Poll: How will the semifinalist be decided?
France win after 90 minutes
France win after extra time
France win after penalties
Germany win after 90 minutes
Germany win after extra time
Germany win after penalties
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
QF: France vs Germany - Where is Europe heart
[Image: fra.png] France vs Germany [Image: ger.png]

The battle between two Europe rivals will decide a sure Europe competitor in the semifinal.

Last match showed the weaknesses of both teams, especially the clumsiness of Giroud and Mertesacker, two Arsenal players Big Grin

However, their strengths are undeniable. Both teams possess strong midfielder trio that can control the match efficiently, though the approaches are quite opposite: French are physical oriented while German are more technical.

The midfielder battles in this competition are fierce, and in this match, which team will perform better?

At this moment, French squad are unscathed.
Hummels will recover from a fever soon enough, but Mustafi's injury could prevent him.

Rio de Janeiro is in the coolest time of the year, but the temperature at 13:00 is not very forgiving, the same applies to humidity. This is also the first match of quaterfinal round, so both teams must plan seriously, especially Germany who just experienced full 120 minutes.

The Cockerel vs The Eagle : a fair encounter Icon_lol2
Heart 
The winner of this tie must promise that they would beat Brazil and lose to Argentina. This or I hate them equally both. In the mean time, lets pay tribute to the enthusiastic fans of France.

[Image: fan-leg.jpg]

[Image: french-love.jpg][Image: fan-female-flag.jpg]
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
Zeekay, have you thought of running out to the street and write Argentina everywhere on the wall? Icon_lol2
(07-01-2014, 05:58 PM)xudong Wrote: Zeekay, have you thought of running out to the street and write Argentina everywhere on the wall? Icon_lol2
YES
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
That's the spirit! :d
(07-01-2014, 12:39 PM)Aficio Wrote:
[Image: fra.png] France vs Germany [Image: ger.png]

However, their strengths are undeniable. Both teams possess strong midfielder trio that can control the match efficiently, though the approaches are quite opposite: French are physical oriented while German are more technical.

The midfielder battles in this competition are fierce, and in this match, which team will perform better?

Reading this description makes me think about the first German and French midfield I've ever watched, but it's the opposite.

Pogba, Matuidi and Cabaye reminded me of Haessler, Eilts, and Moeller; while Oezil, Schweinsteiger and Kroos reminded me of Deschamps, Zidane and Djorkaeff Sagrin
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(07-02-2014, 02:57 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Reading this description makes me think about the first German and French midfield I've ever watched, but it's the opposite.

Pogba, Matuidi and Cabaye reminded me of Haessler, Eilts, and Moeller; while Oezil, Schweinsteiger and Kroos reminded me of Deschamps, Zidane and Djorkaeff Sagrin

Which match did you watch?

German old trio are older Big Grin so they could be at disadvantage.
Euro'96, the first tournament I watched on TV. Mind that those old midfield were champions... though the 'younger' ones would be world champions in 2 years.
Are you sure? Big Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_1996

I think it was a friendly match.
No, I don't even talk about a France v Germany match. I said that I watched that tournament as the first time I watched international football on TV.

Germany vs England was the first game I watched (very impressed by Alan Shearer despite the loss, still remembering two Germans stabbed to death in London as the aftermath), and I also watched France vs Czech Rep rerun.