Summer Mercato
(09-05-2014, 08:33 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I agree 100% of what you said! but then just look at Cristante. Do you think the structure of Milan will allow Coman to play against Lazio? Or someone like. Pogba to even have a game or two to see how effectively useless he could be?

Bale didn't become the 100million transfer bc of one great season, he went through a lot of okay season before that great season. Same thing goes to Ibra, Di Maria, Ozil,Neuer, Messi, Lahm, Kaka, Silva, Hummels, Costa and even CR7. Yes, some of them might be praised as the next big thing when we first noticed them but when you look at their first few real competitive games and games during their peak seasons. You will notice that their games at their peak seasons are more polished and pretty much mistake free. All players have learning curve, playing regularly gaining exp, injuries and off the pitch work ethics are the differences between someone who didn't live up to his earlier promises or someone who fulfilled their potentials. Playing regularly is something that Milan and most IT teams in general won't do. Now if you are a young player like Pogba, would you go to a top team which plays youngsters like himself or a top team which does not.

That's why Milan at this point will never have any interesting youngsters emerging unless there are a huge injury crisis.

Sad thing is, Milan could have gone the youth movement this summer by holding on to guys like Polashi and Cristante, while signing Merkel back(sure he would come back cheaper), and even getting someone like Darmain. Now when you add those four with SES, DES, Niang and Menez; and actually let them play regularly with De Jong, Honda, Abate, Monty and others, it will send signals to all promising young players that a big club like Milan will play you as long as you work hard. Milan might not get into CL, but at least it will begin to attract good young players.

good post
(09-05-2014, 09:39 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 08:33 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I agree 100% of what you said! but then just look at Cristante. Do you think the structure of Milan will allow Coman to play against Lazio? Or someone like. Pogba to even have a game or two to see how effectively useless he could be?

Bale didn't become the 100million transfer bc of one great season, he went through a lot of okay season before that great season. Same thing goes to Ibra, Di Maria, Ozil,Neuer, Messi, Lahm, Kaka, Silva, Hummels, Costa and even CR7. Yes, some of them might be praised as the next big thing when we first noticed them but when you look at their first few real competitive games and games during their peak seasons. You will notice that their games at their peak seasons are more polished and pretty much mistake free. All players have learning curve, playing regularly gaining exp, injuries and off the pitch work ethics are the differences between someone who didn't live up to his earlier promises or someone who fulfilled their potentials. Playing regularly is something that Milan and most IT teams in general won't do. Now if you are a young player like Pogba, would you go to a top team which plays youngsters like himself or a top team which does not.

That's why Milan at this point will never have any interesting youngsters emerging unless there are a huge injury crisis.

Sad thing is, Milan could have gone the youth movement this summer by holding on to guys like Polashi and Cristante, while signing Merkel back(sure he would come back cheaper), and even getting someone like Darmain. Now when you add those four with SES, DES, Niang and Menez; and actually let them play regularly with De Jong, Honda, Abate, Monty and others, it will send signals to all promising young players that a big club like Milan will play you as long as you work hard. Milan might not get into CL, but at least it will begin to attract good young players.

good post

Good post but TOTALLY UNREALISTIC. Sagrin

We better laugh what we write that is actually logic and doable (but unrealistic for the management) than thinking of what Galliani and co will do to this team.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-05-2014, 09:21 AM)Jokka Wrote: After watching yesterday's game, isn't it funny 2 other youth players (Darmian + Astori) are starting for Italy? I would rather have Astori playing than Zapata, Mexes, Bonera or Rami. I also wish we would've sold Abate and replaced him with Darmian.

I've read quite a few posters hyping Niang and can't see why. For me, Niang is a mediocre player. Not good, not bad just plain average. He's just another example of bad youth scouting along with Gabriel, Vergara and Saponara. That's what's most frustrating about Cristante's sale. Niang was given 28 Serie A games and couldn't score once. His decision making's poor and finishing awful. Also never seen somebody take so many inconsistent corners/free kicks.

I can already tell Coman's far superior and has great player potential. Same as Keita from Lazio. Keita scored 5 goals and 5 assists in less games for Lazio last season and he's Niang's age. I even read posters on Forza Inter forums praising Coman saying "let's hope he's another M'baye Niang not Pogba lol". Let's not even mention Niang's unprofessional behaviour off the pitch. Even Balotelli was much better behaved and had serious talent yet was sold.

I don't mean to be rude but would you expect a 19 year old to be perfect? (probably 17 the last time we saw him play for us before his loan). The fact that you pointed out he has 28 seria a appearances at his age in a team like Milan is good enough. His decision making is somewhat poor, needs works, his finishing sucks I agree, and his corners and free kicks are inconsistent - fine, but the fact that he's taking them also means he's one of the better players at doing so, because they prearrange that stuff before the matches anyhow, not bad for a 19 year old. A couple negatives to his game which will easily be improved should never outweigh the positives in his game, such as great speed, good dribbling, workrate, strength, and young age on his side. And his unprofessional behavior, well again 17 years old, he's matured a lot now. As far as Coman goes, I remember pretty well that Niang killed it on his debut and first few games and we were all so excited, he hit a crossbar and was doing all sorts of nice dribbles, plus he scored on his Coppa Italia debut, it's too early to judge either one of them fairly.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the criticism around Niang, I hope he proves everyone wrong. I thought he was talented for a 17 year old in his first season with us, he came back from loan and is still only 19 years old, and had a phenomenal preseason. We might as well be calling Inzaghi a poor judge of talent if Niang isn't talented, because we were planning to send him out on loan but he convinced Inzaghi he's good enough to stay, and Inzaghi has given Niang a fair amount of praise since. I have high expectations for this guy(as much as I did for Cristante) who we have sadly sold, I think he's part of our future. And that's another good point to make, Niang is willing to fight for a spot knowing he'll be on the bench for more than enough games beforehand, Cristante wanted to leave because he thought there were too many players - so let's add that to his list of positives.

On topic, did anyone see this?
http://www.goal.com/it/news/2/serie-a/20...%C3%A0-nel-

Apparently we have a deal to sign Suso from Liverpool in 2015, other articles say we could get him as early as January for a small fee. Very talented player, apparently our 'real' replacement for Cristante - if so, I'll be content.
I was going to mention it in my post the other day (I presume I forgot). Anyway, Suso isn't a Cristante replacement, that's press BS talk. Two totally different players with totally different skill sets. A Cristante replacement is needed though, as right now only Montolivo provides similar qualities in the squad. Suso is an interesting player though, with qualities that should have been acquired during the summer.

The one positive feeling coming out from the club is that there appears to be better ethics and codes of conduct in place in the squad, something that Pippo should be praised on (he's one of the very few in the club that actually has my respect right now) and something that was lost during the influx of "bad boys" during the Allegri era. It's important for the future for the club to return to being professional and innovative. If the players show this and we continue down this path, then there's room for growth. However, that also mean Berlusconi and Galliani have to do the same and acting with a little humility and sacrifice towards a common goal (as reza said the other day, a change in philosophy). Despite disagreements in the past week, if there's one thing I agree on with nefremo, there are some green shoots of hope from Pippo coming in. Question is whether the two clowns at the top allow growth, as until now the only good job they've done is trample on any hope.
The mercato discussion continues at http://www.milanmania.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=759