Luiz Felipe Scolari
Jose Pekerman
Jorge Luis Pinto
Didier Deschamps
Joachim Löw
Louis van Gaal
Other options...
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Who is the best coach
We will have more days without than with WC football after Round of 16. Let's observe the coaches.

Unlike the winner prediction, this poll is all about personal point of view, so take it after the WC ends doesn't kill the fun. Now (2, 3 days before QF) is just a good time to begin.

Some general assessments:

[Image: arg.png] Alejandro Sabella ($818,240): A doting father or yes-man of Messi, maybe. Great tactician, maybe not.

[Image: bel.png] Marc Wilmots ($864,400): Youngest and poorest (compare with Belgium average). Best at tactical adjustment and substitutions, along with Van Gaal.

[Image: bra.png] Luiz Felipe Scolari ($3,973,730): Biggest salary and only former winner in quarterfinalists. Doesn't have a perfect squad (who does?) but still completed 4/7 missions.

[Image: col.png] Jose Pekerman ($1,678,450): Attacking mind, while serious about defense. Won all the matches painlessly in 90 minutes.

[Image: crc.png] Jorge Luis Pinto ($440,590): Earns the least, surprises the most. Someone said he is one of if not the most cunning.

[Image: fra.png] Didier Deschamps ($2,161,000): Under him, France are not the enemy of themselves, but a formidable opponent for every team.

[Image: ger.png] Joachim Löw ($3,602,460): Has spent 10 years in his NT, experienced 4 loses against Italy and Spain, yet still loved by countrymen and respected by neutral fans. Not afraid of trying new ideas and a keen listener.

[Image: ned.png] Louis van Gaal ($2,738,060): Won all the matches in 90 minutes against difficult opponents, and with great tactical adjustment & substitutions.

Other options: Jorge Sampaoli (Chile), Miguel Herrera (Mexico), Fernando Santos (Greece), Jurgen Klinsmann (United States),...
Up to this point, I think van Gaal is arguably the best. He was forced to remodel his scheme to 5-3-3 because his linchpin Strootman got injured and he only had like two friendlies to test it. Yet not only the new approach works but it does so exceptionally well most notably when they faced Spain. And when things didn't go as planned, his tweaks during the game like against Mexico proved decisive.
free loan with option to buy ™
While there are some top coaches in this tournament like Van Gaal, Hitzfeld and Scolari (who I think is often underrated), I chose the "Other" option as I pick Sampaoli. Whether he's the best coach of not something I can really answer, but certainly his ability to get so much out of this Chile side as well as the exciting tactical battle he had with Scolari has impressed me a lot and imo deserves a great deal of credit.
For me, it is between van Gaal and Wilmots.
Jose Pekerman for now, but I still think he is an idiot overall for leaving Javier Zanetti out in WC 2006 and not utilizing Pablo Aimar and teenage Messi in his team.
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
From the standpoint of preparation and analysis I am pretty sure Low is near the top. Among this list and otherwise.
(07-02-2014, 12:51 PM)Nalx Wrote: Up to this point, I think van Gaal is arguably the best. He was forced to remodel his scheme to 5-3-3 because his linchpin Strootman got injured and he only had like two friendlies to test it. Yet not only the new approach works but it does so exceptionally well most notably when they faced Spain. And when things didn't go as planned, his tweaks during the game like against Mexico proved decisive.

Ahhh so thats way it always seemed Holland has that extra man on the pitch Big Grin I thought thats because they run more than their opponents Big Grin
29 goals scored by the subs, so the coaches are good.
Or perhaps the weather is taking its toll on the starters so the substitutes can run rampage with fresh legs? Wink
Siamo a posto cosi.
Maybe so Big Grin

And Fifa are considering an option: Allowing 4th substitution in extra time. If passed, it could be used in WC2018 in Russia.

I like it applied right away Big Grin