Ideas for the front page of the site
It was suggested that we could have articles or anything relevant on the front page of the site. Milan or even general football articles would be great, other features may be possible too.

WordPress was installed on the front page of the site, it is very well suited for this and may be even more.

I think having some articles on the front page would be a great addition to the site. In all cases you would have full rights to your articles and are only allowing it to be published on the site. We can discuss this and any other ideas. Please reply here or if you prefer PM me.
(04-08-2011, 06:34 PM)reza Wrote: It was suggested that we could have articles or anything relevant on the front page of the site. Milan or even general football articles would be great, other features may be possible too.

WordPress was installed on the front page of the site, it is very well suited for this and may be even more.

I think having some articles on the front page would be a great addition to the site. In all cases you would have full rights to your articles and are only allowing it to be published on the site. We can discuss this and any other ideas. Please reply here or if you prefer PM me.

What a great idea !! Devilol
The main word for these articles must be "quality", I mean, we need well built articles, just to fit to the high quality of the forum !! Smile

Then, on Wordpress (like on Joomla), you can create sections, for example Milan, Serie A, General Football ... and instead of the "once a month" article, each time someone has an article about something related to football, it could be posted in the adequate section. Anyway, no matter how you want to do it, I support this idea !! Sagrin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
This is a superb idea. If you want we can start with the article I posted here (Normal service resumes for milan).

My only question is exclusivity: if I write something on my blog can that be included here? Or would you want a unique article once a month for milanmania?

Once again, Geotav...great idea!

Geo, thanks for the idea. Thanks Hasan as well.

---

Important part:

No exclusivity required, it would be nice to have exclusives but it won't be a requirement. If it is already online and/or published somewhere else I need to double check that we are allowed to have it on milanmania as well. Anybody writing can have a link to their personal site as well (at the bottom of the article for example).

----

Optional and just an idea: It is also possible to have a few lines of articles on the front page and the rest in a thread on the forum. The reason for this is we can have all comments on the forum and not all under the article. We will see about this when we have a few articles.
Okay...should we start with this article?

http://www.livesoccertv.com/news/3336/no...for-milan/

Let me know man...thanks again for all the hard work.

And yes...I like the few lines on the frontpage idea.
It is on http://www.milanmania.com/?p=43 and of course appears on the front page, thanks Hasan.

I hope this can be a feature with a number of different members participating.
(04-09-2011, 04:37 AM)reza Wrote: It is on http://www.milanmania.com/?p=43 and of course appears on the front page, thanks Hasan.

I hope this can be a feature with a number of different members participating.

Cool...I agree...hopefully members post!

Should we have any pics in the articles?

Thanks!

No problem. Yes to picture accompanying an article, from the next one we will add pictures.

I want to see how many and how often we have articles then hope to make any possible improvements, right now I have only added the twitter and facebook share buttons.
Great idea! Thanks everyone.

A great way to publicize our website too...
Also, wonder if Dev will be interested in putting up his post-game thought on rating on the front page too? They are usually of high quality.