Poll: Which teams will qualify?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Colombia Rolleyes
38.89%
7 38.89%
Greece Girl-smiley-fingertap
11.11%
2 11.11%
Ivory Coast Cool
11.11%
2 11.11%
Japan Tongue
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Group-C - WC 2014
(06-25-2014, 05:28 AM)mzk57 Wrote:
(06-25-2014, 02:47 AM)Aficio Wrote: Brazil have trouble against teams which tactically defend like Mexico. Neymar is Messi of Brazil, and IMO, he is even more "Messi" that the real one, because the attack of his team almost totally depends on him. Oscar could be handled by Premier League defenders and Hulk & Fred are normal dudes.

How can Brazil have easier draw? Brazil will face Chile in Ro16 and than the winner of Uruguay vs Colombia. It pretty tough draw in my opinion and in semi final they will face Germany or France. Tough enough for them to go out to be honest. But could have been better if Holland had finished 2nd or maybe even Spain Sad

Well, I could say Holland get easier draw than Brazil. If both win next match, Brazil will meet a new candidate Colombia (Uruguay without Suarez are weak), and there will be Greece/Costa Rica in front of Holland. Then stable formation and great tradition of France/Germany is more intimidating than the shaky defense of Argentina or young Belgium with 4 CDs, though it is just faint idea.

To summarize, Holland get the easiest opponent in quarter final, while Brazil vs Colombia, France vs Germany, and Argentina vs Belgium all bring both excitement and regret to viewers.

Of course, all are just hypothesis based on thought of the crowd which can be proved wrong Big Grin

Nice fact, Xu Big Grin
Columbia are looking better with every match, I think every team dreads facing them. Japan had a great go in the first half though, they just lack the end product and decision making.

I felt gutted when Greece got the penalty at the end. No offence to any Greek fans, but I just can't stand watching them play.
I actually enjoy and love Greece's style. They play to their strenghts. They dont have any individual talent that could resolve their games with some brilliant moves. So they adapt, playing with their hearts instead of relying on talent. They were soaking wet from the sweat in the last 20 minutes yet they kept running and running.

Now compare that with Argentina for example who are not doing anything but relying on Messi's magical moments to win them games.
(06-25-2014, 05:41 AM)xudong Wrote: I read somewhere that Chile only had three appearances in WC knockout stages, and all three times, their journey ended in the hands of Brazil.

Fourth time is a charm? Icon_lol2

I watched Brazil vs Chile on 2nd round, WC 1998 (4-0) and 2010 (3-0). Strange indeed.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-25-2014, 09:23 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Columbia are looking better with every match, I think every team dreads facing them. Japan had a great go in the first half though, they just lack the end product and decision making.

I felt gutted when Greece got the penalty at the end. No offence to any Greek fans, but I just can't stand watching them play.

DevilolDevilolDevilol same

plus I am Italian in a Greek Neighborhood in NYC. They celebrated like they won the world cup, and most don't know a thing about football. And my god... they deep down have this jealousy of Italians.. so they always root for Italy to lose.
(06-25-2014, 01:00 PM)Stitch Wrote: I actually enjoy and love Greece's style. They play to their strenghts. They dont have any individual talent that could resolve their games with some brilliant moves. So they adapt, playing with their hearts instead of relying on talent. They were soaking wet from the sweat in the last 20 minutes yet they kept running and running.

Now compare that with Argentina for example who are not doing anything but relying on Messi's magical moments to win them games.

The issue I have is that they showed what kind of performance they can produce when they play with that heart. The problem is the team that faced Columbia and Japan wasn't the same team that played yesterday, as in those games I didn't feel they put in the effort to try and win as they could have, instead looking to simply stop the opposing team than build anything proactive.
And whats the problem with that? If you can drive a truck but youre not that good in math, youre gonna pursue a career in transport, not in accounting Wink

i enjoy football on both sides of the pitch.
Well, I like some "2 faces" team like Algeria or Greece who played ultra defensively in one match and attacked fair & square in another Big Grin
The thing I dislike is that mostly they don't attempt to win, just stop opponents winning when they can do so much more. It's not that I have issues with them being defensive (just see my other posts of defending recently), but that other than yesterday when they were forced to try and win, they simply don't do anything to even try to win. I think the issue I have is maybe they play too much within themselves, when they can do so much more.

Don't get me wrong though, I really respect and admire the Greece of 2004, because that side had so much more to their game than since then.
What we disagree on is the part where you say "they can do much more".

I dont think they could have lasted past the group by playing any other way. Take last night for example, an average football fan probably knows about 7-8 Ivory Coast players. Greeks? Maybe 1 or 2. They simply do not have the talent to do it any other way.

If Messi or Ronaldo were Greek, I'd be willing to bet a huge amount of money they'd be world champions.