Poll: How will the match end?
Netherlands win after 90 minutes
Netherlands win after extra time
Netherlands win after penalties
Costa Rica win after 90 minutes
Costa Rica win after extra time
Costa Rica win after penalties
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
QF: Netherlands vs Costa Rica - Goliath and David
Star 
Holland please! Devilf

[Image: smiling-dutch-fan.jpg]
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
Surprising result Big Grin

Congrats Costa Rica, you put up a great fight Okmilan
Krul sub was going to be genius or stupid. Good for van Gaal but I didn't like Krul intimidating/yapping/whatever at the Costa Rica pen takers.
(07-06-2014, 01:20 AM)reza Wrote: Krul sub was going to be genius or stupid. Good for van Gaal but I didn't like Krul intimidating/yapping/whatever at the Costa Rica pen takers.

I kept on waiting for Van Persie, who's been abject the whole game, to be substituted. To be perfectly honest I didn't know what to expect when I saw Krul warming up because from what I've seen of him with Newcastle he's nothing special. Obviously Van Gaal knows something that we don't and, not the first time in this World Cup, he's proved right. Krul guessed right the direction of all penalties and saved two of them.

As for the intimidation, as long as it's not forbidden that's okay. I remember when Julio Cesar was still playing for Inter he did the same thing to Ibra. He said something, laughed, even stuck his tongue out. The only difference is Krul apparently succeded in distracting the Costa Ricans whereas Julio Cesar failed.
free loan with option to buy ™
The fairy tale for Costa Rica ends, but what a fight they put up against the Dutch. Honestly, I don't have much to say on the game, it wasn't an amazing game. The Dutch were unlucky to hit the bar 3 times and credit to them for showing the mental strength to still keep their heads in the penalty shootout, which was even more impressive knowing their history in such situations.

Costa Rica deserve credit for their role in this World Cup. It goes to show that even if you're not an amazing team, you can still perform small miracles and while the Dutch did hit the bar so often, as the saying goes, fortune favours the brave. Costa Rica made their own luck and could have even won this game in Extra Time.
Costa Rica absolutely deserves a lot of praise. They played three World Champions and two European Champions and didn't lose any single game. Okmilan