Milan to leave San Siro
(02-13-2019, 11:25 PM)xudong Wrote: I agree with you. I don't understand why we don't want to own. Maybe there is something that we outsiders don't know?

I think letting go of the historical San Siro is harder for some
Maybe. But San Siro isn't exactly formidable these days.

I just checked, and it seems that since 2007 (last time when we won UCL), we have only won exactly ONE playoff round in ALL European tournaments (including CL and EL). 4-0 and 0-3 against Arsenal. That's facepalm-worthy.

Maybe it is time to start writing a new page in our history.
(02-14-2019, 02:25 AM)xudong Wrote: Maybe. But San Siro isn't exactly formidable these days.

I just checked, and it seems that since 2007 (last time when we won UCL), we have only won exactly ONE playoff round in ALL European tournaments (including CL and EL). 4-0 and 0-3 against Arsenal. That's facepalm-worthy.

Maybe it is time to start writing a new page in our history.

And we won that match thanks to "potato field" strategy  Devilol
Mayor of Milano Giuseppe Sala: "I've always told Milan and Inter that I'd rather they work on renovating San Siro, however it's clear that they rightfully say that it's not easy so they also proposed the idea of a new stadium next to the current one."

Sala: "What they [Milan & Inter] asked us [the municipality] is to help them make an important, sustainable investment in one case or another."
"new stadium next to the current one"
Is that implying still sharing but another one instead of San Siro?

That's as pointless as extending Monto Tongue
(03-01-2019, 07:13 PM)reza Wrote: "new stadium next to the current one"
Is that implying still sharing but another one instead of San Siro?

That's as pointless as extending Monto Tongue

Sounds like it.  Still doesn't change revenue.  We need a privately owned stadium
Agreed. Not just from a revenue perspective, but also that if we aim high, we would expect to play regular mid-week game, so two teams sharing a stadium would never be a good idea.

Last game at San Siro against Empoli, I remember the commentator mentioned the sub-par pitch condition because Inter just played their EL game one day before. This is unacceptable.

I don't mind staying at San Siro; after all, we have had so many great memories, but it needs to be renovated and Inter needs to be kicked out. Ideally, however, I would love to have a new stadium of our own in which we can create new (good) memories. Smile
According to Repubblica, Inter and Milan have decided to build a new stadium together rather than renovate the San Siro. The only thing missing is the final confirmation to the city of Milan.

Milan has completely embraced the idea of the new stadium, and the mayor of Milan Beppe Sala is convinced. It was Paolo Scaroni Who accelerated for this futuristic stadium, which would be an investment of €600 million, like Real Madrid’s redo of the Bernabeu.

The name of the stadium will still be the San Siro which will be key to financing the costs as the naming rights would have a minimum value of €25 million a year.

The stadium would be built on the current municipal area of the parking lots, where 2 companies will be hired for the demolition.

The project will be the most innovative in Europe. A delegation from the Milan management, including CEO Ivan Gazidis were in the US in recent days accompanied by Goldman Sachs, the consultants of the financial coverage of the operation, looking at modern stadium models.

The ultramodern stadiums visited are the MetLife stadium in New York and the Mercedes Benz Arena in Atlanta, Which has the largest retractable rooftop in the world. The MetLife stadium is managed by 2 clubs, a model for the future San Siro

Milan and Inter’s new stadium will have a capacity of 60,000 seats, with a close range compared to the 3 rings of the 80,000 capacity of the current San Siro.

The decision to build from scratch, would avoid the problems caused by a renovation during the season, with reduced capacity, safety problems, and slowing down of the construction.

During the construction of the new San Siro, matches will be played at the current San Siro. The 60,000 capacity of the new San Siro meets the requirements to host UEFA finals.

The entrances to the new San Siro will be separated for the 2 teams according to the modular concept, skybox and entertainment parts modeled according to which team plays and the needs of sponsors or collateral events.

The new San Siro stadium is viewed by Elliott as a fundamental asset to get closer to the top European clubs. The acceleration stems from the awareness that Juventus has climbed the financial heirarchies of European football.
The big question is who owns the stadium? The teams or the city?
(03-04-2019, 06:19 PM)honsano Wrote: The big question is who owns the stadium? The teams or the city?

Teams