Poll: Which teams will qualify?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Colombia Rolleyes
38.89%
7 38.89%
Greece Girl-smiley-fingertap
11.11%
2 11.11%
Ivory Coast Cool
11.11%
2 11.11%
Japan Tongue
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Group-C - WC 2014
(06-25-2014, 05:51 PM)Stitch Wrote: What we disagree on is the part where you say "they can do much more".

I dont think they could have lasted past the group by playing any other way. Take last night for example, an average football fan probably knows about 7-8 Ivory Coast players. Greeks? Maybe 1 or 2. They simply do not have the talent to do it any other way.

If Messi or Ronaldo were Greek, I'd be willing to bet a huge amount of money they'd be world champions.

That's because Greek players all have long names that we can't remember! I had to google and find a few names to prove my points: Katsouranis, Christodoulopoulos, Papastathopoulos (yes, I know that he played for us, but I still can't spell it Big Grin). That's more letters than in 7 or 8 Ivory Coast players' names already. Grinundwech
aka xudong
(06-25-2014, 08:19 PM)xudong Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 05:51 PM)Stitch Wrote: What we disagree on is the part where you say "they can do much more".

I dont think they could have lasted past the group by playing any other way. Take last night for example, an average football fan probably knows about 7-8 Ivory Coast players. Greeks? Maybe 1 or 2. They simply do not have the talent to do it any other way.

If Messi or Ronaldo were Greek, I'd be willing to bet a huge amount of money they'd be world champions.

That's because Greek players all have long names that we can't remember! I had to google and find a few names to prove my points: Katsouranis, Christodoulopoulos, Papastathopoulos (yes, I know that he played for us, but I still can't spell it Big Grin). That's more letters than in 7 or 8 Ivory Coast players' names already. Grinundwech

Die, Sio, Boka, Bony, Kalou, Toure, Toure... Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I think you underrate the Greeks and I think a lot of their players are better known than we often realise (most of them are or have played in top leagues). But like I said before, I respected their performance in 2004, where I felt they had more direction and ideas despite playing very defensive football.
(06-25-2014, 11:54 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 08:19 PM)xudong Wrote: That's because Greek players all have long names that we can't remember! I had to google and find a few names to prove my points: Katsouranis, Christodoulopoulos, Papastathopoulos (yes, I know that he played for us, but I still can't spell it Big Grin). That's more letters than in 7 or 8 Ivory Coast players' names already. Grinundwech

Die, Sio, Boka, Bony, Kalou, Toure, Toure... Sagrin

at least it is not South Korea.

Jung
Kim
Yun
Kwak
Kim
Hwang
Kim
Ha
Son
Park
Lee
Lee
Koo
Han
Park
Ki
Lee
Kim
Ji
Hong
Kim
Park
Lee

Those are all their 23 players (source: wiki)

Icon_lol2

aka xudong
Star 
So Colombia and Greece advanced.

The Good (who got both right):
reza 1a 1b 2c

The Bad (Who got both wrong):
Aficio 1a 1b 0c

The Ugly (Who got 1 right, 1 wrong):
Acmir 1a 1b 1c
maharaja 1a 1b 1c
Mystik 1a 1b 1c
mzk57 1a, 2b, 1c
nefremo 1a 1b 1c
xudong 1a 1b 1c
ZvonimirBoban 1a 1b 1c

The Vanished (who disappeared)
Androgynous 1a -b -c
Gio-mania 1a -b -c
Stitch 0a 1b -c
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(06-29-2014, 08:41 PM)mzk57 Wrote: So Colombia and Greece advanced.

The Good (who got both right):
reza 1a 1b 2c

The Bad (Who got both wrong):
Aficio 1a 1b 0c

The Ugly (Who got 1 right, 1 wrong):
Acmir 1a 1b 1c
maharaja 1a 1b
Mystik 1a 1b
mzk57 1a, 2b, 1c
nefremo 1a 1b
xudong 1a 1b
ZvonimirBoban 1a 1b