Poll: Who will progress to the quarterfinal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Argentina
83.33%
5 83.33%
Switzerland
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

R16: Argentina - Switzerland (July 1, 2014 - 18:00 CET)
Thumbs Down 
Man I miss Juan Roman Riqulme Sad I know he was a gutless coward #10, but atleast he could pass Sagrin
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
Have you all noticed that starting the knockout stage, most teams have resorted to a more conservative approach/mentality? I think it has to do with the weather, the bad schedule, and pressure. as a result, we don't see many goals in the first half. They all save their energy for the last 20 minutes or for the extra time.

The only exception seems to be Colombia, and that's probably because they are too strong for Uruguay who just lost their main star. I hope that the US can come out aggressively as they did in the group stage.
aka xudong
(07-01-2014, 07:48 PM)xudong Wrote: The only exception seems to be Colombia, and that's probably because they are too strong for Uruguay who just lost their main star. I hope that the US can come out aggressively as they did in the group stage.
You hope?? I have a news for you, US is going to beat Belgium before respectfully forfeiting the QF to Argentina.

Not exactly my type, apart from the hair, but she deserves to be in the hall of fame of zeekay, because she is supporting the right team. Messi is proud of fans like you Okmilan

[Image: fan-awaits.jpg]

[Image: female-fan-argentine.jpg]
Sorry! Any other day, any other night, any other place, any other opponent, ..
I owuld have gladly joined you to cheer for Switzerland. It was a matter of childhood love Heart for Argentina, so sorry again! Sagrin

[Image: 3-red-swiss-fans.jpg]
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
youre becoming even more annoying, if thats possible.
I am not working in an office, so I am fine, but zeekay has shown a deteriorating taste in ladies. :d
aka xudong
I thought it was me alone who thought so Devilol.Besides it being inappropriate for work (NSFW), the girls aren't even worth it! Facepalm
Siamo a posto cosi.
Argentina really don't look good imo, but they probably deserved the win on the balance of play. In the same way Neymar looked shattered for Brazil, Messi looks affected for Argentina too now. Di Maria was terrible, despite scoring the goal. BBC said he lost the ball over 50 times.

Switzerland did well in the first half, but I think they slowed in the second and couldn't raise their game. Their forward (whose name escapes me, Djurmic or something) was terrible and should have scored at least 1. That goal would have maybe been enough to see them through. They were desperately unlucky after Dzemaili's header hit the post.

A quick mention for Hitzfeld, whose brother also passed away. Condolences for him and his family. He's also mentioned he'll now quit coaching and probably work on tv, which is fair as he's not exactly young and has achieved some great results in his career.
Di Maria didn't exactly shine in the last game but along with Messi, he was Argentina's only source of creativity. Their midfield is all about brawn, their full-backs contributed nothing but few hopeful crosses, and Lavezzi offered little end product despite his usual energetic display. Towards the end of the game the stats on the TV screen showed that Di Maria hit 10 of his 11 shots on target which is quite remarkable.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Damn, it will be more interesting if the game went to the shootout.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!