Curva Sud activities
(03-17-2014, 04:02 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 03:35 PM)elieassi Wrote: Silvio Berlusconi: "Clarence Seedorf will also be Milan's coach next season."

Silvio Berlusconi: "This Milan side has been poorly built."

Silvio Berlusconi: "I don't understand why Juventus are the only ones in Italy who spend more on wages than Milan do."

Silvio Berlusconi: "I also don't understand how we were eliminated by Atlético Madrid who spend less than half on wages than we do."

Also of note B. is quoted as saying that he's very disappointed because resources (money) has been spent on bad players who are not good enough for AC Mlian. (hinting at what Galliani has been up to i suppose)

Feels like there's gonna be more changes coming..

And why does he wait for so long only to say this? Is he fucking blind to not know that this is happening for a long time and this is his responsibility?

For me this is no more than a collection of a politician's rubbish words.

Better late than never, I guess. At least it means that the Berlusconis acknowledge that we are in serious mismanagement. That said, those quotes could just as easily be made up so I'm not gonna get my hope high yet.
free loan with option to buy ™
We need to always doubt quotes, I do too (in this thread and always Big Grin), but these are real
(03-17-2014, 04:44 PM)reza Wrote: We need to always doubt quotes, I do too (in this thread and always Big Grin), but these are real

Thanks Reza for the confirmation. As it was said better late than never..
That's great then Reza. Acknowledging the problem is the first step toward solving it, right? Because nothing makes me want to tear my hair out than to hear Galliani saying that we're fine or we're the only Italian club who regularly participated in European competitions bla bla bla...

Hopefully now Berlu have the guts back up his words with action and get rid of the source of such problem.
free loan with option to buy ™
Maldini in an interview for the Gazzetta had the following to say:

Paolo Maldini: "Everything we had built at Milan over 10 years has now been destroyed, and it makes me sad and angry."

Maldini: "Curva Sud? I would never have accepted having guys that are younger than me telling me to work harder."

Maldini: "Curva Sud didn't support us for 6 months after we won everything in 2007. That really made me angry. I didn't understand it."

Maldini: "Balotelli is still not a champion. The same goes for Pato. He will be once he carries and leads the team for 90 minutes."

Interview spans across 2 pages and covers everything from Galliani, Seedorf, Barbara Berlusconi, Allegri, the locker room, corporate structure and market choices. Wish I could get my hands on the full interview if anyone has access to it.

In the meantime here's a link to the summary

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Mi...3916.shtml

Here's more quotes from Goal.com now about the intreview, normally I don't trust Goal but they're apparently quoting the Gazetta intreview:

"Inside of me there's a mixture of anger and disappointment,"

"Not so much because of the results, but because I get the impression they're throwing away what was built with hard work over the last 10 years.

"That makes me feel awful. I know how much work there was behind all those glories, what it took to build such a beatufiul story. It makes me crazy to see everything destroyed.

"They cannot compete with Juventus or the top 10 teams in Europe. There isn't a project."

"It's obvious that he's not an expert, but he has a lot of courage and personality, but not even Pep Guardiola could do anything," (Seedorf)

"This isn't Clarence's fault. [Pippo] Inzaghi spent two years with the youth team and this is important."

"Galliani is a great manager, but Milan also has many other employees. I will give an example, if you get a coach who says Andrea Pirlo is no longer needed at Milan, there must be some leader who emphasizes that he continues to be an asset for the club.

"He (Galliani) believed he's the Almighty, who does not remember all the successes have not come only thanks to him, but also thanks to a group that could manage the locker room."

Everything he says echoes what every Milan fan across the globe is feeling. I miss those days, not just the results and cups but mostly the ethics and how players like Maldini, Baresi, Costacurto, Albertini ect put everything they had on the pitch, for the shirt and colors before the paycheck.
Thanks for posting this elieassi, but I think it would make far more sense to put it in the Maldini thread (in the players section), which I will do. Likewise, I think Maldini himself might find it rather annoying to have his comments posted in the Curva Sud thread given their history Wink
True True, but when I first posted I only had the upper part which contains 2 quotes about the curva sud among 4, hence I posted it here. If you have the means to move it all now, by all means.
I don't have the means (not a mod on the forums these days), but will quote your post, as I appreciate the fact you've made the effort to put everything together in one post.

As for the Curva Sud comments, I kind of agree with him. I understand the fans sentiments, obviously being a frustrated fan myself, but like I've said before, the curva take it too far and if you're going to protest, there are better ways to do it.
Oh I totally forgot to comment on Berlu's comments yesterday, which imo can be interpreted in two ways. The first is him deflecting responsibility for the current state of affairs onto Galliani without actually looking into what needs to be done (read my smelling like roses comment after the Parma match). The other is that he's acknowledging the problems in Milan now, still blaming Galliani, but at least now makes these statements with intent to resolve the problems. Let's face it, he must have known this was the case for a long time, so his reason to speak out now must mean something's going to happen.

Berlu's guilty of the problems in Milan more than anyone, neglecting the club he owns for years and letting it get run into the ground as a result. However, I hope these statements mean that he's ready to start doing something about the problems and aren't just to deflect blame to Galliani.
I translated the whole interview of Paolo Maldini in La Gazzetta Dello Sport in the mercato thread. It could have been more useful here finally ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-17-2014, 04:44 PM)reza Wrote: We need to always doubt quotes, I do too (in this thread and always Big Grin), but these are real

You better not be joking. Sagrin Icon_lol2 This is heavy stuff, and I like it. Okmilan

I hope that Baldie has some self-respect and just gtfo; otherwise, someone needs to do something and fuck him off. Sagrin Milan can no longer afford this cancer. Dodgy