Poll: Which teams will qualify?
Costa Rica Orangehat
England Blank
Italy Okmilan
Uruguay Musik005
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Group-D - WC 2014
Team of captains Big Grin

I agree with Xu about Cannavaro, the weaklink. My choice is Materazzi Grinundwech
(05-22-2014, 04:12 AM)xudong Wrote: Cannavaro could be the weakest link of that lineup. I can't decide on the GK choice either.
Cannavaro might have been the weakest link if it was deam team of all time, but its the dream team of world cup editions, and Cannavaro of 2006 world cup was the ultimate CD i could have asked for. It was like making a defender on Fifa or PES and assigning all attributes 100/100. The with only other example of such high class ultimate player is Maradona of 1986 WC.

In the dream team of all time, I would replace Cannavaro with Nesta & Cafu with Zanetti. Probably Zidane with Pirlo or Xavi. Am not a big fan of Pele either, so Messi will come in Okmilan

(05-22-2014, 04:24 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Here is mine.

Chilavert as GK
Cafu, Nesta and Beckenbauer, Maldini
Rijkaard and Curiff as CM

Ronaldo(Brazil) Maradona Giggs
Van Basten

A better way to represent your team

[Image: José-Luis-Félix-Chilavert-150x150.jpg]

[Image: ad_126313964.jpg?crop=0px%2C310px%2C690p...=150%2C150] [Image: 1975588_small.jpg] [Image: nesta-nazionale-150x150.jpg] [Image: maldini-150x150.jpg]

[Image: Mediocampista+Defensivo+02+Frank+Rijkaard.jpg] [Image: world_cup_tee_worn_by_cruyff.jpg&height=200px]

[Image: ronaldo-brazil-150x150.jpg] [Image: 929172_small.jpg] [Image: Ryan-Giggs.jpg]

[Image: van-basten-a-150x150.jpg]

Chilavert as GK

Van Basten

Did Giggs ever play in World Cup?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Star 
Who has been the better of the two for the NT?

[Image: frank%20lampard.jpg]
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
It reminds me a quote from "Big Bang Theory": "equally ridiculous" Big Grin
Bazinga! Big Grin
(05-22-2014, 02:55 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:

Chilavert as GK

Van Basten

Did Giggs ever play in World Cup?

also, van Basten and Rijkaard, albeit great players in their careers, had not performed well in world cups. Neither did Nesta to some extent.
Goycochea
Thuram-Beckenbauer-Baresi-Roberto Carlos
Zidane-Zico
Ronaldo-Gerd Muller-Pele-Giuseppe Meazza

I know, unbalanced, but I think this is the best from World Cup.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Oh, ZB Big Grin The B&B pair also flashed in my mind, but then I thought 2 Liberos is too many Big Grin Well, this is just fantasy anyway

Regarding Gerrard & Lampard. IMO, this is one of the most useless topics from English media. Both are good players but never at the level of Mazzola/Rivera who can (and did carry) the team to victory. At the same time, they used Scholes, their most creative players in 20 years as LM. What a crime! The Ginger Prince should be fielded as AM with one of the physical duo protecting him from behind.
Star 
(05-23-2014, 10:45 AM)Aficio Wrote: Regarding Gerrard & Lampard. IMO, this is one of the most useless topics from English media. Both are good players but never at the level of Mazzola/Rivera who can (and did carry) the team to victory. At the same time, they used Scholes, their most creative players in 20 years as LM. What a crime! The Ginger Prince should be fielded as AM with one of the physical duo protecting him from behind.
You have got a point. Both Frank and Stevie were equally terrible in the WC 2006. Both missed penalties in their QF shootout against Portugal, which was very hard to believe to be honest. Similarly both were off color in the WC 2010 as well. Euro 2012, I think Lampard missed it due to injury and Gerrard was, well okay at the very best. I actualy don't really remember how Gerrard did at the WC 2002. The tie breaker for me is the Euro 2004. When after a stunning season with Chelsea, Lampard was brought into the starting 11 by SG Errickson, despite the presence of already established Scholes and Gerrard. Scholes was used as CAM behind Rooney and Owen, Gerrard or left, Beckham on Right and Lampard was assigned as the base of the diamond formation, somewhat similar to Carlo Ancelloti's diamond formation of Pirlo-Rino-Seedorf-Rui. Lampard went on give stunning performances in Euro 2004. Scored against France, then scored again in next match and also did his level best in a epic effort against the the host Portugal in the QF, where he scored the equalizing goal something like in the 118th minute, canceling the stunning effort of Rui Costa in extra time. Then he scored from the spot as well. But ultimately England lost in shootout. He was voted fans. player of the tournament for England. Gerrard also had a good Euro 2004, but not as good as Lampard.

Which brings me to the conclusion that Lampard has been a better player for England than Gerrard. Plus his number of goals is also more than Gerrard, and i think he is among the top 5 highest goals scorers for England.

Both of them never displayed their true potential for English NT, which I have enjoyed to be honest, but being a football fan its also a bit disappointing.
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]