TV Deals - The beautiful game live in HD
Reza: I am pretty certain that beIN is the only provider in Canada to carry La Liga and Serie A with English commentary. Rogers also has it..presumably for the same price. It's free til Apr 22nd (on Bell at least)
Siamo a posto cosi.
Thanks. I will also check if the free part is available on Rogers
Thanks again Mystik. On Rogers channel 391 beIN is on free preview
Very convenient isn't it? You can watch Monday's game comfortably on your own TV now..and even record it if you have that functionality with Rogers.
Siamo a posto cosi.
While we're on the topic of football on TV, I totally recommend BT Sport for people in the UK. Honestly, I was skeptical of the channels, but quickly found it was amazing for football. In terms of Italian football, they average around 3-4 games a week, with pretty much every Milan match shown live. Thing is, the channels are also solely dedicated to football, meaning on top of Italian football you regularly get to see German and French football and sometimes English (Sky have most rights here), or at the least highlights of Premiership football. Unfortunately, Sky have rights on Spanish football, so they don't show that. In addition to all this, you get to see matches from MLS, which in addition to growing fast is quite unique, Copa Libertadores and some South American (Brazilian and Argentine) leagues are shown. Additionally, though less so, you get lower league football from all the nations mentioned above, though it seems pretty rare.

On top of all this, you get a few decent shows about football, a personal favourite being the European football show. Basically it comes on Sunday evenings around the live match (usually an Italian one) and it's a discussion show of European football around the leagues mentioned above, with highlights and goals shown for every match. The thing that makes it really good is that they get some really good guests on the show (James Horncastle, Raphael Honigstein and Julien Laurens) and it's presented by James Richardson, who for years was the face of Italian football in the UK.
I imagine that you're spoilt for choices in the UK regarding watching football.I think I remember listening to a BTP podcast where they said that BT Sport just did a mega TV deal to rival Sky? I can't remember the details now though..

If I were a fan of the BPL, or the Bundesliga there are a couple options here which cover those leagues. Some years ago, TLN showed weekend Serie A matches but I guess they lost the rights to cover it so beIN is filling in the void. BeIN also has highlight shows for both Italian and Spanish football which is handy. Hopefully they are around for a while!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Actually, for a couple of years I don't think any network really picked up Italian football due to costs. But yeah, BT Sport's deal, which is in some sort of partnership with ESPN is just outstanding for football fans. I forgot to mention I've also watched the J-League and Chinese league on there too, as well as the Australian league (A-League).

These days in the UK if you're prepared to pay the subscription fees, you can watch football from all over the world. I tend to mostly watch the Italian and German leagues personally, although I follow the rest as much as I can too.
Good news for those in Canada. I believe that both TSN and beinsports now have the rights for both the Champions League and Europa League so there will be no shortage of football on TV this season Big Grin. I think only Sportsnet carried the CL before
Siamo a posto cosi.
Didn't know that, not bad. Wish Serie A was cheaper though.