Milan to leave San Siro
I'm not sure if it is official Xu, I just read it was on Gazzetta and every other major press source, so I think it's safe to assume something's happening/progressing. I thought our lease on San Siro ends 2017? So wouldn't that mean we build the stadium for then, essentially meaning we have 2 years to get the stadium in a state where we can play.
I think AC Milan must leaving San Siro and build a new home. Make the bigger and modern stadium, better than Juventus Arena. I know, AC Milan will have a great stadium in Italy. Smile

I read on a Chinese site that Milan is the only party that has shown interest on the land lot. I hope that makes things easier for us. Smile
aka xudong
That is probably true based on rumours Xu. As far as I'm aware, Inter now want to stay at San Siro and nobody else has ever been mentioned.
Inter wouldn't be able to own San Siro, I suppose? The stadium still belongs to the City of Milano, I think.

Ideally, I was hoping that we could kick out Inter and own a fully renovated San Siro; after all, there are so many memories there. But having a new stadium, even though it remains an idea only atm, would still be a great improvement over current situation. It does shed some light at this seemingly non-ending dark tunnel that is called Milan reality. Sad
aka xudong
I think the council would sell as it would become a massive overhead with no revenue streams (with neither Inter or Milan playing there). I think our plan's fine. I previously wanted to stay at San Siro too, but with the difficulties we've faced in recent times and especially the inability to fill the stadium, I think making a new smaller, but scalable stadium would be our best option.
Yes, I do agree. San Siro was a great stadium but is probably outdated (like Galliani himself Icon_lol2). In this increasingly commersialized world, the stadium needs to have more ways to generate revenue. The idea that our new stadium will feature restaurants and hotels kind of excites me.

I do miss those good old days when San Siro was packed. I think (I could be wrong) that back in 1992-93, Milan actually sold 70,000 season tickets. Almost every game was a scary experience for the visiting team.
aka xudong
Exactly, things have changed and San Siro often feels empty even with 40,000 people in the last year or two. I think it would be great to have a 50-60,000 seat stadium that's almost always totally full. It would be even better if it's designed to possibly hold more in the future should we successfully return to the top and Italy, like Germany, figures out a way to regularly fill stadiums.
First pictures of the new stadium!

[Image: Bh9SONaCUAAlksI.png]

Grinundwech
Looks good! Okmilan