Poll: Is Allegri good enough for Milan?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Give the man some time and he will build a winning team!
62.00%
31 62.00%
Unsure! He is doing ok, but we deserve better.
22.00%
11 22.00%
No! We could have done much better, sack him!
16.00%
8 16.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Massimiliano Allegri
Yes I was joking about van Gaal. I don't want Allegri sacked but if the scudetto slips away then in my opinion everybody has the right to at the very least question him.
(03-29-2011, 03:25 PM)reza Wrote: Yes I was joking about van Gaal. I don't want Allegri sacked but if the scudetto slips away then in my opinion everybody has the right to at the very least question him.

With what he had to work with, added the fact that he was relieved of the CL pressure. He also got 4 important first team players in the winter to cover for the injured players. Lets not forget that Inter had Rafa and we all know how that turned out (
If we let this scudetto slip, he needs to go. period.

One more important things. If we loose out on the scudetto, we lose it to Leo himself. And If Leo was not good enough last year with that team, than by default Allegri needs to go.

I would have given him the benefit of the doubt, but seeing how things turned out...with Inter being 13 points behind at some point, Juve and Roma flopping big times, with only Napoli challenging us and what a great team he got,we have to win this one.

To be honest, if Inter manages to win the league, credits must be given to Leo. having said that, Allegri must go, as it is not just losing the league but also not beating the traditional big teams, playing defensive against delegation sides at home and losing to Spurs at home in CL.
(03-31-2011, 04:09 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: To be honest, if Inter manages to win the league, credits must be given to Leo. having said that, Allegri must go, as it is not just losing the league but also not beating the traditional big teams, playing defensive against delegation sides at home and losing to Spurs at home in CL.

Milan vs Inter: 2 wins
Milan vs Juventus: 1 win, 1 loss
Milan vs Roma: 1 loss
Milan vs Napoli: 2 wins
Milan vs Palermo: 1 win, 1 loss
Milan vs Lazio: 2 draws

Result: 6-2-3 with 1 more game to play.

Good record against the traditional big teams IMO ... Smile

By winning this Scudetto (I'm crossing my fingers), Allegri will learn from his mistakes and will earn a lot of credit from the players and other teams, that will help him for the next CL ...

About Leonardo, the joke that was Benitez had a record of 6-5-4 (15 games). Leonardo has 12-1-3 (16 games). But Leonardo got some players during the last mercato, and some other players have been back from injury. Starting to doubt about the Leonardo effect for Inter !! Last year, we conceded 39 goals with Leonardo (which was a good record compared to other teams), while with Allegri, we have only conceded 22 goals so far (amazing record) !!

I prefer this approach of having a great defence to win games, instead of a great attack with a lot of goals conceded. Why ? All great coaches will tell you that you don't build your team from the attack, it all starts with a good defence ... Allegri just tried to fix that this season, and it has worked (unfortunately, it's a short term fix, he'll need to replace Nesta sooner or later).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Spurs: 1 loss and 1 draw
Real: 1 loss and 1 draw
Ajax: 1 loss and 1 draw
Aux: 2 wins
Juve: 1 loss and 1 draw
Lazio: 2 draws
Napoli: 2 wins
Inter: 2 wins
Roma: 1 loss

I would not put Palermo as BIG TEAMS.

The record ain't exactly that great.

I do hope he learns from his mistakes too.

I just prefer the team to win regardless of their approach. What I dislike is the play to draw tactics that some coaches use.
As for Leo, I think it was amazing how Milan only conceded 39goals last season, considering the players Leo had. Just remember that at one point, Oddo and Bonera were both put as CBs due to injury to Nesta and T. Silva. On top of that, Leo did not have Big Nasty(MVB) and Prince for his midfield.
(04-04-2011, 10:44 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Spurs: 1 loss and 1 draw

I just prefer the team to win regardless of their approach. What I dislike is the play to draw tactics that some coaches use.
As for Leo, I think it was amazing how Milan only conceded 39goals last season, considering the players Leo had. Just remember that at one point, Oddo and Bonera were both put as CBs due to injury to Nesta and T. Silva. On top of that, Leo did not have Big Nasty(MVB) and Prince for his midfield.

I don't mix our results in CL and Serie A as they are two very different competitions ... I also don't mix these results with the Italian Cup games. Not the same approach.

In CL, you can win very few games and still be the winner at the end ... So it is pointless to look at the single results. In CL, no matter the games, the final result is an elimination in 1/8 finals.

And for the people who said they would have liked to have Leonardo here instead of Allegri, the 3 losses of Inter under Leonardo are against Milan, Juventus and Udinese.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
First we won against Juve in the second part of the season, second you are using records from the first half of the season and then talk about MVB, and just remember how we had to survive this winter with our injury list + cup ties. Leo has a top team at his disposal now, and we will see what he can achieve so no need for what ifs.

And the last and most important, look at our record with top 5 teams in the league, we have 12 against Inter and Napoli, 4 against Udinese and 2 against Lazio and these are this seasons best teams. If that is not an amazing record then what is.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
For me, there's no doubt that Allegri's a superior tactician to Leo, who I think is too set in his ideals and lacks tactical variation, never mind making some shocking tactical mistakes, like in the derby where he sacrificed a midfielder for a forward and allowed us to dominate the middle of the park.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leo's a better man manager, as this seems to be a very good strength of his.
(04-04-2011, 10:44 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Spurs: 1 loss and 1 draw

Gabriel426, you said you wuoldn't put palermo as a big team but you have forgotten so soon cause this same palermo last season we were unable to take a point from them but because allegri has given us three points so you should consider that. they are a top club
To Geo, understand your points about CL and League, but at the end of the day, if Milan beat Spurs, they are still in the hunt for CL. My critics on Allegri is not that Milan got kicked out, but rather losing at home against a Spurs team that played to a style that they never played and pretty sure nobody thought they can do-defensive, while Milan being at Home played for the draw.

Jovola, I did not say Allegri did crap rather, I just stated that there are still rooms for improvements. Like how people still criticize Pato after scoring 2 goals against Inter. What I said earlier was that, if Inter manages to win the league from Milan(prior to the derby), credits must be given to Leo and that Allegri should get the axe as there were just too many drop points 1. Against traditional big teams 2. Losing points in March.

To idowu, just b.c Milan lost to Palermo, it does not make them a big team. On top of that, Palermo was a lot stronger last year than this year.

To Dev. I think you are spot on, just want to add that both are also pretty stubborn about their tactics too. But, they are who they are, I admire them as they would rather lose with their own style than playing a different style.