Poll: Who will progress to the quarterfinal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Costa Rica
50.00%
3 50.00%
Greece
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

R16: Costa Rica - Greece (June 29, 2014 - 22:00 CET)
Costa Rica, deserved winners of Group D, take on Greece who came second in Group C thanks to a last minute penalty which has people's opinion split with regards to its legitimacy. Nevertheless, Costa Rica will look at this game as being quite winnable having come through the group of death with Italy, Uruguay and England. I believe it would be the country's first ever quarterfinal should they make it through, but you can't count Greece out because they will do whatever they have to in order to get a result that favours them! Also, Greece won't afford Costa Rica the kind of space that they found vs Italy and Uruguay so we'll see how they are able to cope with that as well.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Greece will simply win this one. Costa Rica has spent all of their luck for maybe the next century or so.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Oh come on, ZB, you know that Costa Rica is not done yet. It is not luck. They deserve it. Such a strong team. They will thrash Greece 5-0. Greece will miss a last minute penalty too.

Did you bet money on Greece again this time? Grinundwech
aka xudong
I think Costa Rica were great in the group stages, it'll be interesting to see this match. One thing which will be interesting is Greece, unlike the teams in Costa Rica's group, don't try to take the initiative, so it'll be interesting if Costa Rica can break down a tight defence.
Heart 
HeartHeartHeart Greece I love you Heart HeartHeart

HeartHeart
[Image: 241063-0-600.jpg]
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
(06-26-2014, 04:47 PM)xudong Wrote: Oh come on, ZB, you know that Costa Rica is not done yet. It is not luck. They deserve it. Such a strong team. They will thrash Greece 5-0. Greece will miss a last minute penalty too.

Did you bet money on Greece again this time? Grinundwech

If I do, it will be the first time I bet for Greece Sagrin

But it is possible Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Okmilan Greece’s surprising request after turning down World Cup bonus
By Eurosport

Whether it be their surprising Euro 2004 success a decade ago or their dramatic qualification from this year’s World Cup group stages, Greece tend to be a team of feelgood moments.

Their latest warming turn of events comes courtesy of a Greek report which suggests the squad have politely turned down a bonus from their Prime Minister, Antonis Samaras, for reaching the knockout phase for the first time in the famous tournament’s history.

Instead, they requested that the cash be used to build a brand-spanking new training centre for the national side so that they can continue to provide better results for their country.

A very brief letter read, according to NewsBomb.gr:

"We do not want extra bonus, or money. We only play for Greece and its people.

“All we want is for you to support our effort to find a land and create a sports center that will house our national team ".

Compare and contrast this to Cameroon threatening not to show up in Brazil at all prior to the World Cup kicking off over bonus rows.

Then, earlier this week, 3 million dollars had to be shipped out to Brazil so that Ghana would see through their third and final group stage match against Portugal.

Neither of those sides made it to the last-16. Greece did.

That alone says a great deal about the importance of integrity and national spirit, even in a sport as high-profile and rabidly-competitive as football.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the...23113.html
aka xudong
Okmilan great spirit

(I don't judge Cameroon and Ghana NT)
Costa Rica leading 1-0 in an otherwise boring game. I think Costa Rica will not get past Netherlands.

Back to this match, I am still rooting for a penalty kick shootout. In fact, I wish for every match to end with a PK shootout. That would be the only exciting way for a neutral. :d
aka xudong
Cards are coming!
1-1, great wish, Xu

Now I must wait at least 45 minutes more Big Grin