.

The Free-Signings made by Galliani were (as Louis C.K. says) a blind dick in space thrusting in all directions hoping to land something.

Galliani shown to be a pathetic loser...ruining his previously grand legacy by making a mockery of the club since circa 2008.

Not only do I not buy the current maneuver's, I have grown very uninterested in the club, and the sport. I will follow the games when I can as it's fun.. but no longer will research and read about these clowns.

The truth is that with all going on in the world.. the mass manipulation of it all, football is a mere distraction in which Galliani and Berlusconi have perfected with their dog and pony show distractions,, living lavish lifestyles on our dime. No more will I care what they do with the club, and no longer will it distract me mentally and more importantly financially.

In other words.. to all worried about the club.. do not worry..there are many more important things in life than these losers and their billions they don't spend.
(02-05-2014, 06:12 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Milan should have replaced the Senator's.. not AFTER they left, but a fluid transition.. singing and integrating players like Montolivo, Verratti, El Shaaraway, Cristante, Pacifico, Petagna, Nainggolan, etc.

Of course.

~66% of Milan fans kept saying that, read the old forum and other places. The 34% and Galliani kept talking about 'champions' and allowing short and long term extensions.
This is the same reason I don't regret Pirlo leaving, even if he (they) have good seasons elsewhere after leaving it doesn't mean we should have kept them. Pirlo may not be the best example but it is a good illustration.
(02-05-2014, 06:12 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Not only do I not buy the current maneuver's, I have grown very uninterested in the club, and the sport. I will follow the games when I can as it's fun.. but no longer will research and read about these clowns.

The truth is that with all going on in the world.. the mass manipulation of it all, football is a mere distraction in which Galliani and Berlusconi have perfected with their dog and pony show distractions,, living lavish lifestyles on our dime. No more will I care what they do with the club, and no longer will it distract me mentally and more importantly financially.

In other words.. to all worried about the club.. do not worry..there are many more important things in life than these losers and their billions they don't spend.

I agree with this, and I want to do this as well. But it's very difficult. I have been an Italian football fan for so long, that not only does Milan depress me, but the state of Italian football does as well.

But yeah--I gotta pull back a little. Until drastic changes are made, Italy, and Milan, will be a transition into the bigger clubs for players.
Bros you making me sad Sad I feel the same it sucks ass.
(02-05-2014, 01:24 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: "Cagliari want Galliani"

http://www.football-italia.net/44825/cag...ani-report

why? aren't we Cagliari already? why would Galliani want to leave one for another?
aka xudong