Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa
Welcome Alex

17 June 1982. CD.

Quote:MILAN - Here is what Alex had to say exclusively to Milan Channel: "I am very pleased to be at Milan and they have spoken well of the club. It is very perfectly, organised here and I have spoken a lot with Mr. Galliani when we were on the plane together. I played for Ancelotti at Chelsea and at PSG too, he is fantastic and almost like a father so I thank him for the good things he had said about me. I want to start training hard to start the season in the best way to make sure we have a good year and get Milan back into the Champions League. I am really excited to wear the Milan shirt and I am ready to battle for the club and the team. Come on, Milan!"

Welcome!?

More like gtfo!

I really really wish I could wake up and realize these last few years of me supporting Milan were just an awful nightmare.

Why would you welcome another useless overpayed old fart that is just going to further drag our club to lower end of the table.
Fuck you Galliani!

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk

LOL, stitch. Alex isn't that bad. ~_~
aka xudong
I am not toooo displeased by this Alex transfer. If he doesn't have any major injury concerns, he can probably slot right into defense and provide decent performances for 2-3 years. I'm okay as long as he isn't on some crazy wages..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Looks like 2 years 2.5m after tax per year.
(06-05-2014, 06:29 PM)xudong Wrote: LOL, stitch. Alex isn't that bad. ~_~

Even if he was Paolo freaking Maldini, he is 32, and the rest of the team is plain awful, one so-so CD won't fix anything. By the time we get any good (if ever), he'll be 38 and on a 4m salary.
Stitch you gotta get good before you become great again. More than better the team, I hope Alex can stabilize the locker room and maybe teach the kids how to defend. Happy the salary is low relative to our historical bosmans but it is still high for a defender of his quality/age. Wish him luck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDALspHAzhE

Here's a video of Alex at Milanello holding up our shirt if anyone is interested Big Grin
Stitch, beggars can't be choosers. I agree that Alex came about 9 years too late, but he should still have a couple of good seasons left. and I agree with honsano that his salary (allegedly 2.5m) isn't too bad, and with some luck, he can be very useful for Milan in both short run (usable right awa) and long run (help transition).

again, beggars can't be choosers!!! :d Sad
aka xudong
I'm satisfied with this transfer, but as I said if it's in conjunction with confirming Rami, which seems likely. Alex should offer a year or two of solid service, hopefully by which time we'll have someone ready to take over.

I would have preferred another young defender to grow alongside Rami, but it's difficult to get one at this point in time who can be relied on.

My real hope is that Alex is here for a short term solution while some of our youth can mature a little. I've mentioned in other threads that we do have some really good CBs coming through at youth level, but the oldest is Pacifico who is 20 (and from what I understand probably the least talented), which is really too young to be relied on too heavily.