Poll: Which teams will qualify?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Colombia Rolleyes
38.89%
7 38.89%
Greece Girl-smiley-fingertap
11.11%
2 11.11%
Ivory Coast Cool
11.11%
2 11.11%
Japan Tongue
38.89%
7 38.89%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Group-C - WC 2014
Surprised no one's commented on the matches in this group yesterday. Columbia - Ivory Coast was a particularly entertaining match, where the first half was ok, while not great, but the second half came to life as both teams really went all out for the result. Looks like these two teams will go through (Columbia are already through) and deservedly so.

On the other hand, Greece - Japan was a massive disappointment. With all due respect to any Greek posters, I simply can't stand watching this Greece side. I respected them in 2004, but since then they try to recreate that tournament everytime, only they forget they still have to win, which that side did by taking advantage of opposing teams weaknesses. They are dire, honestly a terrible side that are far too focused on stopping their opponents and not winning themselves.

That said, I expected so much more from Japan in this tournament. This match against Greece showed that they are a really good, technically gifted side, yet did very little to almost nothing to really hurt Greece. Constantly pumping crosses into the box when you're physically not competing against the opponents is a waste of time. They also played too slow and I must say, Honda was disappointing in his constant dropping deep and not being anywhere to hurt the opponents. They have quick players and getting more incisive runs into the box would have been the way to go.
Honda was poor I agree. I am yet to see what all the excitement about this guy was for last summer and also when we signed him. I must agree I probably only saw him play for CSKA a couple of times during CL seasons and he never caught my eye...but I thought "hey, I just don't know enough about him". Now, with every game that passes and I see him play...he just looks very ver ordinary/average to me.
A lot - not all of course - of positive views of him were because of the Confederations Cup not CSKA. I was one of the not so excited ones but in my opinion it's still early to consider him a flop.
A lot of why I like Honda is based on what I saw at CSKA and a little at VVV (the dutch side). He looks lost lately, his positioning is far too deep and very few teams are going to be willing to build around him. His movement in general isn't poor too, with him slow to take up better positions (if you look, he often passes and just walks).
Good job, Greece. Their match against Costa Rica will be interesting. Not entertaining, yet interesting. Between two shrewd tacticians.
Pretty sure the Greece penalty involved zero contact. Very unlucky Ivory Coast.
(06-24-2014, 10:58 PM)Aficio Wrote: Good job, Greece. Their match against Costa Rica will be interesting. Not entertaining, yet interesting. Between two shrewd tacticians.

Shit, that means Brazil have easier chance to semi-finals..
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-24-2014, 11:47 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 10:58 PM)Aficio Wrote: Good job, Greece. Their match against Costa Rica will be interesting. Not entertaining, yet interesting. Between two shrewd tacticians.

Shit, that means Brazil have easier chance to semi-finals..

Brazil have trouble against teams which tactically defend like Mexico. Neymar is Messi of Brazil, and IMO, he is even more "Messi" that the real one, because the attack of his team almost totally depends on him. Oscar could be handled by Premier League defenders and Hulk & Fred are normal dudes.
(06-25-2014, 02:47 AM)Aficio Wrote:
(06-24-2014, 11:47 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Shit, that means Brazil have easier chance to semi-finals..

Brazil have trouble against teams which tactically defend like Mexico. Neymar is Messi of Brazil, and IMO, he is even more "Messi" that the real one, because the attack of his team almost totally depends on him. Oscar could be handled by Premier League defenders and Hulk & Fred are normal dudes.

How can Brazil have easier draw? Brazil will face Chile in Ro16 and than the winner of Uruguay vs Colombia. It pretty tough draw in my opinion and in semi final they will face Germany or France. Tough enough for them to go out to be honest. But could have been better if Holland had finished 2nd or maybe even Spain Sad
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
I read somewhere that Chile only had three appearances in WC knockout stages, and all three times, their journey ended in the hands of Brazil.

Fourth time is a charm? Icon_lol2
aka xudong